San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    News about the coronavirus in general has gotten mind-numbing.

You find one article about something, and there’s two scientific studies saying the exact opposite. And then there’s another news source that refutes both of those conclusions.

I don’t believe the virus is a hoax. I think it’s real and it’s a legitimate global health problem. But I also believe that there has been some deceit and manipulation of facts and stats by some in the media, the scientific community, and political circles with a biased leftist agenda. How much deceit and manipulation, I have no idea. There is information, misinformation, and disinformation in every article, every news report. There’s the truth somewhere hidden in the layers of fiction and warped opinions skewed as “facts” that both sides are shoveling on top of the covid-19 pile of news. And it’s getting pretty difficult to decipher what is what. It’s hard to really know what to believe.

The only thing I personally believe is true about it is that no one really knows the whole truth about the coronavirus yet.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You find one article about something, and there’s two scientific studies saying the exact opposite. And then there’s another news source that refutes both of those conclusions.

I don’t believe the virus is a hoax. I think it’s real and it’s a legitimate global health problem. But I also believe that there has been some deceit and manipulation of facts and stats by some in the media, the scientific community, and political circles with a biased leftist agenda. How much deceit and manipulation, I have no idea. There is information, misinformation, and disinformation in every article, every news report. There’s the truth somewhere hidden in the layers of fiction and warped opinions skewed as “facts” that both sides are shoveling on top of the covid-19 pile of news. And it’s getting pretty difficult to decipher what is what. It’s hard to really know what to believe.

The only thing I personally believe is true about it is that no one really knows the whole truth about the coronavirus yet.
    You're halfway there. You are way ahead of Chumpettes who think this hoax virus is dangerous and life threatening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Virus Olympics has state level compe ions as well.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Steroids work better and they’re cheap as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one person I know who went into a coma and was on a ventilator due to COVID was given hydroxychloroquine early on as part of her treatment. She has made a full recovery despite being over 70 and in poor health. I am not a doctor and have no clue what actually saved her. I am sure it was a variety of things. It is possible that hydroxychloroquine did nothing for her, but I know she took it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one person I know who went into a coma and was on a ventilator due to COVID was given hydroxychloroquine early on as part of her treatment. She has made a full recovery despite being over 70 and in poor health. I am not a doctor and have no clue what actually saved her. I am sure it was a variety of things. It is possible that hydroxychloroquine did nothing for her, but I know she took it.
    The drug was taken off the table worldwide except for Brazil for a reason.

Remdesivir seems like the go to drug now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That is correct. But the person I know was hospitalized in March right at the beginning when it first hit San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Global anti trump conspiracy

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Wrong. Hydroxychloroquine was temporarily taken off the table because of a published study that was eventually retracted because the authors couldn’t vouch for the data. It was a huge set back on existing and future trials. Hydroxychloroquine is still being used worldwide.

Lancet, New England Journal retract Covid-19 studies, including one that raised safety concerns about malaria drugs

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/...aria-drugs/BBC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine still pushing this .

It's okay, Cultists. The pandemic was still in it's early days when this was pushed. You can move on from this now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its equally as important for some people that we not only find a fix for coronavirus but also that the fix MUST be hqc. because trump being right is as important as anything

cult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its equally as important for some people that we not only find a fix for coronavirus but also that the fix MUST be hqc. because trump being right is as important as anything

cult
    That's all it can be at this point. The world moved on and found better treatments. Treatments Trump himself is citing, but he is still pushing HQC so they must too.

It's so sad. Literally no one will fault any Cultist for moving past this old story, but they just won't let it go. Getting that W over da' libs is more important than ANYTHING.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. Hydroxychloroquine was temporarily taken off the table because of a published study that was eventually retracted because the authors couldn’t vouch for the data. It was a huge set back on existing and future trials. Hydroxychloroquine is still being used worldwide.

Lancet, New England Journal retract Covid-19 studies, including one that raised safety concerns about malaria drugs

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/...aria-drugs/BBC
    Not wrong. At one point it was.

And the drug is still unproven to work effectively in most, if not all cases so whether or not some countries are still using it, it's not like it's actually saving lives.

Time to stop trying to make this one drug work so badly to make god Trump right for once in his life. Might as well be promoting injecting bleach into you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah politically
    More deaths liberal thinking more votes for biden
    It is sickening

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the French doctor's data and methods, like not exposing his entire cohort, etc, a small sample, etc

but there has been other studies, more rigorous, that showed HCQ ineffective, and even mortal for some patients.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is an anecdote, not a study.

and the HCQ mob says HCQ in combo with other drugs, not HCQ alone

good that she survived (lingering symptoms?),

but it says nothing ACTIONABLE about HCQ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Not wrong. At one point it was.

And the drug is still unproven to work effectively in most, if not all cases so whether or not some countries are still using it, it's not like it's actually saving lives.

Time to stop trying to make this one drug work so badly to make god Trump right for once in his life. Might as well be promoting injecting bleach into you.
    You said it was taken off for a reason, I just gave you the reason. It was taken off the table worldwide because of a study. That study was poor and later retracted by its authors.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

cult
    its equally as important for some people that we not only find a fix for coronavirus but also that the fix MUST NOT be hqc. because trump being wrong is as important as anything

TDS cult

I don’t care what ends up working against the virus, I’m rooting for all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol "biased leftist agenda"

140k deaths and counting. VOTE FOR TRUMP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said it was taken off for a reason, I just gave you the reason. It was taken off the table worldwide because of a study. That study was poor and later retracted by its authors.
    Did gummi tell you this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty sure that stuff is in short supply though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its equally as important for some people that we not only find a fix for coronavirus but also that the fix MUST NOT be hqc. because trump being wrong is as important as anything

TDS cult

I don’t care what ends up working against the virus, I’m rooting for all of them.
    no, i'm just not for the president/government pimping a miracle cure until its known to actually be effective thru clinical trials (and not just for a subset of patients) because it gives people the false sense of security that the pandemic is no longer serious because even if they get it there is an easy cure.

i dont care if its hqc or anything else. im not happy with being closed. i'm fortunate enough that my work hasn't been impacted yet, but thats not true for much of my family/friends. im not happy with people still dying daily. but that doesnt mean im going to sit and support completely irresponsible behavior/rhetoric and then try to justify it post-hoc like the uv light

Thread Information