Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bland??? Disagree

While Harris said that she always opposed the death penalty and was put in the position of having to execute it as attorney general, Harris explicitly defended the death penalty in appealing a ruling from a judge who struck down California's capital punishment law as "uncons utional" while she was in the position of attorney general in 2014, as Reason's Elizabeth Nolan Brown noted on Twitter.

Judge Anne-Christine Masullo wrote in her decision that prosecutors “at the highest levels of the district attorney’s office knew that Madden was not a dependable witness at trial and that there were serious concerns regarding the crime lab.”

And the Wall Street Journal reported in June that Harris ignored staff recommendations back in 2005 urging her office to establish a defendants rights policy, known as the Brady doctrine, that would have mandated her staff to disclose such information to defendants.

Harris has denied being aware of the drug lab issues at the time and also noted that her office implemented a Brady policy after the drug lab scandal came to her attention. Her office dismissed an estimated 1,000 cases as a result.
    So because Kamala Harris was overzealous about asking for the death penalty, you’re going to vote for the in bent who’s justice department recently sought approval from a federal judge to start using the death penalty again and previously said the Central Park 5 (ultimately proven innocent) should have been given the death penalty? That doesn’t make any sense.

All of your criticisms of Harris in this post are valid, but Trump is just as bad as she is on these issues. Authoritiarian pokicies on criminal justice and incarceration are things both parties are in favor of. I’m in agreement with TGY, if you’re that bothered by the death penalty and our criminal justice system then you shouldn’t vote for either candidate. Either go 3rd party or don’t vote at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wont be Harris. She is just mentioned because she is black. She busted Biden's nuts in the debate for voting against busing and basically called him a racist. It's payback time, Biden's team won't forget it even if he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So because Kamala Harris was overzealous about asking for the death penalty, you’re going to vote for the in bent who’s justice department recently sought approval from a federal judge to start using the death penalty again and previously said the Central Park 5 (ultimately proven innocent) should have been given the death penalty? That doesn’t make any sense.

All of your criticisms of Harris in this post are valid, but Trump is just as bad as she is on these issues. Authoritiarian pokicies on criminal justice and incarceration are things both parties are in favor of. I’m in agreement with TGY, if you’re that bothered by the death penalty and our criminal justice system then you shouldn’t vote for either candidate. Either go 3rd party or don’t vote at all.
    Big difference is:
    - trump is honest on it
    - democrats would oppose trump criminal laws

Both above would be false under Kagala presidency

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bid3n would hav3 to pick a real progressive for me to support him)
    Yeah that makes sense and I sympathize with it. I by no means would like a Kamala VP pick, imo it’s another “safe” pick from an arrogant candidate who thinks he has the election won circa 2016.

What doesn’t make sense is saying you’d vote for Trump though. His justice department is just as bad as Kamala in terms of mass incarceration and failed criminal justice policies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that makes sense and I sympathize with it. I by no means would like a Kamala VP pick, imo it’s another “safe” pick from an arrogant candidate who thinks he has the election won circa 2016.

What doesn’t make sense is saying you’d vote for Trump though. His justice department is just as bad as Kamala in terms of mass incarceration and failed criminal justice policies.
    Her dirty record and blood on her hqnds would make me very scared for our nation.

Trump is a known evil. Kamala would be an unknown evil and a vengeful woman on top.

Id pick the known evil imho

I might be wrong but its my gut feeling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wont be Harris. She is just mentioned because she is black. She busted Biden's nuts in the debate for voting against busing and basically called him a racist. It's payback time, Biden's team won't forget it even if he does.
    Hope so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be a big plus to get kamala out of the senate, but i dont want her a heartbeat from the presidency. best case scenario if she's selected is that biden makes it through the full 4 years, decides not to run in 2024, and then harris loses there again, out of the picture.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It really is ing ridiculous that the Democrat candidate is a guy who won’t be mentally capable of running for a 2nd term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater, who is your *realistic* dream VP pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really is ing ridiculous that the Democrat candidate is a guy who won’t be mentally capable of running for a 2nd term.
    The goal is to have a guy who can actually beat Trump. Biden can resign the same day he takes the office as far as I'm concerned and Trump is no longer in the picture.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The goal is to have a guy who can actually beat Trump. Biden can resign the same day he takes the office as far as I'm concerned and Trump is no longer in the picture.
    Said every Hillary supporter 4 years ago.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Big difference is:
    - trump is honest on it
    - democrats would oppose trump criminal laws

Both above would be false under Kagala presidency
    This mindset makes no sense. “They’re both pieces of but at least Trump is honest about being a piece of !” Who ing cares, it makes no difference in terms of actual impact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said every Hillary supporter 4 years ago.
    4 years ago, there was an open seat for the presidency. No in becy, no history of dangerousness from previous potus, etc.

