Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s not about the flag then why make it about the flag?

why not just protest at the specific police departments that people have issues with? If it’s about police brutality.

It’s liking egging Methodist churches in protest about animal cruelty. You can say it’s not about Methodist churches and it’s about animal cruelty all you want to but the Methodist churches are going to be upset, think you have something against them, and rightfully so. “It’s not about the flag” is a bull argument when your protest action is against the flag.

Trump made it about disrespecting the flag. Kap kneeled after being advised to do so by members of the military.

Mass grassroots protests popped up in dozens of cities afterward Floyd's death, their trying to send a message about the state of policing in the country. Not sure why that isn't apparent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other country can the black athlete make what he
    makes in the nba ?
    English Premier League and La Liga stars make more than NBA stars do, and some of them are black.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    English Premier League and La Liga stars make more than NBA stars do, and some of them are black.
    EPL, yes.

By OP's standards, Spain is racist.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trump made it about disrespecting the flag. Kap kneeled after being advised to do so by members of the military.

Mass grassroots protests popped up in dozens of cities afterward Floyd's death, their trying to send a message about the state of policing in the country. Not sure why that isn't apparent.
    Then they did a poor job staying on topic. The more issues (systematic change, confederate statues, european explorers) they tacked on the more support they lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops kill more unarmed whites then blacks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops kill more unarmed whites then blacks
    Black men make up 6% of the population, they make up 25% of unarmed people killed by the police. Thus blacks get killed at 3x the rate of white people by the police.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then they did a poor job staying on topic. The more issues (systematic change, confederate statues, european explorers) they tacked on the more support they lost.
    Lol, no. It expanded and evolved as the movement go bigger. Actually makes plenty of sense. BTW, BLM's support is sky high at 63%, it was 25% following Ferguson.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/63-s...ry?id=71779435

For reference, Trump's approval rating is 41%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s/?cid=rrpromo

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lol, no. It expanded and evolved as the movement go bigger. Actually makes plenty of sense. BTW, BLM's support is sky high at 63%, it was 25% following Ferguson.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/63-s...ry?id=71779435

For reference, Trump's approval rating is 41%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s/?cid=rrpromo
    I am aware of these figures. Which have already declined in the past month. If the movement focused on just police brutality it would be hovering at 90% and actual change could occur. Instead they've managed to get some streets, basketball courts painted and took down some statues of dead guys

If Biden wins the election look for those numbers to plummet as Orange Man's Administration will no longer be a scapegoat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am aware of these figures. Which have already declined in the past month. If the movement focused on just police brutality it would be hovering at 90% and actual change could occur. Instead they've managed to get some streets, basketball courts painted and took down some statues of dead guys

If Biden wins the election look for those numbers to plummet as Orange Man's Administration will no longer be a scapegoat.
    Not sure where you got 90% but its actually risen. It was at 53% in early July IIRC. Trump is actually making them more popular, his response to the Portland protest didn't exactly go over well.

If Biden wins, then that means they probably win the senate too. That means big police reforms and a beefed up justice department. Police won't be able to get away with the same anymore so the protests will have actually resulted in major changes.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hating our country is part of their ideology. At the street level their ideology results in idiots attacking people for carrying flags or having an opposing opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They say they’re protesting police brutality but yet are protesting a federal symbol. Police are state and city run so they should be protesting state flags and state capitols and city halls. When they protest the flag and anthem they are insulting the military...not the police. I’m in the military. I am not a fan politically of POTUS. But mostly everyone that is upset about the insults to the flag and anthem are not mad just because trump says so. Not sure why that isn’t apparent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it is literally not about the flag, moron. If everyone was forced to prostrate themselves before the government in front of a t-shirt rather than a flag, they would be kneeling in front of a t-shirt and not a flag. This fake obtuseness is part of what I'm talking about.

Again, YOU don't give a about a flag and neither do any of the other pretenders.
    This is an incredibly ignorant and illogical post. Clearly you don’t understand who runs and controls police departments. It’s not the federal government. If you are protesting the police, protesting the federal government is the wrong en y.

also I’m in the military and have sacrificed a lot for that flag. So yes, I care deeply about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They say they’re protesting police brutality but yet are protesting a federal symbol. Police are state and city run so they should be protesting state flags and state capitols and city halls. When they protest the flag and anthem they are insulting the military...not the police. I’m in the military. I am not a fan politically of POTUS. But mostly everyone that is upset about the insults to the flag and anthem are not mad just because trump says so. Not sure why that isn’t apparent.

