Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks. The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they were unquestionably correct.

Even on Olympus, there isn't a being with as big of a god complex as Popovich. Here's an idea, Pop... win a few basketball games. Your only area of expertise is basketball, and you can't even do that right anymore.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well apparently he doesn't understand black live matter, if they truly cared about black lives, blm would be in chicago protesting the violence perpetrated against blacks by other blacks. As far as a discriminatory legal system or police, apparently he doesn't know the facts or statistics. More blacks are killed by blacks than by law enforcement by far. If you compare percentages, the black people killed by law enforcement is less than 1%. On contrast, whites are killed far more often.

BLM, according to their website is a marxist based political movement. They believe that marxism or communism is the only way black lives will be better. But if they look at who the majority of the black population has been supporting since the 60's (democrats), they would realize that the standard of living in conservative run cities for black people is higher that those in democrat/liberal cities, by far. Less social issues, less discrimination, less victim mentality.

Maybe I went a little off subject from the article, but it just goes to show that people dont know the facts about what they say
    I just went to the BLM site for kicks ...read what they are "about" ...didnt see Marxism or communism.
    Liberal? sure. it talks about inclusion of and transgender people fighting forvequality yadda yadda and not objectifying a nuclear family ...but i gotta question your reading comprehension if you got that from that site. Maybe you have on conservative glasses?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    though he doesnt talk politics much Coach hoodie has supported Trump why dont liberals kill him? Or Kerr also attacks trump but sincevhe won recently no one s on him. Both have military connections Pop served and kerr had his dad die serving his country.
    You may not agtee but givecthem their respect and theychave everyvrightvto use their platform to touch on social issues. Just change the channell or skip the vid if you dont want politics mixed in.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-28-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just went to the BLM site for kicks ...read what they are "about" ...didnt see Marxism or communism.
    Liberal? sure. it talks about inclusion of and transgender people fighting forvequality yadda yadda and not objectifying a nuclear family ...but i gotta question your reading comprehension if you got that from that site. Maybe you have on conservative glasses?
    "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I mean the founders straight up said they were Marxist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triggered

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I mean the founders straight up said they were Marxist

You mentioned website i followed your path and i did not see that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mentioned website i followed your path and i did not see that.
    ̶W̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶e̶b̶s̶i̶t̶e̶?̶

*I take it back, You are right comrade BLM is not founded by trained Marxist. I look forward to seeing you at the next educational project.
    Last edited by cool cat; 07-28-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Bandwaggoner since '73 stepmonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks, please try to educate yourself: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine

Trump’s New Favorite COVID Doctor Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ̶W̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶e̶b̶s̶i̶t̶e̶?̶

*I take it back, You are right comrade BLM is not founded by trained Marxist. I look forward to seeing you at the next educational project.
    Look, Im not saying it isnt but demonizing all BLM as cpmmunists is akin to demonizing Trump supporyers as all redneck racist or low IQ.
    Sick and tired of left vs right narratives.
    True conservatives that abhor Trump's behavior but remain loyal cuz he is supposedly Republican or as silly as those that. will vote for Biden but call it like eating a sandwich cuz you are hungry ...are two sides of the same coin. Wish we had a truly moderate party to vote for. Most true politicans on both sides are full of .

Btw Pop just calls out Trump not traditional Republicans or Conservatives. If you prefer Trump's rhetoric over the man who served his country and also that helped you win 5 les you are worse than a communist you are a anarchist.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Movement, organization or slogan. Human rights issue or political group.

The narrative continues to change. There seems a correlation between people reading up on what BLM stands for and retracting their support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also this isn't the 50s anymore. Thinking that calling someone a Marxist is a disqualifying insult is really dumb. I doubt most of the people throwing that term around even know what it means and how it applies to demographics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised to see he has the self awareness to call himself ignorant...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks, please try to educate yourself: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine

Trump’s New Favorite COVID Doctor Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine
    He’s not interested in learning or reading about anything. Not a single legitimate thought has ever come from him. He’s a copy and paste right wing foot soldier who can’t do anything beyond right clicking a mouse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the statement by Pop is off base. I'm all for black men being treated equally as white men they they are pulled over by the police. Other than that, I don't know what the BLM is about, so I guess I'm ignorant, even though I have an advanced degree that is just as meritorious as Pop's education.

