Page 110 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really are more terrified of the vaccine than covid?

Jesus you're a ing moron

I've had both. Terrified of neither.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've had both. Terrified of neither.
    no one's asking you to be afraid. that's a faulty inference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China whiffing with Sinovac

Antibody levels in people fully vaccinated with the Sinovac vaccine decline by half every 40 days, according to findings from a joint study between Thammasat University's faculty of medicine and the National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (Biotec).
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-every-40-days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Mic e Fiscus, the medical director for vaccine-preventable diseases and immunization programs at the Tennessee Department of Health, said she was fired on Monday afternoon and provided a copy of her termination letter. It provides no explanation for her termination.

Fiscus said she was a scapegoat who was terminated to appease state lawmakers angry about the department's efforts to vaccinate teenagers against coronavirus.
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ad/7928699002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pfizer COVID vaccine makes 10 times more antibodies than Sinovac - study

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...c-study-674173

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID truther lies to Fox News that vaccines are ‘declining in effectiveness very quickly’

Tucker Carlson

played host to Alex Berenson,

a COVID-19 truther who has consistently pushed
    falsehoods and wrong predictions about the pandemic.

During the segment, Berenson falsely cast doubt on the effectiveness of the vaccines at protecting people from the virus.

https://www.rawstory.com/fox-news-al...enson-vaccines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-vax has always been a religious nut thing too, see the measles outbreak at Kenneth Copeland's church in 2013.
    Outbreak among Somalis in minnesota some time ago too iirc

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Should COVID-19 be a vaccine disease or a childhood disease?

Dear Editor

In the discussion regarding COVID-19 vaccination of children, several aspects seem to be missing.

First, vaccination of children is based on a small Pfizer-sponsored phase 3 trial of 2260 adolescents randomized to BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine or saline. The resulting paper concludes that the vaccine ”had a favorable safety profile”(1). However, based on data presented in supplementary table 2, in the age group 12-15 years, 7/1131 vaccinated vs. 2/1129 unvaccinated had a severe adverse event (1), i.e. a 3-fold increased risk. In the 16-25 years age group presented in the same paper, 9/536 vaccinated vs. 3/561 unvaccinated had a severe adverse event (1), i.e. likewise a 3-fold increased risk. The combined results indicate a 3.28 (95% confidence interval 1.21 to 8.94)-fold increased risk in severe adverse events in the vaccinated adolescents/young adults (2). In absolute numbers, 1 of 100 vaccinated experienced a severe event, vs. 3 of 1000 unvaccinated. Data was not presented by sex.

A protective vaccine can have negative non-specific and sex-differential effects on overall health (3). For instance, a protective measles vaccine had to be withdrawn after being associated with 2-fold higher all-cause mortality for females (4). A partially protective malaria vaccine was recently likewise associated with 2-fold higher female mortality (5). These epidemiological observations indicate that while the vaccines protected against the target disease, they increased the susceptibility to other diseases. In other words, the specific protection came at the price of increased susceptibility to other diseases. This epidemiological phenomenon of negative non-specific effects has been linked to innate immune tolerance (3, 6). Though the number of participants was small, the only study so far of BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine indicates that this vaccine induces innate immune tolerance towards bacterial and viral ligands (7). Thus, protection against COVID-19 could come at the price of increased risk of other infections.

Other pandemic vaccines have later been found out to have caused rare but severe side effects, like Guillain-Barré syndrome in recipients of flu vaccines in 1976, and narcolepsy linked to one brand of swine flu influenza vaccine in 2009(8). None of the phase 3 trials of COVID-19 vaccines were designed to study either non-specific sex-differential effects, or rare but severe long-term side effects (8).

Given the low risk of severe COVID-19 in previously healthy children - none in the Pfizer-sponsored phase 3 trial (1) - it is not clear that vaccine benefits outweigh harm in healthy children.

Second, arguments for vaccinating children include that infection in children could lead to more dangerous variants. Variants of concern have typically been the result of persistent infections in immunocompromised people that can cause the virus to mutate more frequently because the person's immune system cannot clear the virus as quickly as the immune system of a healthy person (9). Presumably healthy children, who typically have very mild/short-lasting infections, are unlikely to give rise to variants of concern. Noteworthy, individuals, who have had COVID-19 infection, will likely have broad resistance towards SARS-CoV2 variants(10), and thus contribute importantly to herd immunity.

This leads us to the third point: Should COVID-19 be a vaccine disease or a childhood disease? There has been surprisingly little discussion about the future of COVID-19. Many people seem to assume that COVID-19 will become a disease for which we vaccinate the whole population perhaps annually or biannually. This will be expensive - and potentially harmful, if the (repeated) vaccinations have negative effects. We do not think vaccination of the whole population is necessary either; in fact, it may be counter-productive for society.

The known endemic human Corona-viruses (HCoV) infect most people before age 15; thereafter people may become re-infected again, but as evidenced by the lack of IgM responses, the response is a recall response (11). These HCoV rarely cause severe disease until the age of immunosenescence and we would never contemplate vaccinating against HCoVs at the population level, even if vaccines existed.

Given that we are so lucky that SARS-CoV2 very rarely cause severe disease in children, the safest and cheapest way forward seems to be to tame SARS-CoV2 to a common childhood disease like other HCoV. This would happen by allowing SARS-CoV2 to infect children, who thereby likely become protected against severe disease well into late adulthood. Importantly, this transition of SARS-CoV2 into a childhood disease would be delayed if there is too little SARS-CoV2 circulating. As noted by others: “Once most adults are vaccinated, circulation of SARS-CoV-2 may in fact be desirable, as it is likely to lead to primary infection early in life when disease is mild, followed by booster re-exposures throughout adulthood … This would keep reinfections mild and immunity up to date”(12).

