Still not quoting me.

don't use big words vy
    it's your ing post dip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DisengenuousMC didn't quote me:

indeed
    So what's your problem with "federal executive's authority over the states" in this instance? Right back to what I originally said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lmao if they fly the antifa flag then they're terrorists. Bleeding hearts like yourself think communism won't end up biting you in the ass when all is said and done.
    Genuine question - do you know what communism is? Define communism for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's your ing post dip
    No, these were posts, but you deliberately didn't post them because you're disengenuous

This last observation raises yet another point: Professor Dorf’s bottom line might be correct—the federal government has broad powers here to impose a national lockdown—but the Commerce Clause power needn’t and shouldn’t be the only authority to look at or rely on. Today’s coronavirus is from all indications a natural phenomenon, but what if another super-virus—the next one—is introduced in America intentionally as a form of biological warfare? Recent headlines about the U.S. military sheltering in place remind us all that military preparedness might depend in the twenty-first century on creating—even by mandate—herd immunity, just as other forms of military preparedness throughout American history have required compulsion (e.g., selective service conscription).
    DMC gonna run away from this like he always does. He read an article once about anti-commandeering doctrines, so apparently now he's a consitutional scholar.
    The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Cons ution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    Oh, look, there's even a guy on Fox News ting on DMC:
    The "Life, Liberty & Levin" host explained that the Commerce Clause of the Cons ution gives Congress the power to "regulate commerce ... among the several States" and added that the New Deal era saw Supreme Court rulings that further strengthened the federal executive's authority over the states.

"The debate about federalism was a fake debate and I've given this a lot of thought," Levin said. "This has nothing to do with federalism. The president has more power to order governors, if he chooses, to open up their economies than people think.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's your problem with "federal executive's authority over the states" in this instance? Right back to what I originally said.
    The problem is that unlike coronavirus, this is a regular police matter local to Portland. I'd try to explain the difference to you, but you don't do well with lawyer words

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, these were posts, but you deliberately didn't post them because you're disengenuous

Are you saying that's not your response to my question?

I don't think that your denial would hold up well in court, as the weight of evidence is heavily against you.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That's not this week.
    I’m sure Darrin carefully read that article beginning to end before he posted it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that unlike coronavirus, this is a regular police matter local to Portland. I'd try to explain the difference to you, but you don't do well with lawyer words
    You mean the regular police that had been burned out of their precinct 50 days ago?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the regular police that had been burned out of their precinct 50 days ago?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Point me to a case or a law that says that when a fire is lit on a police precinct, the state losses its cons utional authority, because I have an amendment that says otherwise.

Oh, that's right, you can't. Stupid games indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Darrin carefully read that article beginning to end before he posted it
    I did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point me to a case or a law that says that when a fire is lit on a police precinct, the state losses its cons utional authority, because I have an amendment that says otherwise.

Oh, that's right, you can't. Stupid games indeed.
    Show me a case or law that says when a corona virus is in pandemic stage, states lose responsibility for their decisions to group highest risk elderly with positive COVID cases. You can't. Stupid games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a dumbass who doesn't understand the difference between state and federal law.
    Wrong. Try me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland and Seattle were once nice cities.
    They still are. I was in Seattle last January.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    even with riots on the streets Portland and Seattle are much nicer places to be than your average 50,000 person town where everyone is 150 lbs overweight, shops at Walmart and votes conservative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao if they fly the antifa flag then they're terrorists. Bleeding hearts like yourself think communism won't end up biting you in the ass when all is said and done.
    I'm not opposed to policing, I'm opposed to denying american citizens their cons utional rights.

and lmao @ communism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even with riots on the streets Portland and Seattle are much nicer places to be than your average 50,000 person town where everyone is 150 lbs overweight, shops at Walmart and votes conservative.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feds, Right-Wing Media Paint Portland As 'City Under Siege.'

A Tour Of Town Shows Otherwise

In a city of 650,000 spread out over 145 square miles, national figures focus on police crackdowns on protesters on a scant few blocks night after night.

One America News Network describes “violence gripping the city.”

A Fox News headline blares “Portland protesters flood police precinct, chant about burning it down.”

The New York Post reported Saturday that Portland “descended into violence.”

The images that populate national media feeds, however, come almost exclusively from a tiny point of the city:

a 12-block area surrounding the Justice Center and federal courthouse.

And they occur exclusively during late-night hours in which only a couple hundred or fewer protesters and scores of police officers are out in the city’s coronavirus-hollowed downtown.

Those events are hardly representative of daily life, including peaceful anti-racism demonstrations that have drawn tens of thousands of protesters, in a city of 650,000 people that encompasses 145 square miles.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...otherwise.html

Very clear that Trash/Barr wanted to see how they could go to push Los Federales, under a bull declaration of National Emergency, into US cities.

They discovered they could and

that not the Dems nor nobody else could or would stop them or punish them.

All is ready for the Unitary Executive to declare marital law and a National Emergency, use the DHS army, National Guard, sheriffs, metro police to lock down the country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me a case or law that says when a corona virus is in pandemic stage, states lose responsibility for their decisions to group highest risk elderly with positive COVID cases. You can't. Stupid games.
    Straw man. And I posted at least one basis for Trump having the authority to do something -- too bad Trump's too much of a pussy to do anything about it. That was one of the things you neglected to quote when I asked you to quote me. Too bad he's too much of a pussy to do anything.

Only a simpleton like you would think that the coronavirus response is the same as local crime.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still are. I was in Seattle last January.
    aesthetically maybe, but they're turning to homeless wise, faster than most places

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aesthetically maybe, but they're turning to homeless wise, faster than most places
    If you think this is bad, wait a couple more months, especially if Congress continues to sit on their asses.

On the other hand, all the retail space becoming available might be a partial solution to the housing crisis in most large metro areas.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think this is bad, wait a couple more months, especially if Congress continues to sit on their asses.

On the other hand, all the retail space becoming available might be a partial solution to the housing crisis in most large metro areas.

I still don't know if i should reup my lease, I'm doing it for nine months but I expect that to floor sometime soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't know if i should reup my lease, I'm doing it for nine months but I expect that to floor sometime soon
    Doubt it's going to make a dent here in LA, but we'll see. I'm keeping an eye on housing prices though. If it really gets bad, might be an opportunity, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straw man. And I posted at least one basis for Trump having the authority to do something -- too bad Trump's too much of a pussy to do anything about it. That was one of the things you neglected to quote when I asked you to quote me. Too bad he's too much of a pussy to do anything.

Only a simpleton like you would think that the coronavirus response is the same as local crime.
    It doesn't have to be the same to be a state issue, and I never said Portland was a federal issue - I only said you claimed POTUS was in control when it suited your argument, and that you need to make up your ing mind. Only a lawyer would try to equate the two scenarios, and even then only if said lawyer stepped on his own . You said the POTUS was in control of NY. I quoted you.

Thread Information