24. Burrow
    25. Foles/Trubisky
    26. Tagovailoa/Fitzpatrick
    27. Lock
    28. Bridgewater
    29. Allen
    30. Minshew
    31. Taylor/Herbert
    32. Haskins (Smith would be higher if available)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not a terrible list. i think dak is too low. carr is probably a few spots too high.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Vince Young noticeably absent.

So is Chad Henne

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    QB play is at low point tbh. Mahomes is the only guy on there you’d say is a guaranteed lock for a great season.

Russ is going to be very good but overrated, per usual.

Brady, Brees, & Rodgers all have Cliff potential.

Lamar & Watson could be overexposed and countered by defenses, doubtful but possible.

Wentz/Stafford/Ryan are always putting up historic levels of empty stats.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Goff is an enigma. He's the one guy I can't really get a read on. I think the rest are pretty predictable.

Op has Brady way too high.

And the troll gig with Dak at 20

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    1. Mahomes
    2. Wilson
    They are 1a and 1b tbh. I want to see Mahomes play with Seattle weapons.
    3. Lamar Jackson

Who cares. QBs and their ranking are too dependant on weapons, o-line and coaching. Compare Brady in 2013 and 2014. Rodgers in 2014 and 2015 and so on. Fivehead in 2010 and 2012. Most overvalued position in all of sports.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Mahomes
    Wilson

Lamar

Watson
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Brady

Big Ben
    Ryan
    Stafford
    Rivers
    Wentz
    Cousins
    Murray
    Dak
    Goff
    Garoppolo
    Allen
    Tannehill
    Carr

Bridgewater
    Darnold
    Newton
    Burrow
    Tago
    Lock
    Trubisky
    Mayfield
    Jones
    Minshew
    Herbert
    Haskins
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-19-2020 at 01:56 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    1. Mahomes
    2. Wilson
    They are 1a and 1b tbh. I want to see Mahomes play with Seattle weapons.
    3. Lamar Jackson

Who cares. QBs and their ranking are too dependant on weapons, o-line and coaching. Compare Brady in 2013 and 2014. Rodgers in 2014 and 2015 and so on. Fivehead in 2010 and 2012. Most overvalued position in all of sports.
    Lol "most overvalued position"

If it's not #1, what is?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Goff is an enigma. He's the one guy I can't really get a read on. I think the rest are pretty predictable.

Op has Brady way too high.

And the troll gig with Dak at 20
    Not a troll gig... how do you essentially go .500 three years in a row with a consistently top-3 OLine and receiver corps?! I don't care about Jason Garrett, great QBs win whoever the coach is, look at the ty coaches Peyton won with.

Prescott isn't clutch. He's the king of empty stats if there ever was one... did you watch last year? Sure he had 4900 yards, but two-thirds of them were with the Cowboys down double digits on the scoreboard. And when he needed a key game winning drive? 4 opportunities last year; fell flat on his face all 4 times. Even average QBs will convert at least 1 or 2 of those chances; top 10 QBs 2 or 3. Elite QBs, 3 or 4 out of 4.

Prescott isn't clutch. He didn't get extended or paid big money long term for a good reason. He's just fine where I put him. He's average, and the richest owner in sports obviously agrees. He didn't get to be so rich coming from podunk Arkansas by making poor business decisions. He's going to play 2020 on the tag and like it, then get tagged and traded next March. That's no more than he deserves.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Lol jerry is a great GM because he's a great businessman. Is this 1998?

There are so many horrible GM moves over the last 20 years by Jerry it would take a new thread to list them all.

And the "empty stat" argument doesn't fly if you've got Kyler Murray 7 spots ahead. You're just a bitter typical cowboy fan that always roots for the backup QB when they are losing. We all know this, Andy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol jerry is a great GM because he's a great businessman. Is this 1998?

There are so many horrible GM moves over the last 20 years by Jerry it would take a new thread to list them all.

And the "empty stat" argument doesn't fly if you've got Kyler Murray 7 spots ahead. You're just a bitter typical cowboy fan that always roots for the backup QB when they are losing. We all know this, Andy.
    I'm expecting a big breakout season not just from Kyler, but from Arizona as a whole. They now have 2 superstars at LB and an offensive mastermind at HC with one of the best WR corps in the league now, if not the best. Kyler is just as fast/good as Lamar Jackson but with a better arm and a much more pass friendly offense.

I'd be surprised if my #13 ranking for Murray isn't "too low" by the end of the season. Expect Arizona to win double digits even in that loaded division. That division is the best in the NFL and they all play the AFC East and NFC East which of course helps.

