Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we have the highest standard of living, that's why.
    by what measure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we have the highest standard of living, that's why. American poverty is still better than something like 5-6 billion people elsewhere.

Despite the deaths, these challenges can only help give Muricans perspective and help them understand how good our lives our.

People crying this place is unliveable let their First World Privilege show.
    Dumb logic. A dirty, festering, smelling toilet with indoor plumbing is still better than having to take a in an outhouse every day, but when the smell of that dirty, festering toilet becomes overwhelming, do you say, "At least I have indoor plumbing! Think of all the poors that have to in a river in India." Or do you clean the in' toilet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His imagination. Our standard is of course first world, but it's not optimal first world and is exceeded by the standards of many Euro and Asian countries. But Americans would rather spout love it or leave it bull or deflect with, "At least we're not Nigeria!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb logic. A dirty, festering, smelling toilet with indoor plumbing is still better than having to take a in an outhouse every day, but when the smell of that dirty, festering toilet becomes overwhelming, do you say, "At least I have indoor plumbing! Think of all the poors that have to in a river in India." Or do you clean the in' toilet?
    everybody who complained about obama making things bad and needing trump to make things great again was just whiny en led privileged people who didnt appreciate how well they have it here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody who complained about obama making things bad and needing trump to make things great again was just whiny en led privileged people who didnt appreciate how well they have it here!
    The issue stems from our collective ego, that is primarily manifest in Conservative Americans. They just do not want to admit that other countries have figured out a few things we could learn from. It's the American Way or the highway with these types.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You libs need to get some perspective and look at the bright side.

In just a few months Sleepy Joe will make you feel proud to be an American again if he wins. If he loses you get years of feeling optimistic about the Bernie 2024 revolution while Trump makes America great again again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You libs need to get some perspective and look at the bright side.

In just a few months Sleepy Joe will make you feel proud to be an American again if he wins. If he loses you get years of feeling optimistic about the Bernie 2024 revolution while Trump makes America great again again.
    This is the core problem with American politics today, You constantly frame it as team vs. team like it's some sports matchup. It has nothing to do with "Orange Man Bad." When this pandemic first started, all the Libs here said they would take 4 more years of Trump if he could step up to the plate and solve this problem. And what did he do? He and his propaganda arm (Fox News) downplayed the virus, implied it was a Dem hoax, etc, etc. Then when Trump finally started to take it a bit seriously, he started tweeting "Liberate Michigan!" "Liberate Minnesota" as those governors were following the CORRECT method to curb the spread.

After that, anti-lockdown protests started popping up all over the country and, like always, the whiny minority voice won out. "But we couldn't stay locked down forever!"

The formula is pretty clear on how to stop/mitigate a pandemic. You lockdown for about 2 months to smash the R0 factor, you phase reopenings, set up a test and trace program, and you mask up. EVERY successful country has followed this formula. And they've managed to also mitigate the economic damage. All Trump had to do was that and he'd be cruising to reelection. But he and his base didn't have the patience.

This kind of incompetence shouldn't be rewarded with another term. No clue how the "base" will still march through corona to vote for this . Oh, I know why. Because all that matters is getting a "win" vs. liberals. That's the base's raison d'etre. "Owning the libs."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we have the highest standard of living, that's why. American poverty is still better than something like 5-6 billion people elsewhere.

Despite the deaths, these challenges can only help give Muricans perspective and help them understand how good our lives our.

People crying this place is unliveable let their First World Privilege show.
    That's such bull .

I'm a third World country middle class man, and I know for a fact I have a better standard of living than all of poor Americans. And probably a better life than most American middle class people too.

I work 6 hours per day tops from monday to friday. I never work saturdays, sundays nor holidays and I get 2 and a half months vacations. I get healthcare, free education for me or my children (if I ever decide to have some). I have a city house and a beach one, a car and a quad bike. I play soccer and tennis twice a week each, I have barbacues with my friends three times a week and I go out every weekend.

