Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m hoping more of them sit the season out. They’re going to be awful this year, might as well tank for Trevor.
    Until Hightower (top 3 MLB who can also blitz), Chung, and Cannon (top 3 right tackle) decided to punt on the season, I had the Patriots at 8-8 and winning the division. Now it's looking more like 6-10. Still not enough losses to get in reach for Lawrence, sorry.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Did you actually watch the games? His throwing arm was a limp biscuit after like week 8. It was sad watching him motion as if he was unleashing a 50 yard bomb only to throw a 4 yard dump off to the best receiving back in football. That's why completion % is a bogus stat.
    LMAO. "Did you actually watch the games? ".
    That's rich coming from you.

But yeah...I do know why his % was so high. He had an 86% completion rate to CMC which accounted for about 1/3 of Cam's total completions.

Completion % isn't a bogus stat at all. As long as you know how they got there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LMAO. "Did you actually watch the games? ".
    That's rich coming from you.

But yeah...I do know why his % was so high. He had an 86% completion rate to CMC which accounted for about 1/3 of Cam's total completions.

Completion % isn't a bogus stat at all. As long as you know how they got there.
    Completion % is a bogus stat in a vacuum because one QB, like Ryan, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wentz etc might throw for more long distance, chunk plays that get in FG range and score TDs, at the expense of more throw-aways and deep misses downfield, while a guy like Newton or Prescott (or Jackson) throws a bunch of dump offs to the backs and TEs and gets a better completion % but the team scores less points and wins less games. Newton 2018 a prime example.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Until Hightower (top 3 MLB who can also blitz), Chung, and Cannon (top 3 right tackle) decided to punt on the season, I had the Patriots at 8-8 and winning the division. Now it's looking more like 6-10. Still not enough losses to get in reach for Lawrence, sorry.
    Cannon is good and important but isn’t a top 3 tackle, that’s absurd

I think one or both McCourtys might end up sitting out, they’ve both been vocal about concerns. Their linebackers are going to be without Hightower Collins and Van Noy, say they lose Devin McCourty their secondary isn’t looking great either. Their defense overachieved massively last year due to flukish turnovers, it’ would have taken a step back regardless. Lose all the starters it’s lost it’s got potential to be .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Completion % is a bogus stat in a vacuum because one QB, like Ryan, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wentz etc might throw for more long distance, chunk plays that get in FG range and score TDs, at the expense of more throw-aways and deep misses downfield, while a guy like Newton or Prescott (or Jackson) throws a bunch of dump offs to the backs and TEs and gets a better completion % but the team scores less points and wins less games. Newton 2018 a prime example.
    I wouldn't say the stat is bogus. It's just not a reliable metric on it's own.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cannon is good and important but isn’t a top 3 tackle, that’s absurd

I think one or both McCourtys might end up sitting out, they’ve both been vocal about concerns. Their linebackers are going to be without Hightower Collins and Van Noy, say they lose Devin McCourty their secondary isn’t looking great either. Their defense overachieved massively last year due to flukish turnovers, it’ would have taken a step back regardless. Lose all the starters it’s lost it’s got potential to be .
    Top 3 right tackle? Can you name 3 better right tackles? Lane Johnson, maybe the Chiefs' Mitc Schwartz is up there, and .....Bueller? La'el Collins is probably top 5 at this point.

If one McCourty goes they both will, and they might just flat out retire given their age and the fact they're now on a likely to be rebuilding team.

They drafted some LBs mid rounds which historically has proven successful for them and they still have Bentley to play MLB but it's a young, raw core out there.

Their defense might be "bad", as in back to 2011-2013 Patriots "bad" defense, but not "bad" like some of the Dolphins teams or the 2013 Cowboys defense level bad. Last year the defense (not Brady) netted them a spiffy 12-4 record, Gilmore is the best corner in football, but the offense just kept getting worse as the season progressed.

