Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why people are criticizing dejounte for being a poor point guard. He isn't one. He was drafted as a scoring guard and pop is attempting to mold him into something he isn't. Dejounte ceiling is Jamal Crawford with defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why people are criticizing dejounte for being a poor point guard. He isn't one. He was drafted as a scoring guard and pop is attempting to mold him into something he isn't. Dejounte ceiling is Jamal Crawford with defense
    Yeah, no. None of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJounte Murray is nothing like Jamal Crawford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been like 4 years and Murray still hasn’t shown any offensive growth. Him and demar are just stunting the growth of white Lonnie and keldon at this point. Just taking the ball out of their hands and not shooting

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It’s been like 4 years and Murray still hasn’t shown any offensive growth. Him and demar are just stunting the growth of white Lonnie and keldon at this point. Just taking the ball out of their hands and not shooting
    Murray had a horrible injury last year. This year is his first year back. It takes 2 Years to recover. Lets see next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Murray had a horrible injury last year. This year is his first year back. It takes 2 Years to recover. Lets see next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't take that long anymore. Nurkic's leg snapped in half and he's already back killing scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't take that long anymore. Nurkic's leg snapped in half and he's already back killing scrubs.
    pretty sure acl's are worse than a fracture. but idk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure acl's are worse than a fracture. but idk
    It's logical, but nonetheless guys are coming back sooner than ever from injuries that have historically sidelined or ended guys careers'.

How much time does DJ need to prove he's a competent PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man. That's horribly out of context. He played sparingly his first year, less than half the season as I remember. Played himself into a 2nd team all defensive team the second year and averaged about 9pts. Missed **all** of last year and was brought back *very* slowly this year for the first 1/3 of a shortened season. In many ways, you could consider this like his 2nd year, but no more than his 3rd, clearly. He was coming off a devastating injury and not allowed to showcase anything until about the last 25 games. He did have a really nice stretch offensively and his midrange game started to show some positive progress. His scoring was starting to be more consistent.

Point is, writing him off at this point is not only unfair but ignorant.

Also, don't we Spursfans need to be showing some loyalty and full support to players who are bought in to the Spurs like he is? He'll be fine. He just needs a bit of time to gel with these guys.

If there is any knock on him it's that his defense has seemingly dropped off some as he's worked on his offensive game. Also if possible he seems to care too much so that he gets upset at not making enough progress so he seems rough on himself at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man. That's horribly out of context. He played sparingly his first year, less than half the season as I remember. Played himself into a 2nd team all defensive team the second year and averaged about 9pts. Missed **all** of last year and was brought back *very* slowly this year for the first 1/3 of a shortened season. In many ways, you could consider this like his 2nd year, but no more than his 3rd, clearly. He was coming off a devastating injury and not allowed to showcase anything until about the last 25 games. He did have a really nice stretch offensively and his midrange game started to show some positive progress. His scoring was starting to be more consistent.

Point is, writing him off at this point is not only unfair but ignorant.

Also, don't we Spursfans need to be showing some loyalty and full support to players who are bought in to the Spurs like he is? He'll be fine. He just needs a bit of time to gel with these guys.

If there is any knock on him it's that his defense has seemingly dropped off some as he's worked on his offensive game. Also if possible he seems to care too much so that he gets upset at not making enough progress so he seems rough on himself at times.
    Its more "fun" for people to trash their own team and get a reaction from others. Its an orgasm for some of these people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has not shown any ap ude in being able to be a decision making point guard.
    White hugely outperforms him in this aspect.
    I think Murray not smart enough.
    He needs to be a 2 guard and I would not hesitate to get back something good for him in a trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don’t understand why Poop is trying to make him a PG he should have been a SG from day one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don’t understand why Poop is trying to make him a PG he should have been a SG from day one.
    Does he strike you as a 2, SG?

He's far, far more effective with the ball in his hands. And his midrange game has shown marked improvement. , in time he might be OK as a SG because he started hitting some 3s later in the season before it was suspended. But pitting him in that spot now handicaps his development.

Thread Information