Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As worldly and educated as I am, I was shocked to find that most eggs for consumers are not fertile. So you're not killing baby chickens to have omelettes.
    I do get that BigFood stores hens is pretty de able conditions. But do vegans have a problem with an individuals having hens that just lay infertile eggs? We have some friends that have a few hens and they're certainly not mistreated.
    They're laying these eggs that aren't going to turn into anything. What's the vegans problem with this? If there is one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Vegans are against the use of any animal products for any purpose. That’s why eggs are out, along with milk and cheese and butter, wool, leather, etc.

Vegetarians are another story, i think a lot of them do eat eggs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Vegans are against the use of any animal products, that’s why eggs are out, along with milk and cheese and butter, wool, leather, etc.

Right...but one of the main aspects of veganism is to avoid cruelty to animals. So if you have hens that lay infertile eggs, is there anything cruel about eating those eggs?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Vegans are against the use of any animal products for any purpose. That’s why eggs are out, along with milk and cheese and butter, wool, leather, etc.

Leather sandwiches on whole wool bread, now that sounds like a heckuva lunch

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Right...but one of the main aspects of veganism is to avoid cruelty to animals. So if you have hens that lay infertile eggs, is there anything cruel about eating those eggs?
    Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals.
    They think animals shouldn’t be “used” by humans for anything. They even think riding a horse is unethical. I’m not sayin it makes sense, just that’s their philosophy.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They think animals shouldn’t be “used” by humans for anything. They even think riding a horse is unethical. I’m not sayin it makes sense, just that’s their philosophy.
    I mean...what if I liked to eat dog poop. I have a dog that I take good care of and then go out and eat his poop. How is that different that eating a chicken egg that isn't going to turn into anything?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I've got a pet chicken that lays infertile eggs. But I can't eat them.
    And I've got a dog that poops and I can eat that.

#sfsparadox

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    pity post

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean...what if I liked to eat dog poop. I have a dog that I take good care of and then go out and eat his poop. How is that different that eating a chicken egg that isn't going to turn into anything?
    There's a taco cabana near you I'd bet

Thread Information