Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will pass Mike Dunleavy early next year for 14th place in All Time most losses.
    Next up will be a contemporary in so many ways, Doc Rivers.

With Doc having a relatively healthy Embiid and regular season Harden to carry him, it's possible Pop will surpass Doc in 2022-23.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Pop coming back next year. Does he have something better to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the next HC even really be calling the shots? Seems it took Pop forever to step away from active involvement in GM duties. Next HC will have pressure to be Pop like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be ok with that to some degree because I’m very curious who they get to follow the old GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the ultimate puppeteer. While some of the best coaches/front office personnel are cut from his lineage it’s telling that there is virtually no one still around waiting for the show.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm still hoping for atkins or snyder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would guess Will Hardy if he retires after this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the ultimate puppeteer. While some of the best coaches/front office personnel are cut from his lineage it’s telling that there is virtually no one still around waiting for the show.
    No one wants to stay that long as an assistant in one place. There’s also only going to be one replacement from ALL of those assistants he’s had over the years. What if coach Bud had stayed those 20+ years and not gotten the job? They moved on because assistants were qualified to be lead assistants, and lead assistants were qualified for HC openings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Wright is the guy to continue to keep an eye on in regards to Pop’s replacement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what Atkinson did in Brooklyn with that young crop of players before they brought in their star studded cast and let him go.

Isn’t Bill Self the guy though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Wright is the guy to continue to keep an eye on in regards to Pop’s replacement.
    I fear a Rick Patino to Boston scenario there. Some guys are just better for college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fear a Rick Patino to Boston scenario there. Some guys are just better for college.
    College guys rarely adjust to the fact that in the NBA they don’t have the power, the players do. If you don’t get that, and get it quickly, you’ll fail spectacularly. I feel like football is the same way. There are always exceptions, like LB in basketball, or Carroll, Vermiel, or Jimmy Johnsonin football, but most college coaches lean heavily into the power they hold.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs next head coach will not be until about 3 to 5 years from now depending on Gregory's health and well being. Basketball is his life and he's going to go for at least 1 more Chip with this team that he's building from scratch.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm still hoping for atkins or snyder.

the utah jazz have a lack of talent issue. and donovan wants out, which won't help the situation.

all i could find about snyder's contract extension was that it was for "multiple years"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like Becky was presumed to be the heir apparent, at least for the media and us on the outside, but that flew like a lead balloon. Given that Pop is woke AF, I can only think that either: Pop isn't retiring or Becky is, unfortunately, not a good coach in their eyes. I'm not sure how much optics will play into the next hire, but it's quite possible it won't be a white male. It's also very possible that Pop doesn't care who replaces him, and/or he will let Brian Wright make the final decision as a way to empower him. I expect to be surprised whenever it finally happens. (Though I still like Lloyd Pierce as an option, in case Pop is actually making the choice, which is still totally possible.)

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the odds of our perfect record head coach coming back from retirement.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It seems like Becky was presumed to be the heir apparent, at least for the media and us on the outside, but that flew like a lead balloon. Given that Pop is woke AF, I can only think that either: Pop isn't retiring or Becky is, unfortunately, not a good coach in their eyes.
    i know that some people were high on becky but i could not gauge her ability to coach if my life depended on it. i have no idea if she was good or bad for the spurs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    On July 3, 2015, she became the first woman to serve as head coach in the NBA’s Summer League where she led the Spurs to the league le.
    i totally forgot about that. but summer league is summer league...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    is there a cap on how much a coach can get paid?

cause steve nash is getting fired this offseason. i wonder what the max the nets would throw at pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there a cap on how much a coach can get paid?

cause steve nash is getting fired this offseason. i wonder what the max the nets would throw at pop.
    Pops not going anywhere. He’s got a record that no one, except maybe Spo can touch: most wins only coaching only one team in a career. Why would he want all that Net drama, anyway?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pops not going anywhere. He’s got a record that no one, except maybe Spo can touch: most wins only coaching only one team in a career. Why would he want all that Net drama, anyway?
    that's why i was wondering about the money.

the nets will be desperate to hire someone. and who would sean marks want more? i'm sure tiago splitter would vouch for pop too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the odds of our perfect record head coach coming back from retirement.
    Timmy, with Tony and Manu as his top assistants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's why i was wondering about the money.

the nets will be desperate to hire someone. and who would sean marks want more? i'm sure tiago splitter would vouch for pop too.
    Pop doesn’t need vouching to take the Nets job, just motivation. I don’t see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Brent would make an awesome coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy, with Tony and Manu as his top assistants.
    We had ONE of the three do one season as a full time assistant, and not come back. I think they’re best as home based teaching assistants. None of them live in Brooklyn.

Thread Information