Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News about the coronavirus in general has gotten mind-numbing.

You find one article about something, and there’s two scientific studies saying the exact opposite. And then there’s another news source that refutes both of those conclusions.

I don’t believe the virus is a hoax. I think it’s real and it’s a legitimate global health problem. But I also believe that there has been some deceit and manipulation of facts and stats by some in the media, the scientific community, and political circles with a biased leftist agenda. How much deceit and manipulation, I have no idea. There is information, misinformation, and disinformation in every article, every news report. There’s the truth somewhere hidden in the layers of fiction and warped opinions skewed as “facts” that both sides are shoveling on top of the covid-19 pile of news. And it’s getting pretty difficult to decipher what is what. It’s hard to really know what to believe.

The only thing I personally believe is true about it is that no one really knows the whole truth about the coronavirus yet.
    Oh I see "both sides" now. It was hidden in the layers of that text wall as a hedge bet.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol
    More ties from left and rino Romney ties to Russia and Ukraine
    Post them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News about the coronavirus in general has gotten mind-numbing.

You find one article about something, and there’s two scientific studies saying the exact opposite. And then there’s another news source that refutes both of those conclusions.

I don’t believe the virus is a hoax. I think it’s real and it’s a legitimate global health problem. But I also believe that there has been some deceit and manipulation of facts and stats by some in the media, the scientific community, and political circles with a biased leftist agenda. How much deceit and manipulation, I have no idea. There is information, misinformation, and disinformation in every article, every news report. There’s the truth somewhere hidden in the layers of fiction and warped opinions skewed as “facts” that both sides are shoveling on top of the covid-19 pile of news. And it’s getting pretty difficult to decipher what is what. It’s hard to really know what to believe.

The only thing I personally believe is true about it is that no one really knows the whole truth about the coronavirus yet.
    I think it's all part of the chaos in the response to this. And opportunism thrives on chaos. There's been terrible leadership, at various levels, poorly coordinated response, from the federal government undermining states, to states being irresponsible.

The virus itself doesn't care about political affiliation, dogma, feelings or conspiracies. That's why guys like Abbot or DeathSantis had to back down, same with Trump and his rallies. Cuomo made terrible mistakes early on, and Newsom did later on when he tried to re-open quicker than it was advised.

The cost of these mistakes are high, they're measured in dead people. It's too late now, but the US should swallow their pride after this, and learn from other countries (ie: Germany), who didn't necessarily have experience with a virus like this, and yet had a much better coordinated response.

Also, politicizing this from the get go was a fatal mistake from POTUS. Eventually you reap what you sow.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So you think doctor anecdotes about his experience with covid patient(s) are hilarious.

Neat, I guess we have different senses of humor
    No, I found it hilarious that with all of the already created long running coronavirus threads you thought an article from Vox about a single doctor and his single patient needed it’s own thread.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    CONSPIRACY!

/gummi
    STILL BUTTHURT!

/Blake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope hydroxychloroquine cures every disease known to man. It was stupid for known grifter Trump to pimp it like his steaks, vodka and fake university.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I found it hilarious that with all of the already created long running coronavirus threads you thought an article from Vox about a single doctor and his single patient needed it’s own thread.
    Right, different senses of humor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STILL BUTTHURT!

/Blake
    Lol tsa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope hydroxychloroquine cures every disease known to man. It was stupid for known grifter Trump to pimp it like his steaks, vodka and fake university.
    He also pumped redisheever, or however he pronounced it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also pumped redisheever, or however he pronounced it.
    He stopped pimping it for exactly that reason.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Research has not been conclusive in so many aspects yet many extreme right politicians want to claim we're ready to move forward. It makes no sense. I don't know what the extreme left's motive would be, tbh so fill me in please. Thx
    To answer the question, the extreme left’s motive seems pretty clear to me. Their motive is to make sure everything bad gets blamed on Trump. The coronavirus has been great in that regard, because so much negative has come from it under his watch. You add the racial divide as a result of George Floyd and the subsequent protests, and double whammy. The longer stays bad with cases, with deaths, with the economy, with racial unrest, the better it looks for Trump getting kicked out of office. The extreme left is making sure things stay bad, and they don’t care if they have to lie or twist truths to ensure that happens. But the thing is they don’t have to. He’s ing everything up all by himself, no help needed.