The police essentially have immunity to do whatever, with virtually no repercussions. That was allowed to happen in America, its completely fair for people to be pissed at their own country. Protesting the state of the country isn't insulting the military, that logic doesn't track. Also taking a knee doesn't insult the military, that also doesn't track.

Plenty of people in the military have voiced support for taking a knee or the protests, especially black members of the military. Their voices have been drowned out by a vocal minority, including Trump who has tried to change the narrative. People also intentionally ignore the fact that Kap took a knee, instead of sitting on the bench, after taking members of the military's advice. They gave him that idea.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an incredibly ignorant and illogical post. Clearly you don’t understand who runs and controls police departments. It’s not the federal government. If you are protesting the police, protesting the federal government is the wrong en y.

also I’m in the military and have sacrificed a lot for that flag. So yes, I care deeply about it.
    Nope. The problem is national scale and requires national attention.

As for the flag and the military, I'm gonna be more blasphemous than I've been so far:

Did you just need direction or another option coming out of high school?

People that "care about the flag" are about the people and just flat out heroic or just needed someone to tell them what to do coming out of high school. I can understand your emotional investment in the symbol of the government, one has got to be invested in the one's choices after all, but was it out of a love for people or a lack of direction in life?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other country can a black man go for a jog and end up being chased and killed by three men. Or have a cop kneel on a black man's neck for 8:46 while handcuffed. Or have a black woman shot 8 times while sleeping?
    Events like this can happen in any country. The difference here is that we arrest & prosecute those who commit these crimes to the extent allowed by law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Events like this can happen in any country. The difference here is that we arrest & prosecute those who commit these crimes to the extent allowed by law.
    Do we? I think it varies wildly in the U.S. The people who shot the women 8 times while sleeping are still free three months later. The people who killed the guy who went jogging, wouldn't have been charged had one of them not filmed them chasing and eventually killing him.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

luv u ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. The problem is national scale and requires national attention.As for the flag and the military, I'm gonna be more blasphemous than I've been so farid you just need direction or another option coming out of high school?People that "care about the flag" are about the people and just flat out heroic or just needed someone to tell them what to do coming out of high school. I can understand your emotional investment in the symbol of the government, one has got to be invested in the one's choices after all, but was it out of a love for people or a lack of direction in life?
    Didn’t need direction or another option. With what I do and the degrees I have, I would actually make more money if I didn’t work for Uncle Sam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The police essentially have immunity to do whatever, with virtually no repercussions. That was allowed to happen in America, its completely fair for people to be pissed at their own country. Protesting the state of the country isn't insulting the military, that logic doesn't track. Also taking a knee doesn't insult the military, that also doesn't track.

Plenty of people in the military have voiced support for taking a knee or the protests, especially black members of the military. Their voices have been drowned out by a vocal minority, including Trump who has tried to change the narrative. People also intentionally ignore the fact that Kap took a knee, instead of sitting on the bench, after taking members of the military's advice. They gave him that idea.
    I am aware of kap’s story and that some of the military are cool with it. But the “military“ didn’t give him the idea. Current military and veterans are very diverse and come from all over the country and have differing political views. Just because one or a handful say something doesn’t mean that a majority are for it. And I am just an individual giving my thoughts on it. I will say that there are a lot of non-republicans and also republicans in the military that would like the athletes to choose a different way of protest. They understand and individuals right to protest but would prefer a different method. The flag and anthem is near and dear to our hearts.

basically, those that are against it are not against it because Trump says so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am aware of kap’s story and that some of the military are cool with it. But the “military“ didn’t give him the idea. Current military and veterans are very diverse and come from all over the country and have differing political views. Just because one or a handful say something doesn’t mean that a majority are for it. And I am just an individual giving my thoughts on it. I will say that there are a lot of non-republicans and also republicans in the military that would like the athletes to choose a different way of protest. They understand and individuals right to protest but would prefer a different method. The flag and anthem is near and dear to our hearts.basically, those that are against it are not against it because Trump says so.
    My issue is protesting the anthem doesn't mean that they are disrespecting the military, that feels like a random complaint that people have made about Kap and kneeling.No matter what Kap did people would've complained that he was going about it the wrong way.It's about protesting how minorites are mistreated in the country. The backlash kinda proved Kap right, even before the protests started.

Thread Information