Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hi, we need your help

This pandemic that we are living through has affected countless lives. Not only are the constraints of limited capacity and the need of physical distancing working against theaters, but the lack of new movies to put on our screens leaves us lacking the offer of a great escape from this crazy reality. To say it is frustrating would be an understatement. Santikos led the charge and has worked for months to create safe physically distanced seating, implement new sanitation policies, and create health screening standards that have now been adopted across the country. Despite these efforts, and until the pandemic settles down, smaller movie theaters like Santikos will be supremely challenged to survive.

This message is meant to inform you and ask for your help. We feel it’s necessary to keep our loyal moviegoers informed of the urgent state of our movie theaters as we go through these uncertain times.

The COVID-19 pandemic has put movie theaters like ours at risk of going dark for good. From small independent screens to nationwide exhibitors, movie theaters employ over 150,000 people and have formed a cornerstone of the American experience for generations. Without swift action from Congress our theaters could close forever, depriving audiences of the magic of movies for years to come.

San Antonio, we are your theater! We solely exist to provide a lasting benefit to you, our community. We ask that you show your support to Congress by telling them you want them to take action to help us! Together, we can urge Congress to keep movie theaters alive until they can fully reopen.

Show your support to Congress by telling them you want them to take action to help us! It only takes a moment to fill out the pre-written form (make sure you get your zip code right and it will route to your appropriate elected officials). You can also help spread the word on social media with the hashtag #SaveYourCinema.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna miss them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake cuckboys and Chumpettes are to blame for going along w their hoax virus.

Civil disobedience is the way. Chumpettes are enablers to the New World Order. Imbeciles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congress should really look toward helping them out. They already helped stabilized the small business restaurants so it's time to redirect some dough this way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Civil disobedience is the way. Chumpettes are enablers to the New World Order. Imbeciles.
    what are your thoughts on strasserism?

cmon brah, mask off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Santikos naively thinks that Congress listens to citizens.

If Santikos wants a bailout from Congress, Santikos should band together all cimema operators and send $Ms to Congress, the ONLY message that Congress listens for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is it really though? Santikos and other movie theaters were struggling before any of this happened. Spending 50 bucks to see Transformers vs. Avengers 13 and get a soda and popcorn with your girl isn't appealing to most people these days. They'd rather see it at home for much less.

On the bright side, this could help bring back drive-ins which I'm all for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP to the new Crossroads /North Star Mall that is the Rim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP to the new Crossroads /North Star Mall that is the Rim
    what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really though? Santikos and other movie theaters were struggling before any of this happened. Spending 50 bucks to see Transformers vs. Avengers 13 and get a soda and popcorn with your girl isn't appealing to most people these days. They'd rather see it at home for much less.

On the bright side, this could help bring back drive-ins which I'm all for.
    Dunno, seemed to me that Santikos was booming before all this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno, seemed to me that Santikos was booming before all this.
    Definitely when the blockbusters drop but - anecdote here - they always seem dead the few times I've been recently. I'm not rooting against them. Certainly it's an experience you can't get anywhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake watches a lot of movies and cartoons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely when the blockbusters drop but - anecdote here - they always seem dead the few times I've been recently. I'm not rooting against them. Certainly it's an experience you can't get anywhere else.
    Yeah I'm just anecdoting too, mostly about Embassy and Palladium.

I haven't been to the super bowling alley/theater complex over near 1604/culebra, but I could have sworn they were getting ready to build another around Bulverde Rd/1604

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from theater employees being hurt, I wouldn't mind a crippling of the theater industry. Would cripple the profits of the pedophiles running Hollywood and the sycophant, spoiled-children society we live in would melt down. Eliminate sports and we have the greatest meltdown of all time.

How will the spoiled children of Murica live if they can't live vicariously thru the rich and famous?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly it's an experience you can't get anywhere else.
    No, you can get raped on food prices at places like Spurs games too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake watches a lot of movies and cartoons.
    What ty line of attack is this, bot?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these imbeciles are gonna want to commit suicide the day reality hits them in the face and regret not hearing our warnings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these imbeciles are gonna want to commit suicide the day reality hits them in the face and regret not hearing our warnings.
    Bro, why are the Koch bro pushing so hard for reopening?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from theater employees being hurt, I wouldn't mind a crippling of the theater industry. Would cripple the profits of the pedophiles running Hollywood and the sycophant, spoiled-children society we live in would melt down. Eliminate sports and we have the greatest meltdown of all time.

How will the spoiled children of Murica live if they can't live vicariously thru the rich and famous?
    Lots of books out there!

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is the food better than the piss you get at AMC? 10 dollars for a sandwich well below the quality of even Wendy's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a about theaters and low paying popcorn service jobs.

Progress makes them obsolete, we all have theaters in our homes now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a about theaters and low paying popcorn service jobs.

Progress makes them obsolete, we all have theaters in our homes now.
    How many people have Atmos in their homes? And a proper Atmos setup. None of this soundbar garbage that labels itself "atmos ready" or whatever. I'm a hi-fi nerd and most people really do have abysmal sound setups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like getting out and enjoying the theater experience. So do a lot of people or else they would have died in the 80s when VCRs became a thing.

Thread Information