Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I will say it again...

They absolutely show preconceived notions about the characteristic behavior of a specific ethnic group.

And the notions are NOT COMPLEMENTARY.
    You're a scientist. How do you not get that you can't make judgments on unknown matters?

Are you just a really ty scientist, or do you get to conveniently forget your processes when you go on a message board?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Because your 1/64th Native American or something down the line?

You check Caucasian or Decline To Say in the box, bro.
    Nope, but nice try

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, but nice try
    What do you check?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, derp is really serious about getting information on men here.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Not what your uncultured white ass checks

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not what your uncultured white ass checks
    You check white or refuse to state (like you're doing now).

Called it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You check white or refuse to state (like you're doing now).

Called it.
    Why is his race so important to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Just glad I don't have some position like this, all the dirt they'd find on me calling Kool a chimp and posting A. Wyatt Mann cartoons at him for nearly 10 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Just glad I don't have some position like this, all the dirt they'd find on me calling Kool a chimp and posting A. Wyatt Mann cartoons at him for nearly 10 years.
    99% of Spurstalk posters wouldn't pass that test. Not even most of the hardcore liberal ones.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a scientist. How do you not get that you can't make judgments on unknown matters?

Are you just a really ty scientist, or do you get to conveniently forget your processes when you go on a message board?
    Social science is very difficult.
    But I do believe the obvious connection between blacks and whites and their probability of ending up in jail or prison has a very good explanation and that does go along with data. But you dont want to discuss the connection, or even entertain it... because...

1. Either you dont even know what it is.
    2. Know what it is but dont want to discuss it because you dont want to take an L.

Thats your MO on this board.

I will now bike and hold off on the obvious seeing if you can figure it out on your own.
    My MO is holding off on a lot of info just to engage other people in a very different setting to understand things they would never say to your face.
    I actually want to know why people hold on to beliefs that I think are painfully obvious. Most of it seems to be people want a black and white (binary) answer. imo this is part of the comfort of being a conservative.

(Huge aside:

I do so many things in my life that dont have a clean scientific basis, I am not some kind of robot.
    if Im watching a Spurs game and they start doing poorly I just turn it off, and when I turn it back on and we have made a comeback, then I wonder if I want to keep watching fully knowing what I physically do watching the game has no effect on the outcome. Everyone has little idiosyncrasies or hangups that just dont control what they think it will.

imo opinion human beings are control freaks. We like to feel we have control over things we dont so we invent things to comfort ourselves into believing we do have control. Im fully aware this, I am just as likely to fall into this as anyone else. Just understanding what science can and cannot do does not give me a leg up on everything because I have some damn stupid habits just like anyone else just behaving for the comfort things. I can get rid of most of them if I really want to, but its just not that big a deal for most of my habits, its really not gonna make any difference either way

I realize this.)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I do believe the obvious connection between blacks and whites and their probability of ending up in jail or prison has a very good explanation and that does go along with data. But you dont want to discuss the connection, or even entertain it... because...
    How many times do I need to tell you I don't mind the existential discussion. I just need you to acknowledge that this rabbit hole does not speak to whether this guy was being racist or not.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social science is very difficult.
    Not when it comes to making judgments that are rooted in something real rather than imagined attributions.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Either you dont even know what it is.
    2. Know what it is but dont want to discuss it because you dont want to take an L.

Thats your MO on this board.

I will now bike and hold off on the obvious seeing if you can figure it out on your own.
    My MO is holding off on a lot of info just to engage other people in a very different setting to understand things they would never say to your face.
    I actually want to know why people hold on to beliefs that I think are painfully obvious. Most of it seems to be people want a black and white (binary) answer. imo this is part of the comfort of being a conservative.
    I need you to stop pretending that your contrivances make you a white knight. If you cannot directly explain how the dude's statement is racist, then you've shown that you're the real problem. You need to change your nasty habits and stop thinking that you're serving valor for being a .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Huge aside:

I do so many things in my life that dont have a clean scientific basis, I am not some kind of robot.
    if Im watching a Spurs game and they start doing poorly I just turn it off, and when I turn it back on and we have made a comeback, then I wonder if I want to keep watching fully knowing what I physically do watching the game has no effect on the outcome. Everyone has little idiosyncrasies or hangups that just dont control what they think it will.

imo opinion human beings are control freaks. We like to feel we have control over things we dont so we invent things to comfort ourselves into believing we do have control. Im fully aware this, I am just as likely to fall into this as anyone else. Just understanding what science can and cannot do does not give me a leg up on everything because I have some damn stupid habits just like anyone else just behaving for the comfort things. I can get rid of most of them if I really want to, but its just not that big a deal for most of my habits, its really not gonna make any difference either way

I realize this.)
    It's not fully fair for me to call your occupation into question. You may be able to navigate science in your profession well enough.

I'm just noting how you're uva throwing those simple principles out the window here. Maybe it's your version of turning the Spurs game off when you're losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    99% of Spurstalk posters wouldn't pass that test. Not even most of the hardcore liberal ones.
    Yep. I think that's why most the liberals here tend to dislike the more sensitive element of the SJW movement. "Cancelling" people or whatever for telling a joke that pokes fun at ethnic stereotypes is a waste of time. You probably couldn't get away with a fairly harmless joke like this today, where the black dudes are using an afro pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp crying like a pussy without even reading the link clearly spelled out in the OP. Begs to be spoon fed.

What is wrong with you?
    name calling. And gossiping

New shtick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need you to stop pretending that your contrivances make you a white knight. If you cannot directly explain how the dude's statement is racist, then you've shown that you're the real problem. You need to change your nasty habits and stop thinking that you're serving valor for being a .
    Yeah and you are the bad news guy to tell us how things really are.
    You are the guy to tell us how WE miss obvious stuff like 9-11 conspiracy that makes so much less sense and is so much more difficult to actually pull off.
    Dont start assessing role playing on this board or you will drown yourself.

Blacks and whites in jail and prison both have something in common that makes much more sense to me why they got where the are, rather than the color of their skin.
    And you dont have a clue what it is?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and you are the bad news guy to tell us how things really are.
    You are the guy to tell us how WE miss obvious stuff like 9-11 conspiracy that makes so much less sense and is so much more difficult to actually pull off.
    Dont start assessing role playing on this board or you will drown yourself.

Blacks and whites in jail and prison both have something in common that makes much more sense to me why they got where the are, rather than the color of their skin.
    And you dont have a clue what it is?
    Blather

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to par.

Sit down Mr. Dullard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i definitely wouldn't. theres a lot of i've posted here from just a few years ago that i'd be pretty embarrassed looking through at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i definitely wouldn't. theres a lot of i've posted here from just a few years ago that i'd be pretty embarrassed looking through at this point
    Which goes to show you that some of these Social Justice Warriors need to chill the out. You can't cancel somebody for they said 10 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which goes to show you that some of these Social Justice Warriors need to chill the out. You can't cancel somebody for they said 10 years ago.
    i think the "cancel" term has been grossly overused lately tbh, to the point where every boycott and even criticism is being called "cancelling"

but yeah, i dont think digging through years-old quotes like they did with James Gunn, for example, makes much sense. however, if somebody is an active political figure, i do think they have something of an obligation to own up to things they've said in the past and denounce their own words if there is content they claim no longer represents what they stand for

Thread Information