Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the statement by Pop is off base. I'm all for black men being treated equally as white men they they are pulled over by the police. Other than that, I don't know what the BLM is about, so I guess I'm ignorant, even though I have an advanced degree that is just as meritorious as Pop's education.

Why are you insulting people you are trying to persuade to your point of view. It's one thing for him to say he supports and even promotes the BLM movement. It's entirely reasonable to wear a BLM shirt or mention them in every interview. He could cite statistics or put forth arguments for why the movement is important. But instead he takes the same tired approach to "debate" that is so indicative of today, insult those that don't agree with you or don't have the same passion as you. How is that any different than Donald Trump? I think Pop is Donald Trump, except a die hard liberal. But they are both ego driven and don't have facts or arguments to put forth, just insults.
    Calling people ignorant isn't necessarily an insult. It literally means lacking knowledge or awareness. Weird that people got so insulted by his comments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White people are the majority in this country. I imagine someone living in Mexico complaining that the country caters to brown people would be laughed at.

Based on population size, jews and blacks are the most over-represented demographics.
    Willful ignorance..... I requested a few pieces of information in my post above, do you mind sharing yours with the group? With that informative explanation I know you are doing big things to advance the country in a positive direction! Please enlighten/inspire us......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling people ignorant isn't necessarily an insult. It literally means lacking knowledge or awareness. Weird that people got so insulted by his comments.
    You are doing what Trump fans do. If Trump called people that don’t follow his border ideology ignorant, you’d be up in arms, but you’re defending Pop after the fact bc you agree with Pop on this message.

Pop’s comments regularly insult people that don’t agree with his worldview. That is as much with basketball as it is with politics. He’s the liberal Donald Trump. All insult, no substance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make things better we need to narrow the gap between people. Pop is not making things better.
    It does not help the BLM cause as many people have been questioning Pop's mental status prior to this. When Pop gets political, it actually gets worse for both sides.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make things better we need to narrow the gap between people. Pop is not making things better.
    It does not help the BLM cause as many people have been questioning Pop's mental status prior to this. When Pop gets political, it actually gets worse for both sides.
    BLM cause???? Bro, this should be America’s cause!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are doing what Trump fans do. If Trump called people that don’t follow his border ideology ignorant, you’d be up in arms, but you’re defending Pop after the fact bc you agree with Pop on this message.

Pop’s comments regularly insult people that don’t agree with his worldview. That is as much with basketball as it is with politics. He’s the liberal Donald Trump. All insult, no substance.
    Except Pop wasn't comments wasn't an insult, unless I'm missing the context or tone. Donny specifically talks about Democrats, whom technically outnumber Republicans, by using much harsher language than Pop did.

What Pop was trying to say was that people who dislike BLM are uninformed. Based on their skyrocketing approval rating, following Floyd's death, I think people feel that they are better informed about race issues and now support the movement.

Pop's technically right, people just associate ignorant as an insult and ignored his actual point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd question why people think BLM is political. It seems other countries see this as a human rights issue while some people here see it as political.

Probably a lot of overlap with the antivax and antimask people tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'd question why people think BLM is political. It seems other countries see this as a human rights issue while some people here see it as political.

Probably a lot of overlap with the antivax and antimask people tbh.
    BLM has specific political objectives. Furthermore quite a few that can be categorized as extreme.

They are most reminisit of the 'Yellow Vest movement' in France.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM has specific political objectives. Furthermore quite a few that can be categorized as extreme.

I requested a few pieces of info about you and your contribution; Nothing to contribute?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I requested a few pieces of info about you and your contribution; Nothing to contribute?
    I am currently working thru the pandemic. I also don't attend protest and fuel civil unrest.

Those are my contributions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Go BLM !!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damm on Facebook he is getting slammed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am currently working thru the pandemic. I also don't attend protest and fuel civil unrest.

Those are my contributions
    You’re not real........ deflect it’s always the go to for all clowns! Nothing to see here.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks, my favorite little attention ��!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Police and criminal reform are objectives, independent of politics. That stuff gets politicized by others. Saying you want police reform isn't a political statement in and of itself.

Are you the one categorizing it as extreme? Because obviously you're a bit biased against anything relating to black people.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Police and criminal reform are objectives, independent of politics. That stuff gets politicized by others. Saying you want police reform isn't a political statement in and of itself.

Are you the one categorizing it as extreme? Because obviously you're a bit biased against anything relating to black people.
    BLM seeks economic and social change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russians dummy accounts tbh. Fake news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, if I handle my all will be fine? Note to self......... I expect better from you but I guess you just don’t get it.
    Well if you do everything else and don't handle your you definitely won't be fine. I've always believed in the old saying 'charity starts at home'. I do think that blacks are being used by the very people who at the top of the "movement". Nothing will change and if it does it's a forced deal and who want's to win by forfeit?
    Last edited by paperboy77; 07-30-2020 at 07:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM seeks economic and social change.
    How dare they ! Seriously, what's wrong with that??

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    that's because the only people who bother posting their stupid feelings on facebook comment sections are idiots and barely literate troglodytes like yourself

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How dare they ! Seriously, what's wrong with that??
    Nothing. Just makes them a political group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never saw it coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol right wing snowflakes
    This tbh.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's an insult. It's intended to be an insult.

Tell you what. Let's shift the subject to sucking s. Are you ignorant about what that is, or do you understand what it is and reject taking part in it? Then again, you may not reject it at all.

Don't try to play ing semantic games. I invented semantics. Gregg Popo is an insignificant old has-been, trying desperately to be relevant. He can't chew the leather as a coach anymore, and he's looking for another way to justify his existence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's an insult. It's intended to be an insult.

Tell you what. Let's shift the subject to sucking s. Are you ignorant about what that is, or do you understand what it is and reject taking part in it? Then again, you may not reject it at all.

Don't try to play ing semantic games. I invented semantics. Gregg Popo is an insignificant old has-been, trying desperately to be relevant. He can't chew the leather as a coach anymore, and he's looking for another way to justify his existence.
    Wow........ you really are brain dead. Thanks for clearing that up for the group

Thread Information