I still say they will win some games they shouldn't due to coaching (Belichick and McDaniels are still there as well as utility guys like Edelman and White) and they are the league standard for special teams prowess (e.g., Slater isn't holding out) so I still give them a chance to win 6-8 games. Maybe even 9. We'll see.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Top 3 right tackle? Can you name 3 better right tackles? Lane Johnson, maybe the Chiefs' Mitc Schwartz is up there, and .....Bueller? La'el Collins is probably top 5 at this point.

If one McCourty goes they both will, and they might just flat out retire given their age and the fact they're now on a likely to be rebuilding team.

They drafted some LBs mid rounds which historically has proven successful for them and they still have Bentley to play MLB but it's a young, raw core out there.

Their defense might be "bad", as in back to 2011-2013 Patriots "bad" defense, but not "bad" like some of the Dolphins teams or the 2013 Cowboys defense level bad. Last year the defense (not Brady) netted them a spiffy 12-4 record, Gilmore is the best corner in football, but the offense just kept getting worse as the season progressed.

I still say they will win some games they shouldn't due to coaching (Belichick and McDaniels are still there as well as utility guys like Edelman and White) and they are the league standard for special teams prowess (e.g., Slater isn't holding out) so I still give them a chance to win 6-8 games. Maybe even 9. We'll see.
    Just by way of example and in no particular order:

Mitc Schwartz
    Lane Johnson
    Brian Bulaga
    La’el Collins
    Ryan Ramscyk
    Orlando Brown Jr.
    Brian O’Neill

all three graded better on PFF than Cannon last year, and every offensive tackle ranking article written in the last several months never mentions Cannon but mentions all of these. You’re a ing idiot who has no idea what he’s talking about claiming Marcus Cannon is better than Ryan Ramscyk

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just by way of example and in no particular order: Mitc Schwartz Lane Johnson Brian Bulaga La’el Collins Ryan Ramscyk Orlando Brown Jr. Brian O’Neill all three graded better on PFF than Cannon last year, and every offensive tackle ranking article written in the last several months never mentions Cannon but mentions all of these. You’re a ing idiot who has no idea what he’s talking about claiming Marcus Cannon is better than Ryan Ramscyk
    PFF is cute, I'll give you Ramcyzk (who has proven to be a quality replacement for Strief who was also one of the best at RT for the Saints in his day) but all but a couple of them are significantly flawed compared to a healthy Cannon. (Though Cannon does get away with some laughable false starts.) Bulaga holds a ton, but beyond that, Rodgers said in an interview he specifically instructs him and Bakhtiari both to funnel the edge rushers inside so Rodgers can roam outside the pocket... now Bulaga is on the Chargers, big loss for Rodgers and GB IMO. Collins has improved markedly and was one of the best RTs in the league last season, but that's one season. He was just average before last season and shuffled all over the Cowboys OLine. Orlando Brown is a good run blocker and is good at funneling edge guys out to give running lanes for Jackson, but in drop-back pass protection, aka when the Ravens are losing, Brown just sucks. Falls apart, flat on his face. Watch the TEN/LAC games again; his pass protection is inferior. The Vikings notoriously have a bad OL; O'Neill might be their best piece, but it's not a very good puzzle overall. His PFF rating was probably inflated by Cook's early season performance, but, again, a better run blocker than pass protector. Too many cases of him getting side-stepped and bull-rushed in the passing game. I'll give you -1. Johnson (he's been the best for a long time now) -2. Schwartz (Mahomes almost always feels pressure from the left side and inside, but not the right side) -3. Ramcyzk (with an inconsistently healthy Armstead and retired Unger, RR is the best OLineman on the Saints) -4. Cannon (just so good for the Patriots for so many years, gets away with some false starts) -5. Collins (but his lower ranking is indicative of the fact he only had one really good year -- 2019) .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why did I rank Murray so low? I knew I ranked him too low.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ugh. Ranked Wentz and Wilson (and Watson) way too high, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Goff, Rivers too low... Allen criminally low

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I will say this; I think Rodgers' season was over inflated and not indicative of his real mediocre self.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I will say this; I think Rodgers' season was over inflated and not indicative of his real mediocre self.
    Keep huffing that copium Andy. Will need to put you on suicide watch if he ends up ringing tbh.

Thread Information