Last year, the 49ers were my "breakout candidate" team of the year, and I got it more than right. In 2017 the Eagles were my breakout contender, and guess what, I got it *more than* right. I almost always get that prediction right, if nothing else. This year it's Arizona for me... shout-out to Culburn/Thread out there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IDK about real football rankings but for fantasy, the top 5 or 6 are all at least half black.

Just checked...it's the top 6. Where's Pedante?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    QB play is at low point tbh. Mahomes is the only guy on there you’d say is a guaranteed lock for a great season.

Russ is going to be very good but underrated, per usual.

Brady, Brees, & Rodgers all have Cliff potential.

Lamar & Watson could be overexposed and countered by defenses, doubtful but possible.

Wentz/Stafford/Ryan are always putting up historic levels of empty stats.
    fify

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Lol "most overvalued position"

If it's not #1, what is?
    QBs are the most important players in NFL. But they aren't that important. They're dependent on offensive line, receivers, running backs, play-calling.

Look at the best quarterbacks in their best and down seasons. It looks like they have best seasons in stacked teams and worst seasons when they play with weak supporting casts. Check Brady's perfomance in first half and then in second half of 2015 and guess why he was better in the first half.

Yes, Mahomes > Smith and Chiefs are champs now. Ok. Put him in Chicago or Jacksonville and well, he won't be as productive. And 49ers were robbed (I'm not Chiefs hater, Mahomes is my favourite player after Brady). Jet hold wasp or jet chip hold, I don't know (Pats, Packers and all teams with marquee qbs except the Saints in the playoffs always get ref help).

So, my point is that qbs aren't NBA superstars who are extremely productive even with mediocre rosters. Elite qbs aren't so elite in bad teams.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    QBs are the most important players in NFL. But they aren't that important. They're dependent on offensive line, receivers, running backs, play-calling.

Look at the best quarterbacks in their best and down seasons. It looks like they have best seasons in stacked teams and worst seasons when they play with weak supporting casts. Check Brady's perfomance in first half and then in second half of 2015 and guess why he was better in the first half.

Yes, Mahomes > Smith and Chiefs are champs now. Ok. Put him in Chicago or Jacksonville and well, he won't be as productive. And 49ers were robbed (I'm not Chiefs hater, Mahomes is my favourite player after Brady). Jet hold wasp or jet chip hold, I don't know (Pats, Packers and all teams with marquee qbs except the Saints in the playoffs always get ref help).

Start at 14:27:

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Congrats in advance to Brady on his upcoming MVP.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    1. Jimmy G

2-50. - tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Do the Chiefs have the easiest path to a repeat ever? Mahomes is in his own league in terms of QB play and they have no major departures from last season, while players around the league are dropping out like flies.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Do the Chiefs have the easiest path to a repeat ever? Mahomes is in his own league in terms of QB play and they have no major departures from last season, while players around the league are dropping out like flies.
    Half their skill players will stay home tbh. Niners all the way

Also, hot take -- this may be the year for the Browns to finally get it together. With all the Covid kerfuffling they could conceivably make the playoffs and make a splash, especially if compe ors start sitting since some of them are all fat and happy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tyreek and Sammy are whiny es, but with the salary they're making they can't really afford to hold out/sit out. Kelce is a "tough country boy" and won't sit out.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tyreek and Sammy are whiny es, but with the salary they're making they can't really afford to hold out/sit out. Kelce is a "tough country boy" and won't sit out.
    Their starting RB Damien Williams just opted out yesterday, their starting right tackle or whatever opted out a few days ago. Wait for it...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Their starting RB Damien Williams just opted out yesterday, their starting right tackle or whatever opted out a few days ago. Wait for it...
    Meh, Damien Williams has always been mediocre. Good outside runner and receiving back but could never get the tough 3-4 yards inside on short yardage and goal-line downs that Hunt got. That position hasn't been dynamic for KC since they jettisoned Hunt.

The rookie they drafted looks to be a stud, though. He was probably going to take Williams' job anyway at some point this season.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Also, hot take -- this may be the year for the Browns to finally get it together. With all the Covid kerfuffling they could conceivably make the playoffs and make a splash, especially if compe ors start sitting since some of them are all fat and happy
    How did the browns not make the playoffs last year with that roster

Oh right their overrated qb

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Meh, Damien Williams has always been mediocre. Good outside runner and receiving back but could never get the tough 3-4 yards inside on short yardage and goal-line downs that Hunt got. That position hasn't been dynamic for KC since they jettisoned Hunt.

The rookie they drafted looks to be a stud, though. He was probably going to take Williams' job anyway at some point this season.
    Yeah I thought Damien was just meh. The backup was better.

Thread Information