Page 111 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4376
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States are sitting on millions of surplus Covid-19 vaccine doses as expiration dates approach

doses likely expire this summer

Several state health departments told STAT they have repeatedly asked the federal government to redistribute their supply to other countries, many of which are facing a third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Officials in Washington have rejected those requests, citing legal and logistical challenges.

“We’re drowning in this stuff,”

“It’s starting to get a bit silly and we want to make sure we’re being good stewards.”

Currently, states have administered 52.36 million fewer doses than have been distributed to them,

even a conservative estimate suggests at least half is likely excess vaccine,

That would leave 26.2 million unused doses at the state level —

enough to protect at least 13.1 million people.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/20/states-are-sitting-on-millions-of-surplus-covid-19-vaccine-doses-as-expiration-dates-approach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gov. Abbott encouraging vaccination. He ust be worried about something -- his own national aspirations, most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roundup of nasal vaccine efforts

Our mucosal immune cells make a special class of antibodies that are constantly secreted from the mucous membranes to protect the nose, gut, and other vulnerable sites from pathogens we’ve seen in the past. “But if you don’t stimulate the immune system in the mucosae, you don’t obtain mucosal immune responses,” says Pierre Charneau, head of the Molecular Virology and Vaccinology Unit at the Pasteur Ins ute.

Yet most research on SARS-CoV-2 and our immune systems has overlooked mucosal immunity in favor of the easier-to-study systemic immunity.
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021...-research.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more time between vaccines may enhance their effectiveness.

The University of Oxford-led study might help inform vaccination strategies against the Delta variant, which reduces the effectiveness of a first dose of the vaccine even though two doses are still protective, and one author said that the UK’s eight-week gap was a “sweet spot” against Delta.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...?sf147968896=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that the author makes no mention of Covi-Vac. It's a live-attenuated nasal vaccine and the most promising one out there imo.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/intra...191300835.html

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gov. Abbott encouraging vaccination. He ust be worried about something -- his own national aspirations, most likely.

I don't care about his reasons or aspirations, as long as his endorsement encourages some non-trivial percentage of the hesitant right to actually follow through and get vaccinated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about his reasons or aspirations, as long as his endorsement encourages some non-trivial percentage of the hesitant right to actually follow through and get vaccinated.
    He's not doing it for aspirations. Just a good Godly man trying to do the job Biden can't get done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivermectin Shows Us the Consequences of Politicized Science

Ivermectin is the new hydroxychloroquine.

Acontingent of Americans has embraced the anti-parasite drug ivermectin as a miracle cure for COVID-19 despite warnings from the American scientific community that little to no evidence exists of its efficacy.

At the same time, many Americans have rejected the COVID-19 vaccines in spite of enormous evidence supporting their efficacy.

The persistent trust in ivermectin and hesitancy to take a widely-proven vaccine is

a logical consequence of rejecting American ins utions,

and a consequence exacerbated by those who have politicized science.
    At best, the Egyptian study was poorly performed and partially plagiarized;

at worst, the data were
    outright fraudulent.

The study had faced substantial criticism since its release, and was
    recently retracted

by the preprint website where it was published.

minimal evidence supports its use over any random medication in your home medicine cabinet in the fight against COVID-19.

https://thebulwark.com/ivermectin-sh...cized-science/

... as strategized by the oligarchy. "Government is the problem"
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-25-2021 at 07:43 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting vaccinated can cause trees to fall on your ass and cripple you for life.

-Governor Derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's worth pointing out that Israel got access to the Pfizer vaccine a bit sooner than the rest of the world, but also that the Pfizer vaccine is being studied nationwide in real time.

A full course of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was just 39% effective at preventing infections and 41% effective at preventing symptomatic infections caused by the Delta Covid-19 variant, according to Israel’s health ministry, down from early estimates of 64% two weeks ago.

The figures, based on data from an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, are significantly lower than previous estimates of the vaccine’s efficacy against other variants, which initial clinical trials found to be 95%.

The Israel findings also conflict with several other studies assessing the vaccine’s performance against the Delta variant, which indicated only slightly diminished degrees of protection against infection and mild illness (between 80% and 90%), including peer reviewed research from Public Health England published Wednesday.

The vaccine still provides very high levels of protection against hospitalization (92%) and severe illness (91%) caused by the Delta variant, the ministry said.

In a statement, Pfizer and BioNTech noted that while real-world data from Israel show vaccine efficacy in preventing infection and symptomatic disease to decline six months post-vaccination, “efficacy in preventing serious illnesses remains high.”
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...tudy-suggests/

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's worth pointing out that Israel got access to the Pfizer vaccine a bit sooner than the rest of the world, but also that the Pfizer vaccine is being studied nationwide in real time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...tudy-suggests/
    The 92% and 91% are all I could hope for tbh. Trump s ruined the chance of herd immunity through vaccines; now we have to wait for them to get sick and/or die.

Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda like the armbands in Germany 193something huh?
    Well, , let's invade Russia.

Let them try and step up with det prototype jet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burning your $400,000 salary to pwn the libs and their free vaccines.

EDIT: There are conflicting reports whether he was actually fired. Some say "negotiations" are ongoing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gargling is cheap and easy to do

One underexplored strategy to better control transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in schools may involve the use of a dilute oral antiseptic gargle or oral rinse. Similar to the two-way protection afforded by masks, treating the mouth with a safe, effective dilute antiseptic can better protect students by reducing spread and preventing infection. The idea is simple. If a child is asymptomatically infected and shedding virus, a before- and after-school oral treatment can potentially diminish the quan y or quality of active virus entering infectious droplets/aerosols making them less infectious. On the other hand, if a child is healthy but exposed to the virus, the treatment might provide prophylaxis against or at least mitigate infection.
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion.../93731?vpass=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does oral antibiotic work on viruses?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT: There are conflicting reports whether he was actually fired. Some say "negotiations" are ongoing.
    Is he the Dear Leader's brother?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does no harm, might help marginally.

not sure what your punch line is.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does oral antibiotic work on viruses?
    If it contains enough alcohol it would work the same way hand sanitizers do, it would only work on virus particles in the mouth at the time of the gargle though. Its not like you stop shedding virus in between oral treatments though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see there is also dissension in training camps, smart vax'd vs stupid s non-vax'd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does no harm, might help marginally.

not sure what your punch line is.
    It's not the first time you've posted mouthwashes or nasal sprays

You like to give Darrin for believing ivermectin might be helpful while you promote gargling with disinfectants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the first time you've posted mouthwashes or nasal sprays

You like to give Darrin for believing ivermectin might be helpful while you promote gargling with disinfectants
    Repost=/= endorsement. We're talking about it now.

What's your problem with considering treatment options, even marginally effective ones, for people who can't get the vaccine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alcohol actually kills the virus.

Ivermectin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repost=/= endorsement. We're talking about it now.

What's your problem with considering treatment options, even marginally effective ones, for people who can't get the vaccine?
    I wouldn't doubt you had a problem when Trump was touting HCQ though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there some way to discuss and consider "vaccines and treatments" without posting information about them?

Repost =/= advice or conclusion, sometimes it just means something seems interesting to me.

Thread Information