In conclusion, there are good arguments why not vaccinating children may in fact serve several purposes at the individual as well as at the societal level:
    • Not vaccinating children protects children against the potential unknown harms of COVID-19 vaccinations.
    • Not vaccinating children gives them the opportunity to develop a broad natural immunity, contributing to herd immunity, and speeding up the transition of SARS-CoV2 into a childhood disease.
    The avoided costs of making COVID-19 a vaccine disease, for which we vaccinate the whole population maybe annually or biannually, could be well spend on other health related issues such as smoking, cancer, obesity, and mental health.

References
    1. Frenck RW, Jr., Klein NP, Kitchin N, Gurtman A, Absalon J, Lockhart S, et al. Safety, Immunogenicity, and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 Covid-19 Vaccine in Adolescents. N Engl J Med. 2021.
    2. Benn CS. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/chris...ty-immunogenic.... LinkedIn post 2021.
    3. Benn CS, Fisker AB, Rieckmann A, Sørup S, Aaby P. Vaccinology: time to change the paradigm? Lancet Infect Dis. 2020.
    4. Aaby P, Jensen H, Samb B, Cisse B, Sodemann M, Jakobsen M, et al. Differences in female-male mortality after high- re measles vaccine and association with subsequent vaccination with diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis and inactivated poliovirus: reanalysis of West African studies. Lancet. 2003;361(9376):2183-8.
    5. Klein SL, Shann F, Moss WJ, Benn CS, Aaby P. RTS,S Malaria Vaccine and Increased Mortality in Girls. MBio. 2016;7(2):e00514-16.
    6. Blok BA, de Bree LCJ, Diavatopoulos DA, Langereis JD, Joosten LAB, Aaby P, et al. Interacting, Nonspecific, Immunological Effects of Bacille Calmette-Guerin and Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis Inactivated Polio Vaccinations: An Explorative, Randomized Trial. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;70(3):455-63.
    7. Föhse FK, Geckin B, Overheul GJ, van de Maat J, Kilic G, Bulut O, et al. The BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 reprograms both adaptive and innate immune responses. medRxiv. 2021:2021.05.03.21256520.
    8. Doshi P. Will covid-19 vaccines save lives? Current trials aren't designed to tell us. Bmj. 2020;371:m4037.
    9. Pea TP, Penrice-Randal R, Hiscox JA, Barclay WS. SARS-CoV-2 one year on: evidence for ongoing viral adaptation. J Gen Virol. 2021;102(4).
    10. Ferretti AP, Kula T, Wang Y, Nguyen DMV, Weinheimer A, Dunlap GS, et al. Unbiased Screens Show CD8(+) T Cells of COVID-19 Patients Recognize Shared Epitopes in SARS-CoV-2 that Largely Reside outside the e Protein. Immunity. 2020;53(5):1095-107.e3.
    11. Zhou W, Wang W, Wang H, Lu R, Tan W. First infection by all four non-severe acute respiratory syndrome human coronaviruses takes place during childhood. BMC Infect Dis. 2013;13:433.
    12. Lavine JS, Bjornstad O, Antia R. Vaccinating children against SARS-CoV-2. BMJ. 2021;373:n1197.

Competing interests: No competing interests

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1687/rr-8

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    COVID truther lies to Fox News that vaccines are ‘declining in effectiveness very quickly’

Tucker Carlson

played host to Alex Berenson,

a COVID-19 truther who has consistently pushed
    falsehoods and wrong predictions about the pandemic.

During the segment, Berenson falsely cast doubt on the effectiveness of the vaccines at protecting people from the virus.

https://www.rawstory.com/fox-news-al...enson-vaccines
    Israel sees drop in Pfizer vaccine protection against infections

"Vaccine effectiveness in preventing both infection and symptomatic disease fell to 64% since June 6, the Health Ministry said."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ng-2021-07-05/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The decline

coincided with the spread of the Delta variant and

the end of social distancing restrictions in Israel.

Vaccine effectiveness in preventing both infection and symptomatic disease fell to 64% since June 6, the Health Ministry said.

At the same time the vaccine was 93% effective in preventing hospitalizations and serious illness from the coronavirus."

G F Y

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA is in his "muh research" phase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel sees drop in Pfizer vaccine protection against infections

"Vaccine effectiveness in preventing both infection and symptomatic disease fell to 64% since June 6, the Health Ministry said."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ng-2021-07-05/
    I hear there's an annually distributed jab for the flu, wild stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are like 195 countries in the world. When TSA's conspiracy theories about one country get destroyed it's on to the next.

Cyprus.

Israel.

What will be next on TSAnon's World Tour?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Responding to boutons article, wild stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pfizer pushing hard for an imminent booster, Capitalism not Science, $Bs profits,

$150 - $175 per one shot vs $39 for Pfizer initial 2-shot

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's the mother er!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it required to go to the groceries?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    afaik, no

but I don't mind if they do require it. businesses can decide or themselves.

making vaccination expressly a two-tier system might be an effective way to make it socially desirable to most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    afaik, no

but I don't mind if they do require it. businesses can decide or themselves.

making vaccination expressly a two-tier system might be an effective way to make it socially desirable to most.
    Kinda like the armbands in Germany 193something huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually nothing like that at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually nothing like that at all.
    Disagreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us all how it's exactly like that, hater.

Explain fully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not seeing it, I was talking about businesses trying to protect their patrons and themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J.&J. Vaccine May Be Less Effective Against Delta, Study Suggests

Many who received the shot may need to consider boosters, the authors said.

But federal health officials do not recommend second doses.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/20/h...ine-delta.html

===============================

Boston Globe email:

Delta variant now makes up 83 percent of cases nationwide

Thread Information