Good on you for *dinging* a but hillary on a thread she has no business being in.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    4 years ago, there was an open seat for the presidency. No in becy, no history of dangerousness from previous potus, etc.

Good on you for *dinging* a but hillary on a thread she has no business being in.
    Trump was favored against Jim Crow Joe prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. The fact Biden is now up in the polls isn’t a function of Biden running some great campaign or being a great candidate, it’s a function of Trump tripping over his own while killing 150,000 Americans and sending the country into a recession. Biden lucked out after COVID-19 gave him an excuse to sleep 15 hours a day like the old man he is while leading the most passive and sleepy campaign we’ve ever seen. Any candidate, from Bernie to Buttplug to Elena would have gotten the same bump in the polls Biden got after COVID-19, the only difference is those other candidates would actually have the energy to make appearances on the campaign trail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not mentally capable for his 1st term

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater, who is your *realistic* dream VP pick?
    Id take Pocahontqs in a millisecond

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He is not mentally capable for his 1st term
    He got really lucky COVID-19 hit and gave him an excuse to bunker down for the last 4 months rather than lead an active campaign where he has to travel and has to work instead of sleep 15 hours a day. His brain would be a scrambled egg by now if he was actively campaigning.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Way off.

Trump is garbage. But not near as bad as Kopmala/Biden ticket
    Disagree

Not hard to say you are better than the republican candidate. Not saying much. Even just marginally better and they run with it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed on all fronts, which is why the OP doesn’t make sense. Anyone claiming that a Kamala Harris VP selection will flip them from Biden to Trump is lying. There’s no significant ideological differences between Kamala and Biden.
    I really do believe black people might have revolted and not voted/for trump/third party if they did not pick a black woman as VP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was favored against Jim Crow Joe prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. The fact Biden is now up in the polls isn’t a function of Biden running some great campaign or being a great candidate, it’s a function of Trump tripping over his own while killing 150,000 Americans and sending the country into a recession. Biden lucked out after COVID-19 gave him an excuse to sleep 15 hours a day like the old man he is while leading the most passive and sleepy campaign we’ve ever seen. Any candidate, from Bernie to Buttplug to Elena would have gotten the same bump in the polls Biden got after COVID-19, the only difference is those other candidates would actually have the energy to make appearances on the campaign trail.
    Bull .

Biden has always led Trump in the polls pre virus.

Where are you getting your info from? Being favor is one thing, actually leading in polls in entirely another.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/national/

You have a hard time accepting reality. From uncle Tom Clyburn to a pandemic.

It couldn't possibly be because people like and think Biden would do a better job at presidenting. It has to be either or for you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nothing compared to some of the slander Hillary tried to pin on Obama in 08, and he still offered her a cushy seat in the cabinet.

I think he's picking her. I thought it was going to be Klob before everything happened

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I really do believe black people might have revolted and not voted/for trump/third party if they did not pick a black woman as VP.
    I think young black people aren’t going to vote regardless of who Biden picks. Young Hispanics also find Biden uninspiring, but they seem more politically engaged than younger blacks.

Of all the ways to inspire minority voter turnout and enthusiasm, putting a Delaware Dixiecrat who’s borderline comatose at the top of the ticket isn’t one of them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They'll fall in line. Black people love Biden cause he was Robin to the black war criminal president, who they absolutely love.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And the hispanic vote will fall in line, as well. Trump is too much of a boogeyman in the latino community

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll fall in line. Black people love Biden cause he was Robin to the black war criminal president, who they absolutely love.
    Im with my nig TGY

Trump is winning this save another major deblace

Thread Information