As I said, I voted against Trump in 2016. And I’m planning to vote against him again in 2020. So this isn’t about defending him. I think he’s done a terrible job at handling the coronavirus. And I think he’s been the most racially divisive president in 150 years, which is saying something considering he followed the first and only black president. I think he’s incompetent to lead a country and he has a bunch of incompetent and/or impotent people around him. I want Trump out of office. That doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of what some of the extreme left is doing in order to achieve that end.

You saw me be critical of the left and then automatically assumed I was a pro Trumper. Nope. Just not a blind liberal follower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To answer the question, the extreme left’s motive seems pretty clear to me. Their motive is to make sure everything bad gets blamed on Trump. The coronavirus has been great in that regard, because so much negative has come from it under his watch. You add the racial divide as a result of George Floyd and the subsequent protests, and double whammy. The longer stays bad with cases, with deaths, with the economy, with racial unrest, the better it looks for Trump getting kicked out of office. The extreme left is making sure things stay bad, and they don’t care if they have to lie or twist truths to ensure that happens. But the thing is they don’t have to. He’s ing everything up all by himself, no help needed.

As I said, I voted against Trump in 2016. And I’m planning to vote against him again in 2020. So this isn’t about defending him. I think he’s done a terrible job at handling the coronavirus. And I think he’s been the most racially divisive president in 150 years, which is saying something considering he followed the first and only black president. I think he’s incompetent to lead a country and he has a bunch of incompetent and/or impotent people around him. I want Trump out of office. That doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of what some of the extreme left is doing in order to achieve that end.

You saw me be critical of the left and then automatically assumed I was a pro Trumper. Nope. Just not a blind liberal follower.
    Thing with text walls is that it makes it so easy to hedge.

You say the left's motive is to blame Trump and then you yourself proceed to bash him.

Whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He stopped pimping it for exactly that reason.
    Lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why shouldn't Trump get blamed? He's the one who kept wishcasting this virus away instead of trying to prepare for it. He's the one who rushed re-opening before stomping the virus down to levels where maybe it could be reasonably controlled through testing and contact tracing like some of the world's other rich nations have done. He's the one who decided gyms should be on the phase 1 of reopening after a late lobbying push despite them being horrible for infections, with people in enclosed areas breathing hard and thus expelling lots of droplets. He made masks into a political issue and tried to poison 30% of the country against them by claiming people were wearing masks just to make him look bad. Not trying to excuse Cuomo's monumental -up with putting COVID positive people back into the nursing homes and getting lots more killed nor Newsom's botched reopening that has made California into what will soon be the world's worst COVID hotspot, but this is Trump's government and he's the one responsible for leading a national response. We're the laughingstock of the world, the country the rest of the rich countries pity. As much as I hate George W Bush, he would have never botched the response the way Trump has. Trump has tried to make everything about himself. The ridiculous thing is with a half competent response he would have been a shoo-in for re-election. For the week he took the virus seriously in March his favorability was way up until he turned the coronavirus briefings into rambling campaign rallies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senile Joe gonna save us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm already dusting off my record player.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you think he will tell the American people the virus will just disappear or will he go the opposite and tell us we will all die?

anyone else 2020

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one was going to save us.

but to have the leader of our country purposely mislead people, I’m sorry that’s just incomprehensible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-19's death toll shows us that in-home care of the elderly and infirm has serious advantages over nursing home models. "COVID-19 has killed nearly 150,000 Americans, and about half of them were residents of nursing homes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Base are you in nursing home ?
    Work in one ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never been a Biden fan, but god yes he sounds amazing compared to Trump. Kasich or even Pence would sound amazing instead of Trump. Even W Bush or Gore would be an enormous upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You know the thing.."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You know the thing.."
    Yeah man, woman camera tv inspires so much more confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You know the thing.."
    Remember shining UV light through the skin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it extremely ironic that all of the people who said "Trump would destroy America" are the one's burning our cities to the ground.

Thread Information