Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The information bubble created by the internet has made this condition much, much worse. You usually had a hope to "deprogram" a conspiracy theorist with rationality and such. Like if you met a flat earther in the 80s. You might ask, "okay, show me the evidence. A study. Something." They really wouldn't have anything to show you aside from opinion. Perhaps they'd reflect on this and eventually rejoin rational thinking.

Now they can just google or youtube "evidence" from conspiracy sites of their claims.
    there is also some compulsion to be out ahead of the so-called sheep.
    The likelihood of anyone on this board making some discovery about government, a sports team, science, a new math is about nil. Firstly we are not reporters to be on hand to witness anything, and secondly there just aren’t enough of us to do anything noteworthy for the rest of society (Noteworthy enough that the rest of society benefits from knowing what we found).

so the next best thing is to be ahead of the rest (like our stock market and gold experts on this site) One way to accomplish this is to take the mundane (The earth is round) and challenge it. Some perceive this makes them instantly special, above the rest.

The proper way to challenge is to make them justify their new take. Ask questions and eventually one finds that their beliefs become quite bizarre and unlikely. Chumper does this all the time. This method can be fairly exhausting. And usually results in the all knowing one to tap out. Then they go on to their next golden nugget of information. Then return to the old bizarre theory and propose it again.
    Or you (Mid) might put up a quite long, complete explanation again and we recycle.

imo we have some very insecure posters that want to be noticed and they want to be correct. Well that becomes very difficult when you take a very bizarre theory to explain some thing that has a much easier explanation. And then you cannot admit any sort of mistake and must overlook any new information that does not fit your theory. And that information will show up because their theory is very unlikely to begin with.

There are also some posters who realize their stance or take has not been well thought out, or new evidence emerges and then they are purposely disingenuous in order to reestablish their perceived lofty message board status.

we don’t see enough “I was wrong” or “this new evidence changes my thoughts on the matter, thanks for bringing it up”. The new evidence is now a mess because any space cadet can fashion a NewTube with differing hogwash evidence to become popular with the insecure.

so, CALLED IT ... it’s like a shot of dopamine I guess

tldr
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-15-2020 at 10:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can hide in the herd all you want. Lite admitted you were wrong until he found out that he was siding with me and not you.

Excess deaths and actual deaths are the same thing

Look in the mirror, buddy.
    Who is Lite? Ping him and we can ask if him he thought I was wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, 100%. Came to that conclusion during the 9-11 Twoof Wars of '06-'09, and the Fake Moon Landings campaign that is still being fought today, ten years after its founding.

Hard to argue with insanity.
    Lolololl

Its good for you. No more terrible logic or math computation.

Lol you said all of texas would be over capacity by July 13.

Wrong

Lololoo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This can't undercut hospitals reporting to the state, which in turns shows up in public reports for all of us to see. CDC gets that data afterward. My guess is why Lord Trump wants to control the data flow here (he won't be able to cover up confirmed deaths, since those will be reported to the state) is to manipulate the excess death tally. My gut tells me we're probably undercounting by 30-50K.

This will show up eventually in the CDC's excess death data when all the death certificates are process in the following weeks. Knowing how his simple brain works, he really, really wants to keep the confirmed death below 200K to use as a campaign brag, "Here the experts were telling us 200K or more deaths and we beat that goal!" A report coming out that the US suffered 250K excess deaths or whatever from the start of the pandemic to October or something would call into question his narrative.
    Eyup. We are in absolute agreement on that point. The smart ones like Snakeboy know that, even if they aren't honest enough to admit that. The alarming strategy of trying to undercut Fauci at this point is a losing battle. They just aren't smart enough, or trusted enough to win that one. Scary that they think they have to.

"explain the e" Republicans are going to take some hits from trying to be dishonest about it, I hope. It is plain to ME at least, but let's hope the case is made easy to the uninformed middle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The information bubble created by the internet has made this condition much, much worse. You usually had a hope to "deprogram" a conspiracy theorist with rationality and such. Like if you met a flat earther in the 80s. You might ask, "okay, show me the evidence. A study. Something." They really wouldn't have anything to show you aside from opinion. Perhaps they'd reflect on this and eventually rejoin rational thinking.

