Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If
    @NBA
    is going to put social cause statements on uniforms, why not “Support our Troops” or “Back the Blue”? Or given how much $$
    @nba
    makes in #China, how about “Free Hong Kong”! Today I wrote to Adam Silver to ask for answers

https://twitter.com/HawleyMO/status/...188938241?s=20

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks do you need me to wipe away your tears?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right on.
    Calling out the NBAs pick and choose *Woke b.s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your non-politically correct inquiry will not be received happily in the NBA offices. They are responding to the players in fear of a complete revolt led by some major stars if they don't cave in to their demands.

This political movement (BLM) wrapped up in a moral issue favored by most folks nationwide is following a familiar pattern of most revolutions. It will recede as it eats its own and loses momentum with demands that turn people off. I don't think I will give up my "Master of Arts" degrees or sell my house with a "big bedroom"

Frankly, MY Life Matters to me more than yours. F.O.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Yeah I hear that every year.

White guys getting nervous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If
    @NBA
    is going to put social cause statements on uniforms, why not “Support our Troops” or “Back the Blue”? Or given how much $$
    @nba
    makes in #China, how about “Free Hong Kong”! Today I wrote to Adam Silver to ask for answers

hong kong

Give it up hong kong was lost forever and its all our fault

We tried to burn it a down and china said enough

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "back the blue"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron not doing anything on jersey. Interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron not doing anything on jersey. Interesting
    He has to protect his brand. They got that Space Jam 2 coming out and he has to be careful how many people he is willing to alienate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA players rally around ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski after reported suspension

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-pla...144325979.html

I thought pop said the NBA bubble had a chance to talk about social justice !
    Oh just not against the extreme left I see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN on Sunday suspended longtime reporter Adrian Wojnarowski after he replied to an email from Sen. Josh Hawley's press office questioning NBA commissioner Adam Silver and the league's relationship with China by writing, "F*** you."

The suspension will last two weeks.

Hawley, R-Mo., first tweeted Wojnarowski's response.

"Don't criticize #China or express support for law enforcement to @espn. It makes them real mad," Hawley tweeted along with a screen grab of the email.

ESPN called the behavior "completely unacceptable" and said it did not "condone it."

"It is inexcusable for anyone working for ESPN to respond in the way Adrian did to Sen. Hawley," the network said.

Wojnarowski apologized on Twitter.

"I was disrespectful and I made a regrettable mistake," he said.

"I'm sorry for the way I handled myself and I am reaching out immediately to Senator Hawley to apologize directly. I also need to apologize to my ESPN colleagues because I know my actions were unacceptable and should not reflect on any of them."

Hawley criticized the suspension and invited ESPN CEO Jimmy Pitaro to meet with him in Washington, D.C., to discuss "ESPN, China, the NBA."

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The 40-year-old Hawley, R-Mo., tweeted Friday: "If @NBA is going to put social cause statements on uniforms, why not “Support our Troops” or “Back the Blue”? Or given how much $$@nba makes in #China, how about “Free Hong Kong”! Today I wrote to Adam Silver to ask for answers."

Hawley added in the letter, "Let your players stand up for the people of Hong Kong. Let them stand up for American law enforcement if they choose. Give them the choice to write 'Back the Blue' on their jerseys. Or 'Support our Troops.' Maybe 'God Bless America.' What could be more American than that?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If
    @NBA
    @nba

dear god

what a ing you are

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually any vendor attached to NBA will not allow you to order any that says “Free Hong Kong”. The NBA is so WOKE just as long it doesn’t interfere with there 2 billion it is making with CCP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Criticized for Barring 'FreeHongKong' on Personalized Merchandise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how many idiots there are who thinks bringing up Hong Kong is a legit argument. Obviously Ducks is just par for the course, but it's crazy that people get elected into office while being that stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the nba get on rockets for it ?
    Why is pop silent on it !
    Oh that is right NBA 2 billion contract can not touch his pocketbook!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how many idiots there are who thinks bringing up Hong Kong is a legit argument. Obviously Ducks is just par for the course, but it's crazy that people get elected into office while being that stupid.
    Those same people would be up in arms (probably literally) if America just flocked to champion every social justice cause that is happening in the world.

If Hong Kong is obviously such a hot topic, I guess we should be helping out Mexico with the cartels, too...and Brazil with Agrarian violence....and North Korea with an oppressive dictatorship...and the Middle-East with the Israeli–Palestinian conflict....the list goes on and on.

We can't even keep sorted out on our own soil, so maybe we focus on that first...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol @ these hollow 'statements' from athletes. Open your damn check book and write a huge check somewhere if you really care about a cause...any cause. And here's a novel concept -- don't tell anyone what you did. That means it came from the heart and you aren't seeking recognition for it.

Sports in 2020 is shot. Getting less and less interested in this NBA restart. This is DVR material; even the NBA finals. Fast forward all the kneeling and bullcrap demonstrations and get to the actual compe ion which is what people care about with sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those same people would be up in arms (probably literally) if America just flocked to champion every social justice cause that is happening in the world.

If Hong Kong is obviously such a hot topic, I guess we should be helping out Mexico with the cartels, too...and Brazil with Agrarian violence....and North Korea with an oppressive dictatorship...and the Middle-East with the Israeli–Palestinian conflict....the list goes on and on.

We can't even keep sorted out on our own soil, so maybe we focus on that first...
    Most of those mentioned burn our flag while the Hong Kong people wave our flag with joy.

I'd love to trade all you USA hating s bags for those in hong kong any day of the week!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ these hollow 'statements' from athletes. Open your damn check book and write a huge check somewhere if you really care about a cause...any cause. And here's a novel concept -- don't tell anyone what you did. That means it came from the heart and you aren't seeking recognition for it.

Sports in 2020 is shot. Getting less and less interested in this NBA restart. This is DVR material; even the NBA finals. Fast forward all the kneeling and bullcrap demonstrations and get to the actual compe ion which is what people care about with sports.

I'm over it all tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, I think people point it out not because they specifically are sympathetic to China, but because it is a good example of hypocrisy. If the NBA players didn't say anything about China, then maybe they wouldn't be called out for their obvious business interest in staying silent. But because they were up in arms about Morey's tweet, it showed that they are okay with certain kinds of oppression if it allows them to pocket millions. The reason why China is brought up, and not North Korea, is because the NBA players were up in arms not about Chinese oppression, but about how speaking out against it hurt their $$$.

Thread Information