Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is a center imo. It'll probably be Gay/Poeltl at the 4 and 5. But that's another rotation spot off the bench for the young guys at least, fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is definitely a PF. Issue isn't that he doesn't play Lyles' position. It's that he sucks. A lot. Like he's clearly the worst player on the team.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that Poeltl isn't much of a scoring threat, I expect Gay to start at the 4. That and the almost complete lack of other options.

At this point I'm hoping for Murray/Walker/DeRozan/Gay/Poeltl as the starters, but knowing Pop he will find a way to get Forbes in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing we added that Plumsee guy not named Plumslee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we can expect to see Tyler Zeller starting in his place.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we can expect to see Tyler Zeller starting in his place.
    Zeller Time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that Poeltl isn't much of a scoring threat, I expect Gay to start at the 4. That and the almost complete lack of other options.

At this point I'm hoping for Murray/Walker/DeRozan/Gay/Poeltl as the starters, but knowing Pop he will find a way to get Forbes in there.
    Yeah, Gay and DMDR will get the bulk of PF minutes. Walker will get a lot of SF minutes. Forbes will probably start and play a lot of two-guard minutes.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Gay and DMDR will get the bulk of PF minutes. Walker will get a lot of SF minutes. Forbes will probably start and play a lot of two-guard minutes.
    So either Walker comes off the bench or DeRozan starts at PF?

Unfortunately you're probably right about Forbes. I had hoped White would take a lot of his minutes but if it didn't happen before the season was suspended there's no reason to believe it will happen now. Also, with two bigs out several players will have to shift up positions, opening up even more minutes at guard. I don't see Beli getting any minutes at the 2, for example.

Edit: that last part shows how little attention I was paying during the season. Beli's minutes were 19% SG, 71% SF, 10% PF according to bkref. Walker also played 80% of his minutes at SF.
    Last edited by Seventyniner; 07-16-2020 at 03:24 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes still starting?

Good luck.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    losing a big man to appendicitis, not covid?

ciapop zigging while the rest of the nba zags

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just an appendix. Two, three days and he should be back out there.

I once played a 30 game tournament with one of my legs missing and having to run up and down the court uphill, both ways, in the snow. Shake it off, Trey!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I once played a 30 game tournament with one of my legs missing and having to run up and down the court uphill, both ways, in the snow. Shake it off, Trey!
    Now that's what we need on this team 'try!'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poeltl plays well in PnR and there's no better player in that set on the team than White.

So not playing those two together is counterproductive. You almost either have to start White or put Poeltl on the second team to maximize their combined talents.

But then Poeltl will evidently get salty abt not starting so,you almost have to start White and Murray and DeRozan

Then have Walker and Johnson and Patty or Forbes play together.

So imo, your 1st team is: Murray, White, DeRozan, Gay, and Poeltl

2nd team is: Patty, Walker, Johnson, Metu/Samanic, Eubanks/Zeller

Third team/bench players: Quin, Forbes, Beli, and either of the PF and C not playing second team minutes.

Dear God that 3rd team....the defensive efficiency would be historically awful.

No wonder this team is on the outside of the playoffs looking in. All those defensive teams are just unsightly. The 1st team without LaMarcus is a clear step down.
    Last edited by offset formation; 07-16-2020 at 06:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

who was the player this year that missed like 2.5 months because of it? Thinking Utah...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true, if anything the injuries to LA/Lyles and the overall unlikelihood of making the playoffs means we'll get to see a lot of the young guns playing, which i am totally fine with. Just not going to be looking forward to SA getting dominated on the glass even more than usual
    keep dreaming. It only means Flopovich will play Forbes 40 minutes instead of 30

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't shock me one bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the break he had back to back 20pt games then back to back double figure games...he was really finding his grove n is a significant loss. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our best rebounder

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no the worst starting PF in the league isn't going to be there... now we will have to compete with the just the worst starting SG in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no the worst starting PF in the league isn't going to be there... now we will have to compete with the just the worst starting SG in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Dominique Wilkins is doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7pYFeDj3B/

Lyles got Lasik

Trey Lyles, Power Forward/Center for the San Antonio @spurs with Dr. Kerry Assil after EAGLE Vision LASIK! �� �� �� EagleVision®️ is the newest generation of LASIK surgery, developed at the Assil Eye Ins ute. After years in development we believe it offers the best outcome of any LASIK technology available today. @treylyles May you enjoy your new vision, in great health and happiness for many many years to come!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD4K53ypcJQ/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah the MVP is back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is a decent bench player but he is not a starting player I look at him at stop gate to Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey started bad in the league, but playing with our energetic young core could be good for him. It could be fun. He has the size, range, ball handling, assist. He just needs the motor that hopefully playing with the youngsters will rub on him.

Thread Information