Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, you can always tell when it's contract year they be putting in the work to get those Benjamin's.
    No one did that better than Bonzi Wells. You can look through his yearly stat lines, and easily pick out his contract years. He played at an All Star level two or three times, just never right AFTER signing a new contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles was balling before the season was suspended. He was money from 3. Reminded me of Boris tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles is the worst starting PF in the league.

You can argue if Bryn is worse but we still made the playoffs with Bryn in the starting lineup, putting two of the worst starters in the league was too much and this team and they crashed because of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    X Factor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks noticeably thinner (hopefully intentionally). That was a sweet jumper too! Should we start looking at him as a center now? He can rebound and defend competently against most teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Lyles has been part of the mini-camps as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is in the minicamp per Jeff Garcia

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see him find his place, and finally live up to his potential. Some guys grow up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see him find his place, and finally live up to his potential. Some guys grow up.
    This.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to have found a home in SA, at least compared to his other stops. I see him as a young complementary piece with interesting skills. I’m not sure about all the hate against him. I would hate if they overpaid him but that’s about it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to have found a home in SA, at least compared to his other stops. I see him as a young complementary piece with interesting skills. I’m not sure about all the hate against him. I would hate if they overpaid him but that’s about it.
    I also think Lyles has a good skillset for his position to balance the roster. But he will need to improve to be worth keeping around after this season. He's young enough that such improvement is certainly possible, here's hoping that he does so.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think Lyles has a good skillset for his position to balance the roster. But he will need to improve to be worth keeping around after this season. He's young enough that such improvement is certainly possible, here's hoping that he does so.

Lyles was a highly rated recruit out of high school, but he went to a loaded Kentucky team. (That team put 4 players in the lottery in that draft.) Because they had Karl Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein who were both upperclassmen, Lyles got moved to SF which he wasn't really suited for. Then he declared for the draft after on year, when he should have stayed for a second season at Kentucky. He was young and had an at ude, and was drafted by Utah where he didn't want to be. It was a perfect storm for his immaturity. He chucked, he refused to play defense, and he pouted.

This year he showed a willingness to do what the team required, for the first time in his career. I think it was obvious that Pop liked what he saw. If Lyles worked this offseason, and keeps that at ude, he's going to be on the roster this year without question. If he's really grown up, he could be here more years after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really hate, he's just not a starter. All starting PFs in the NBA are way better players than him. I also think he's found a home on the Spurs and he's young enough to where he fits with the young core. He also still has some upside to his game. But if we keep him he has to come off the bench and if you got him and Rudy you gotta pick one and try to sign a real starter at the PF position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles can easily be our Bonner replacement. He just shouldn’t start.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner needs a replacement?

What did Bonner do that was so important that it needs to be replaced?

round and round ...round and round...

He was a solid 3rd stringer. Came out hit 3’s and the crowd would go wild.

The Spurs have much bigger issues than Lyles. Let’s focus on those first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rebuild/ing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the bench stretch 5. That's trey right now. I like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pencil him in for next year's rotations. He sounds confident in coming back to the Spurs by posting this with #gospursgo

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pencil him in for next year's rotations. He sounds confident in coming back to the Spurs by posting this with #gospursgo
    iirc his deal is non-guaranteed for next season. When do the Spurs have to decide on him?

Right now he will definitely get minutes at the 4, and might keep starting if the team doesn't have a better option; he wouldn't have started over Morris for example.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc his deal is non-guaranteed for next season. When do the Spurs have to decide on him?

Right now he will definitely get minutes at the 4, and might keep starting if the team doesn't have a better option; he wouldn't have started over Morris for example.
    If the Spurs pick a PF for their 11th pick the start of the season will probably have Lyles starting. As the season goes on though I think it will change to:

Murray
    White
    DeRozan
    Smith/Achiuwa
    Aldridge

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs pick a PF for their 11th pick the start of the season will probably have Lyles starting. As the season goes on though I think it will change to:

Murray
    White
    DeRozan
    Smith/Achiuwa
    Aldridge
    Possibly Samanic instead of the 2020 rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After they exercise the option and resign him for the minimum? Anything else is either stupidity or insanity.

This guy is and always will be a BUM and the only reason you have any interest is because he happened to be picked "in the lottery" in one of the weakest drafts in the last 3 decades.
    I personally don't care whether he is or isn't on the team

News of him returning is a big *yawn* for me

Thread Information