Many middle class Americans probably earn more than me, but I doubt they enjoy life as much as I do. I work for a living, I don't live to work. I'm lucky as and I wouldn't change my life for anything in the World. And the kicker is, you would be surprised how many more people are in the same position as me in this hole third World country of mine.

If a non-exceptional dude from a third World country like me can have it pretty decent, imagine the non-exceptional dudes from countries like Norways, Sweden, Spain, Australia, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's such bull .

I'm a third World country middle class man, and I know for a fact I have a better standard of living than all of poor Americans. And probably a better life than most American middle class people too.

I work 6 hours per day tops from monday to friday. I never work saturdays, sundays nor holidays and I get 2 and a half months vacations. I get healthcare, free education for me or my children (if I ever decide to have some). I have a city house and a beach one, a car and a quad bike. I play soccer and tennis twice a week each, I have barbacues with my friends three times a week and I go out every weekend.

Many middle class Americans probably earn more than me, but I doubt they enjoy life as much as I do. I work for a living, I don't live to work. I'm lucky as and I wouldn't change my life for anything in the World. And the kicker is, you would be surprised how many more people are in the same position as me in this hole third World country of mine.

If a non-exceptional dude from a third World country like me can have it pretty decent, imagine the non-exceptional dudes from countries like Norways, Sweden, Spain, Australia, etc.

TL; DR. You're too stupid to understand the ending of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

There is absolutely zero merit in what you have to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So...where do you live?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His imagination. Our standard is of course first world, but it's not optimal first world and is exceeded by the standards of many Euro and Asian countries. But Americans would rather spout love it or leave it bull or deflect with, "At least we're not Nigeria!"

Sorry, but all I am hearing is denial. It's going to be subjective for most. But I doubt if I said, "hey, would you trade places with someone in a 3rd world country?" you're going to say "no".

Don't know you, don't care about you as much as I do the next. You don't either unless you can prove otherwise. Words are words.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If life is this bad in Murica, and it's fair to say if you felt this way today, you should have felt this way 10 years ago... WHAT is keeping you from leaving this 1st world paradise where everyone is allowed to say what they want, until it offends you?

Very, very, very few people I see here that can relate to dire and ty living standards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but all I am hearing is denial. It's going to be subjective for most. But I doubt if I said, "hey, would you trade places with someone in a 3rd world country?" you're going to say "no".
    Some of us lived there, tbh, I would ask 'who?'

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of us lived there, tbh, I would ask 'who?'

"Who" would be "most". I know you wouldn't bet on the under if a polygragh.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "move if it's so bad here" mantra is facile and disingenuous. Why move when you have the power, as difficult may be to implement, to change things where you live?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's about achieving international communism or one world government. Whichever nation refuses to participate in Jew World Order...well just look at what happened to Hitler and the Nazis. Them Zionists and Jewish supremacists control nations. Every host nation them parasites reside in, rest assured that they have dual loyalty to Israel. They put Israel's interest first over the host nation. They want Jerusalem to be the capital of the world. The rest of us Goyim (not koriwhat) will be their slaves. The dissenters will be slaughtered like what the Bolsheviks (Jews) did to the Christian Russians.
    You're still a ing idiot TheGreatRe .

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still a ing idiot TheGreatRe .
    Just say it. The only reason you hate me is cuz I on your grandfather's ancestral Jewish heritage. You hate anyone that doesn't like Zionism or Judaism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TL; DR. You're too stupid to understand the ending of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

There is absolutely zero merit in what you have to say.
    Dude, serious question: do you have some kind of autism or some like that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just say it. The only reason you hate me is cuz I on your grandfather's ancestral Jewish heritage. You hate anyone that doesn't like Zionism or Judaism.
    I don't even hate you. You're just a re ed YT extremist trying to pin me as some sort of Zionist or whatever the you fancy. You're so far off tbh and I could not care less if you talk about a man we both knew nothing about. I pity you and your conspiratorial insane mind.

