Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Duncan would still be effective but whatever offensive edge he had over KG is gone in this era. No post ups. KG would shoot 3's. KG is just as good of a rim protector as Duncan and he can also SWITCH onto smaller guards without issue. Duncan would actually require a bit of scheming to be as effective of a defender. But yeah, Garnett would fit onto any team without issue. Both would of course play C.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't know...Tim was pretty spry when he first came into the league. And he had a jumper so i think he'd develop a 3 point shot fairly quickly. Plus their basketball I.Q.'s are not even comparable as Tim blows him away in that department.

I do think Tim's career is cut short in this era though and KG still lasts 2 decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize KG came into the league at 18 years old and sucked his rookie year....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone doesn't remember how mobile and skilled young TD was. He could close out and hit the outside jumper. He would just be moved over to center full-time sooner, and dominate there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not factoring in one thing: Garnett shrinks in the big moments, and Tim shines. That's true regardless of era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan would still be effective but whatever offensive edge he had over KG is gone in this era. No post ups. KG would shoot 3's. KG is just as good of a rim protector as Duncan and he can also SWITCH onto smaller guards without issue. Duncan would actually require a bit of scheming to be as effective of a defender.
    Less post ups doesn't mean no post ups. And I still remember Duncan picking Lebrons pocket at mid court in the Finals.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't know...Tim was pretty spry when he first came into the league. And he had a jumper so i think he'd develop a 3 point shot fairly quickly. Plus their basketball I.Q.'s are not even comparable as Tim blows him away in that department.

I do think Tim's career is cut short in this era though and KG still lasts 2 decades.
    Why Duncan's I.Q. blows KG's? I think they're equal

Still Duncan>Garnett regardless of era

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Joel “No Knees” Olajuwon literally dominates games when he isn’t ing around & he doesn’t even have as good a footwork or B-ball IQ.

KG was nothing more than a taller Draymond with Vucevic’s
    offensive skills, tbh.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 07-30-2020 at 01:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Premise of OP is not fully thought out - Garnett was a decent all around player while TD top 7 ever and he would thrive any era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, fail thread.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's soft NBA would turn HOF careers into Boban careers.

Just to name some:

1. Moses Malone
    2. Robert Parish
    3. Dave Cowens
    4. Patrick Ewing
    5. Hakeem Olajuwon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG's game was better suited for today's NBA, no doubt. beautiful game version of duncan, with the youth of his prime would have been just fine tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan would be great in this era. His post up game would still be unstoppable. Look at how unstoppable Jokic is in the post. He's the only current big man I see that can actually back down guys in the post in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're fishing, Manu >>>> Doncic > Dirk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s pretty safe to say that Doncic is the greatest Mav player of all time

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at them all at what they did til 21, Doncic is a god compared to those two. especially Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at them all at what they did til 21, Doncic is a god compared to those two. especially Manu.
    meh Manu was 3x Italian champ, Euroleague champ and Euroleague MVP at 23, did it on a relatively modest ballclub... and, he wasn't even born in Europe...

Not taking anything away from Doncic, but playing on the hype machine that's Real Madrid certainly helped raise his stock, tbh... not to mention the NBA doesn't see Euro guards as weaklings anymore...

He's young though, hopefully he can join up with a superstar, and win some rings.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh Manu was 3x Italian champ, Euroleague champ and Euroleague MVP at 23, did it on a relatively modest ballclub... and, he wasn't even born in Europe...

Not taking anything away from Doncic, but playing on the hype machine that's Real Madrid certainly helped raise his stock, tbh... not to mention the NBA doesn't see Euro guards as weaklings anymore...

He's young though, hopefully he can join up with a superstar, and win some rings.
    Luka was a 3X Spanish league champ, Spanish league MVP, Euroleague champ, Euroleague MVP and Final 4 MVP and European champion by 19. Ohh and Kinder Bologna was by far the best club in Europe when Manu was there. I remember them very well. From 97 - 02 they were Euroleague champs twice and finished 2nd 3 times.

A lot of players go to Real Madrid at 13 from all over the world, but you have to be very special to stay there. Luka was one of the best young player that ever played in Spain and at 18 he was the best player in Europe. NBA also probably thought he was too slow for a guard and I think most teams wanted to play him at the 2 or as a forward. Thats probably the reason 2 re ed teams passed on him.

Manu is my fave player of all time, but Luka so far has been on another level.

btw, manu was not a 3X Italian champ. Just one time.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 07-31-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    garnett

we not done with this ish yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was a 3X Spanish league champ, Spanish league MVP, Euroleague champ, Euroleague MVP and Final 4 MVP and European champion by 19. Ohh and Kinder Bologna was by far the best club in Europe when Manu was there. I remember them very well. From 97 - 02 they were Euroleague champs twice and finished 2nd 3 times.

A lot of players go to Real Madrid at 13 from all over the world, but you have to be very special to stay there. Luka was one of the best young player that ever played in Spain and at 18 he was the best player in Europe. NBA also probably thought he was too slow for a guard and I think most teams wanted to play him at the 2 or as a forward. Thats probably the reason 2 re ed teams passed on him.

Manu is my fave player of all time, but Luka so far has been on another level.

btw, manu was not a 3X Italian champ. Just one time.
    I messed up, he was 3x Italian league All Star... (1999, 2000, 2001)

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Really, man? I hope. You're joking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, man? I hope. You're joking.
    Have you met Nono? Lol

As for this thread, maybe he would've been...maybe not. If we're playing pretend, what if Timmy never tears his meniscus in year 3, the injury that led to his bum knee later on? He would've been more explosive in his prime and even better later in his career.

For a taste of what Timmy would've done against small ball in today's NBA, look at his performance against the 2005 and 2007 Sun's. Spoiler alert: he destroyed them, and the Spurs won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a choke by Doncic against the Rockets... smh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw KG deferring to Wally Szczerbiak or whoever in critical moments. He just didn't seem to know when to take over games. Players like Duncan and Bird were playing chess while everybody else was out there playing checkers.

Why Duncan's I.Q. blows KG's? I think they're equal

Still Duncan>Garnett regardless of era

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We cant stop anyone, though. Might as well pull Don Nelson off his couch and let him run and fun with this squad.

What a choke by Doncic against the Rockets... smh

Thread Information