Now they can just google or youtube "evidence" from conspiracy sites of their claims.
    Eyup. They do exactly what they do here, point to a ing yootoob as "evidence", then ignore anything and everything you post that shreds it, then pivot to the next yootoob. It takes vastly more time/effort to debunk this than it does to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "hospitals reporting to the state, which in turns shows up in public reports"

... Desantis/FL has already demonstrated that the "state" will distort, hide the data to fit the politics.

I expect other red/Confederate states to be pressured by Trash to hide pandemic data

"Flooding the zone with " so NOBODY knows WTF is happening, nobody trusts anybody or anything, everything is "fake news", into which confusion and doubt rightwing politicians present themselves as the sole source of truth (political truthiness)

You are more right than many would like to admit.

The more they try to cover it up, the worse the stink when it comes out, and it will come out. You can't really do coverups of like that these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A dramatization of derp's understanding of this graph over time.

ROFL. Eyup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Explain "Jimmer" then. There can't possible a dedicated sub-reddit to ing Jimmer, can there?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. We are in absolute agreement on that point. The smart ones like Snakeboy know that, even if they aren't honest enough to admit that. The alarming strategy of trying to undercut Fauci at this point is a losing battle. They just aren't smart enough, or trusted enough to win that one. Scary that they think they have to.

"explain the e" Republicans are going to take some hits from trying to be dishonest about it, I hope. It is plain to ME at least, but let's hope the case is made easy to the uninformed middle.
    bwahahahahhahah its plain to a guy who can't understand ifr less than flu

LoloIololol

Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain "Jimmer" then. There can't possible a dedicated sub-reddit to ing Jimmer, can there?
    Rule 35:

If it exists, there is a sub-reddit for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bwahahahahhahah its plain to a guy who can't understand ifr less than flu

LoloIololol

Wrong
    Shw your math

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Investigations revealed massive internal bleeding as a result of stomach rupture from eating too much brisket. Suicide was confirmed as the manner of death
    mid, it's happening

https://www.reddit.com/r/Charlottesv..._do_you_think/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolo you posting about covid after you didnt know how cases and deaths were recorded. That is sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Despite a bar shutdown order by Gov. Greg Abbott due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several North Texas bars plan to open on Saturday.

It’s part of an event called Freedom Fest and bar owners are willing to risk losing their liquor license to make a point.

The owners of G Willickers Pub in Arlington say they will open in defiance of Gov. Greg Abbott’s order.

They say the order is unfair and that cases of COVID-19 did not go down when bars were shut down again in June....

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/24/...irus-pandemic/

This should go well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Despite a bar shutdown order by Gov. Greg Abbott due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several North Texas bars plan to open on Saturday.

It’s part of an event called Freedom Fest and bar owners are willing to risk losing their liquor license to make a point.

The owners of G Willickers Pub in Arlington say they will open in defiance of Gov. Greg Abbott’s order.

They say the order is unfair and that cases of COVID-19 did not go down when bars were shut down again in June....

Abbott getting some free-enterprise, pro-business Freedumb pushed back in his face.

Will he stand for it, or take it sitting down?

And what about the 30? HOU bar owners who sued Abbott?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're going to bail out Wall Street to point of straight up buying corporate bonds and monetizing debt, why not bail out bars and restaurants -- the whole entertainment sector?

A bar bailout isn't a totally crazy idea in the context of 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno, is the future of drinking an Amazon package left at the front door?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In a hopeful day in Texas’ battle to contain the novel coronavirus Saturday, new cases decreased from Friday’s number by more than 1,000 and the state’s rolling average of new cases dropped for the sixth straight day.

The statewide total went from 379,257 cases to 386,196, an increase of 6,939, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis. Friday’s increase, by comparison, was 7,995...."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-15434578.php

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per cdc data

25 to 54 age demo make up 6 percent of covid. Risk of covid pneumonia death in that age is historically 6.3 percent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

Thread Information