Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you are still running on the concept that lagged deaths of months are being placed into those projections.wjoever made that chart doesn't understand simple math
    Nothing is being projected in this graph, dumbass.

And show your math.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And show your math.
    Lol the whole concept is a projection using inaccurate data. But continue to prove your ignorance

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was your stupid refutation.

I mean . How do you even infer that.

THE RED LINE ARE DEATHS THAT OCCURRED IN THE REAL IN' WORLD AND REPRESENT HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED OVER THAT TIME PERIOD VS. HOW MANY PEOPLE USUALLY DIE OVER THAT TIME PERIOD. 6000 MORE PEOPLE DIED IN TEXAS THAN USUAL.

I'll say again without caps.

6000 more people, yes, real people, died from April to June than what is normal. 2000 from Covid and 4000 from pneumonia. Meaning Covid is being undercounted. That's it. Why is this so damn hard for you to grasp?
    The red line is not actual deaths (it's an advanced metric that is not even close to being actual deaths). It's not even labeled as such. I could go back and refigure out what exactly it is. But the fact that you haven't figured that out yet either means you're too stupid or too lazy to know or option three, you're too phony to even admit that at this point. Since you don't strike me as that lazy or that stupid, I feel for you that you're actually this prideful. It's a bad trait that'll not serve you well in life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That hamster wheel is spinning, but you'll never understand.

I said Texas likely has more Covid deaths than reported. https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10191763

Alright, time to explain this in' graph so even a 5 year old or conspira can grasp it.

Let's see what he does with this ChumpDumper
    lol saying conspira while presenting your own conspira theory

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To what do you attribute the rest of the excess deaths?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the dead children that drank themselves to death during school lockdowns

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about covid cases/deaths?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about covid cases/deaths?
    I don't think they've been lying. I think Texas reports only a certain subset of COVID deaths which is almost assuredly not the total. I don't believe it is inherently dishonest but I also don't believe the number represents the entire picture.

Now that we've gotten your asinine straw man out of the way, you can answer my question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they've been lying. I think Texas reports only a certain subset of COVID deaths which is almost assuredly not the total. I don't believe it is inherently dishonest but I also don't believe the number represents the entire picture.
    Unless you believe those excess covid deaths were people who just sat at home and died without ever reaching out for healthcare then you have to believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about how many covid cases they have been seeing.

I don't have a conspiracy theory.

Why don't you or midnight just fully explain your conspiracy theory. Do you two believe these excess covid cases were avoiding the healthcare system? Or are healthcare workers covering up these cases? Deliberately misdiagnosing them?

It's fine you have a conspiracy theory to counter the right wing conspiracy theorists but at least own it enough to explain the who, what, and why like they do. I'm open to hearing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't an explanation of the unusual e, stupid mother er.

You can do so much better than this stupid handwavy-dismissal. Yet you don't.

Propose an alternate hypothesis and support it with some evidence, or prove you are, indeed, a stupid mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you believe those excess covid deaths were people who just sat at home and died without ever reaching out for healthcare then you have to believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about how many covid cases they have been seeing.
    I do indeed believe that many people died without "reaching out" for healthcare. This is Texas. I could think of several reasons people in Texas would not "reach out" for health care.

Why don't you or midnight just fully explain your conspiracy theory. Do you two believe these excess covid cases were avoiding the healthcare system? Or are healthcare workers covering up these cases? Deliberately misdiagnosing them?

It's fine you have a conspiracy theory to counter the right wing conspiracy theorists but at least own it enough to explain the who, what, and why like they do. I'm open to hearing it.
    So you have no explanation at all for any of the other excess deaths.

I think that many of the other excess deaths are actually COVID deaths that are not reported because of a completely understandable choice by the state of Texas.

That's it.

It's not a conspiracy theory.

I have no idea why Texans like you are getting so defensive talking about COVID in Texas when they had no problem talking about every single aspect of COVID in other states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How about this:

Things that can't be 100% confirmed COVID are, simply by default, not called COVID. You have set up a false dichotomy of "they were either avoiding the healthcare system, or healthcare workers were deliberately misreporting deaths"

How have you eliminated simple honest omission or uncertainty?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-14-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: first rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe that many people died without "reaching out" for healthcare. This is Texas.

So you have no explanation at all for any of the other excess deaths.

I think that many of the other excess deaths are actually COVID deaths that are not reported because of a completely understandable choice by the state of Texas.

That's it.

It's not a conspiracy theory.

I have no idea why Texans like you are getting so defensive talking about COVID in Texas when they had no problem talking about every single aspect of COVID in other states.
    All those liberals are dying to make Trump and Republicans look bad. That is his conspiracy theory. ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this:

Things that can't be 100% confirmed COVID are, simply by default, not called COVID. You have set up a false dichotomy of "they were either avoiding the healthcare system, or healthcare workers were deliberately misreporting deaths"

How has your stupid ass eliminated simple honest omission or uncertainty?
    As far as I can tell, Texas ST Trump supporters are getting upset that the situation got worse here and don't want to talk about it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That hamster wheel is spinning, but you'll never understand.

I said Texas likely has more Covid deaths than reported. https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10191763

Alright, time to explain this in' graph so even a 5 year old or conspira can grasp it.

Let's see what he does with this ChumpDumper
    What link did you get this expanded version from? Are these explanations even official?

Imagur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those liberals are dying to make Trump and Republicans look bad. That is his conspiracy theory. ???
    It's better for their narratives if people in blue states suffer?

I really have no idea what it is, but they're all getting really pissy about discussing COVID in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is lying. Some states have policies that will only count confirmed covid deaths via a test. Is there perhaps some political reason for this? Maybe. Itll make governors look as if they've done a better job containing the outbreak than they really did. Not red/blue thing either. California seems to be following the same process

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The red line is not actual deaths (it's an advanced metric that is not even close to being actual deaths). It's not even labeled as such. I could go back and refigure out what exactly it is. But the fact that you haven't figured that out yet either means you're too stupid or too lazy to know or option three, you're too phony to even admit that at this point. Since you don't strike me as that lazy or that stupid, I feel for you that you're actually this prideful. It's a bad trait that'll not serve you well in life.
    Lol. The red line is actual deaths. Just stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What link did you get this expanded version from? Are these explanations even official?

Imagur
    I wrote those in a vain effort to help you understand the graph.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called out.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. The red line is actual deaths. Just stop.
    Cos I posted an image saying it's so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And show your math.
    His response will be to retreat behind the "L" "O" and "H" "A" keys. A less sophisticated hand waving than Snakeboy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think you're calling him out on?

He obviously annotated the graph in an attempt to help you understand it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cos I posted an image saying it's so.
    He posted the source of the data, you nitwit. That part wasn't made up, unless the Trump administration is lying.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing chowder head. I even listed what it is according to the CDC and you ing stomped your feet and cried out nuh uh and went to the trouble
    of trying to make an image that supposes to validate your failure.

Excess deaths are calculated by subtracting the expected number of deaths from the observed number of deaths.
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/potent...ess_deaths.htm

So that red line is not actual deaths, it's how much their projection was off.
    TheGreatYacht

Thread Information