Let me remind you one more time since you can't quite comprehend... I'm not jewish, I have no ties to that community, and I frankly don't think or care about your Zionist bull . True or not, I simply don't care you YT extremist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, serious question: do you have some kind of autism or some like that?
    Shhhhh he's a san fran fresa. Don't hurt his feelings or he'll get his panties in a wad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Who" would be "most". I know you wouldn't bet on the under if a polygragh.
    'most' I wouldn't trade. Plus, there's so many other pivot points, tbh... like I wouldn't mind living in select cities in Europe right now. Up and down is not the only direction to move, there's plenty of sideways.

Now, I do have family in a 3rd world country so I'm pretty sure I would pass that polygraph fairly easily, but I do admit to be a non-impartial person when it comes to this topic.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's such bull .

You clearly don't know how middle class Americans fair if you think they are doing better than you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly don't know how middle class Americans fair if you think they are doing better than you
    I have an idea. I think I told here the story about my horse worker cousin that went to live to the States and decided to come back because he was feeling like a slave.

If you want to start your own business and have a 1 in a million chance to become rich then the US is your place. If you are fine with living a middle class life without having to work 48hs per week for 11 and a half months, then you might be better off somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have an idea. I think I told here the story about my horse worker cousin that went to live to the States and decided to come back because he was feeling like a slave.

If you want to start your own business and have a 1 in a million chance to become rich then the US is your place. If you are fine with living a middle class life without having to work 48hs per week for 11 and a half months, then you might be better off somewhere else.
    This is anecdote though. Especially in Argentina. There's roughly 30% of people in poverty, largely no access to credit, and if you live outside one of the big 3-4 cities, job opportunities are seriously scarce.

Not to mention you're a slave to perennial violent crime, economic and political instability, etc. Plus, you're condemning yourself to a earnings ceiling. You just simply are never going to earn a 100,000+ USD salary there, unless you're an extremely corrupt politician or you're drug dealing.

And before you tell me why I talk about USD, you know the economy there is basically ruled by US dollars. Buying properties, raw materials, etc, all in USD. The peso and the constant inflation is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is anecdote though. Especially in Argentina. There's roughly 30% of people in poverty, largely no access to credit, and if you live outside one of the big 3-4 cities, job opportunities are seriously scarce.
    I don't live in any of the big 3-4 cities and the job opportunities are just fine, tbh. Sure, you will have to move to one of them if you want to become a professional football player, actor, journalist of an important company or something else in that sense, but for the rest you are fine. In fact, in my province you have some job opportunities that you won't find in any of the big cities, like, for example, a wide variety of oil related opportunities.

Not to mention you're a slave to perennial violent crime, economic and political instability, etc.
    I can't speak for Bs As, but the US is a whole lot more violent than the place I live in, tbh. No mass shootings here, no violent riots, no unmasked morons, etc.

Plus, you're condemning yourself to a earnings ceiling. You just simply are never going to earn a 100,000+ USD salary there, unless you're an extremely corrupt politician or you're drug dealing.
    I admitted as much. But when you are living a "more than you could have asked for" middle class life without having to feel like a modern times slave, what more do you need? If you are one those people who are never satisfied, sure, go to the US to work your ass off from monday to monday to try and pull the unlikely scenario of becoming rich. In reality though, the vast majority of the immigrants that move there end up living a middle class life (in the best of cir stances) having to work a lot more hours than in most places.

I know that you are one of those people that moved to the US and by the looks of it you have done pretty well for yourself there, but that's usually not the norm. Most of the immigrants that go in search of the "American dream" end up working 10 hs shifts doing dishes.

And before you tell me why I talk about USD, you know the economy there is basically ruled by US dollars. Buying properties, raw materials, etc, all in USD. The peso and the constant inflation is a joke.
    Sure, and with all of that I still wouldn't change it for anything. There are harder times and there are better ones, but at the end of the day you can have a pretty decent, not life consuming way of living here.

Thread Information