Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s in charge.
    So you think Trump called Comey and said, "Yo bro; I'm gonna need you to send about 150 SWAT to Stone's house at six in the morning. And make sure that CNN is there to capture it all."

Dip

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe that nobody (media) is pointing out the obvious, that Mitt is banking on the inevitable turn to "Trump was " by the Republican base after he's ousted in November, and lining up a 2024 run on a "heal the country" narrative. Will probably pick Cheney Jr. to solidify the warmongers.
    Mitt bad again already?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe that nobody (media) is pointing out the obvious, that Mitt is banking on the inevitable turn to "Trump was " by the Republican base after he's ousted in November, and lining up a 2024 run on a "heal the country" narrative. Will probably pick Cheney Jr. to solidify the warmongers.
    Meh, I don't see Mitt's running at 77. Throwing grenades at this point alienates most of the current Republican base. If any other GOP officeholder thought he could benefit from it, it would've happened already.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I don't see Mitt's running at 77. Throwing grenades at this point alienates most of the current Republican base. If any other GOP officeholder thought he could benefit from it, it would've happened already.
    2008 was his best chance. Huckabee did a hit job on him.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A moderate Republican cannot win a Presidential election. If the GOP alienates Trump's MAGA cult, they don't have the votes. They're stuck pandering to them for the foreseeable future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A moderate Republican cannot win a Presidential election. If the GOP alienates Trump's MAGA cult, they don't have the votes. They're stuck pandering to them for the foreseeable future.
    Meh. These neanderthals have no bearings. They'll embrace Romney like he's their underroo savior and the Dem bench is terribly weak, allowing him to break off "Suburban Moms"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. These neanderthals have no bearings. They'll embrace Romney like he's their underroo savior and the Dem bench is terribly weak, allowing him to break off "Suburban Moms"
    Pretty much. You could run Bloomberg for the GOP next election, they'll praise how his soda ban was an edict from God, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. You could run Bloomberg for the GOP next election, they'll praise how his soda ban was an edict from God, etc.
    fat kids need loving too

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Willard does plenty by himself to placate the neocons.

You might be right but I don’t see it working. He’s a Mormon and he might as well stamp “establishment” across his head. The Republican base isn’t going to go back to supporting a milquetoast corporatist anytime soon, that train left the tracks.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You might be right but I don’t see it working. He’s a Mormon and he might as well stamp “establishment” across his head. The Republican base isn’t going to go back to supporting a milquetoast corporatist anytime soon, that train left the tracks.
    Not saying it'll be Romney; but that's exactly what they're going back to in 2024. It's what they were going to get in 2016 if Trump hadn't came along. It's what both party's nomination processes are designed to produce, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's the "return to the mean" effect. To think the Repug base can't embrace the new most shiny object is insane. Romney is the perfect vehicle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think Trump called Comey and said, "Yo bro; I'm gonna need you to send about 150 SWAT to Stone's house at six in the morning. And make sure that CNN is there to capture it all."

Dip
    Comey was fired in 2017. Roger Stone raid was in 2019. You are dumb as f*ck.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the "return to the mean" effect. To think the Repug base can't embrace the new most shiny object is insane. Romney is the perfect vehicle
    I don't know if I buy the Repubs won't get behind him because he's Mormon argument. I guess there's some cir stantial evidence though.
    But at this point I would think he's burned too many bridges. It was the same with McCain in 2012 (not that he planned on running). Romney has played the crying Democrat post-election, and too many voters have taken notice. It'd be a tough sell. I don't know how he'd effectively go right at this point and make people forget that he's been a bag.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comey was fired in 2017. Roger Stone raid was in 2019. You are dumb as f*ck.
    Wo is me. I'm not keeping strong enough track of who's doing these witch hunts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will not vote for mitt or ted Cruz for president

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wo is me. I'm not keeping strong enough track of who's doing these witch hunts.
    Because there aren’t any witch hunts. Trump has fooled your dumb ass silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama's record should be brought out about now. Didn't he let over 1700 prisoners go free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because there aren’t any witch hunts. Trump has fooled your dumb ass silly.
    Three years on the Russian hoax says otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll pull back in some of the Lincoln Project types but I don't see Trump loyalists embracing a Trump enemy. The MAGA s I'm thinking of weren't necessarily Republicans before Trump. There's enough of them that would stay home if it was Romney vs Dem, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with politics now is that the boomers are getting too old and fragile to be a voice, so the younger generations are the target audiences. These people need someone who gets their attention. It's really hard to muster that by pushing one lifer after another in front of them like a musical wheel of death food machine just trying to pick that one tuna fish sandwich you hope isn't soggy as . Trump is different, chaotic and unpredictable (unless you already figured out he's a sucker for compliments and will troll at every opportunity). He might enrage plenty, but he's at least interesting and fun to hate for many. Who is the one the dems think will excite the voter base or do they think the hate for Trump will mean anyone gets elected they push forward? Joe Biden a few years ago could have beaten Trump. Not sure now. I don't know if he can muster the "I am not Obama but I worked with him" energy needed to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with politics now is that the boomers are getting too old and fragile to be a voice, so the younger generations are the target audiences. These people need someone who gets their attention. It's really hard to muster that by pushing one lifer after another in front of them like a musical wheel of death food machine just trying to pick that one tuna fish sandwich you hope isn't soggy as . Trump is different, chaotic and unpredictable (unless you already figured out he's a sucker for compliments and will troll at every opportunity). He might enrage plenty, but he's at least interesting and fun to hate for many. Who is the one the dems think will excite the voter base or do they think the hate for Trump will mean anyone gets elected they push forward? Joe Biden a few years ago could have beaten Trump. Not sure now. I don't know if he can muster the "I am not Obama but I worked with him" energy needed to win.
    I 100% agree with this. That's why the VP pick is extremely important in more ways than one. Old Joe needs a Sarah Palin type of attention , without the embedded stupidity.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't know if I buy the Repubs won't get behind him because he's Mormon argument. I guess there's some cir stantial evidence though.
    But at this point I would think he's burned too many bridges. It was the same with McCain in 2012 (not that he planned on running). Romney has played the crying Democrat post-election, and too many voters have taken notice. It'd be a tough sell. I don't know how he'd effectively go right at this point and make people forget that he's been a bag.
    Regarding the Mormon stuff, I should clarify that it might not stop him from getting support from most Republicans, but it prevents him from getting enough enthusiasm from the base to win a general election. He didn’t have the fervent evangelical support in 2012 that most Republican candidates get.

I agree with the rest though, Romney has burned too many bridges within the party. Someone like Tom Cotton will have a lot more appeal across the GOP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be Cotton or that eyepatch lunatic from Houston.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It'll be Cotton or that eyepatch lunatic from Houston.
    just reminded me of all the snowflakes who cried about eyepatch jokes when he got elected

EDIT: Eyepatch lunatic was apparently born in Scotland so don’t think he can run

Thread Information