Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    August 30th 2021 - Study finds mask mandates have no substantial effect on slowing COVID-19 spread
    With students finally headed back to school for the fall, debate is raging nationwide over whether K-12 children should be required to wear face masks to reduce the spread of COVID-19. But a peer-reviewed studysuggests that mask use and requirements during the pandemic had no substantial impact on reducing the spread of the virus.

Researchers from the University of Louisville examined COVID-19 case growth and mask use in the United States, comparing states with mask mandates to states without, and found that "mask mandates and use likely did not affect COVID-19 case growth."

"For our study, we wanted to determine if effects of mask mandates and use were observable in the general population," Dr. Damian Guerra, an assistant professor of biology at the University of Louisville, said. "Essentially, did the theory of mask effectiveness hold up on a population-wide level?"

Source study: Mask mandate and use efficacy for COVID-19 containment in US States. Damian D. GuerraIn conclusion, we found mask mandates and use to be poor predictors of COVID-19 spread in US states. Strengths of our study include assessing COVID-19 association with both mandates and reported use; evaluating both Ln and Fold growth models; accounting for population density differences; and measuring case growth after modeled mandate effective dates in states with late or no mandates
    The article is not listed as being peer reviewed nor does it mention impact of vaccination. Looks like a big nothing burger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Poured hot water on my leg.” Lady at end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She made the plane so much safer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that Dale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is set to update its mask advice this week to best reflect the available options and the different levels of protection they provide, a CDC official told CNN Tuesday.
    Many experts say cloth and surgical masks don't provide enough protection, and instead encourage N95 or FFP2 coverings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say no, he never asked about her bush nor mentioned any being sold.

Thread Information