Why are you insulting people you are trying to persuade to your point of view. It's one thing for him to say he supports and even promotes the BLM movement. It's entirely reasonable to wear a BLM shirt or mention them in every interview. He could cite statistics or put forth arguments for why the movement is important. But instead he takes the same tired approach to "debate" that is so indicative of today, insult those that don't agree with you or don't have the same passion as you. How is that any different than Donald Trump? I think Pop is Donald Trump, except a die hard liberal. But they are both ego driven and don't have facts or arguments to put forth, just insults.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    if you have an advanced degree you'd think you'd know that calling someone ignorant is not an insult, it literally means to be unaware or lacking knowledge which is not necessarily an insult. and in this case it's true tbh. people who don't understand what BLM are ignorant in the sense that they lack knowledge regarding what the movement means, though tbh i feel if you really claim to not know what it's about you're either being disingenuous or trolling

Faux news has made the right think BLM literally just means rioting and looting when that is a small section of people and in numerous instances the rioters or people who incited the looting turned out to be right wingers stirring up it's bull imho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you just say “Right Wingers” are responsible for Inciting the riots? Umm I think you just made a good case for your first statement. I think you might have meant to say that “ANTIFA” is Inciting the riots would be an accurate assessment.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    if you have an advanced degree you'd think you'd know that calling someone ignorant is not an insult, it literally means to be unaware or lacking knowledge which is not necessarily an insult. and in this case it's true tbh. people who don't understand what BLM are ignorant in the sense that they lack knowledge regarding what the movement means, though tbh i feel if you really claim to not know what it's about you're either being disingenuous or trolling

Faux news has made the right think BLM literally just means rioting and looting when that is a small section of people and in numerous instances the rioters or people who incited the looting turned out to be right wingers stirring up it's bull imho
    The organization, movement or slogan?

Not even Fox News goes after BLM much. The focus is on the white supporters.

I think alot of people on the right are turned off because BLM has been plastered on every aspect of our society. It doesn't feel organic or free willed. Americans are naturally skeptical of agendas that are heavy handed. For good and bad that is inherently American.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 07-30-2020 at 12:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're ed.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignorant - lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.

Also, when the did s start speaking English?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only real solution is for each individual to put in the work necessary to succeed. Quit worrying about everyone and everything else cuz they are not for you to control. They could hand out a fortune in reparations, give Obama additional terms, re-elect Trump, do nothing or anything else and it would still be up to the individual. That’s why all this is a load of crap. The joke is by the politicians and “movement” leaders and at your expense! People just handle your own !
    So, if I handle my all will be fine? Note to self......... I expect better from you but I guess you just don’t get it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The organization, movement or slogan?

Not even Fox News goes after BLM much. The focus is on the white supporters.

I think alot of people on the right are turned off because BLM has been plastered on every aspect of our society. It doesn't feel organic or free willed. Americans are naturally skeptical of agendas that are heavy handed. For good and bad that is inherently American.
    Let me help you homie, everything in this country is catered to white people ....period! So anything that presents a challenge to that is uncomfortable. I challenge all these patriots posting in this forum to post what they’ve contributed to this great country of ours ( ie: military service, Community outreach, a job that impacts society ). Ducks , backhome, and any other great patriots here to educate me on the workings of this great land please stand up!!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Let me help you homie, everything in this country is catered to white people ....period! So anything that presents a challenge to that is uncomfortable. I challenge all these patriots posting in this forum to post what they’ve contributed to this great country of ours ( ie: military service, Community outreach, a job that impacts society ). Ducks , backhome, and any other great patriots here to educate me on the workings of this great land please stand up!!
    White people are the majority in this country. I imagine someone living in Mexico complaining that the country caters to brown people would be laughed at.

Based on population size, jews and blacks are the most over-represented demographics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ha, you don’t think Pop was using it in a derogatory sense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even I'm confused about the BLM movement tbh. No real leaders stepped up to lead it. Is it about police reform? Prison reform? Taking down statues? Changing the names of a lot . Protesting peacefully? Protesting violently? Supporting Kap? Reparations for slavery? Painting BLM on an NBA court? Playing the black national anthem? Randomly hating on the Jews? All of the above?

Bc what I fear it has become is a bunch of bull narrative where the same people will remain in power and get re-elected because nobody will go out and vote. The entire system is in need of a rehaul. When two parties can't come together when their citizens are in need of guidance and help, when they bicker like school children, when they deflect and blame instead of fixing and overcoming, then these two parties no longer represent me or any other average Joe
    They don't want a specific leader, which is actually kinda smart. The taking down of statues and renaming things is a result of the movement, not specifically BLM. The violent protests have been a few people in a sea of millions so its hard to pin it on them. Kap wasn't affiliated with BLM, he chose to take a knee himself. The NBA and NFL took those steps themselves. Prison reform and police reform are their main issues tbh.

Thread Information