Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But on the upward flap, I’m rotating my palms out.
    Then you just changed the equation. You could probably fly across a river but not a lake.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OP, are you going to be wearing you Beats Max Pro headphones during this exercise? If they're the wired version, make sure to unplug before trying to fly, tbh...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

So the arm to hand doesn't have different shapes and flapping doesn't create air movement over the surfaces, so birds never get into the air via thrust, flapping their wings is useless and they only "fly" because of what you described. All else is fraud.

You're like a 1st year physics student fixated on terminology and blind to common sense.

Bowling ball/marble means if you're standing on the ground already. Heavier objects require more thrust to take off ergo more affected by gravity. Everyone knows 1st year physics (9th grade actually) so your physics ciphering doesn't impress.

You're a dumb ass. Pretty certain you're OCD and most likely bipolar.
    "You're like a 1st year physics student fixated on terminology and blind to common sense." I am using the terms as they are used in physics.
    You are the one relying on common sense that is actually not common sense as proven from experiments already mentioned.

Take birds first that dont fly well:
    What do they do? Jump from a high point and then create lift because their wings have the ability to position themselves in which air flows over the top of the wing faster than the bottom creating lift. Take ducks taking off from ponds. The create "lift" fowardly in a complex stroke and then when they gain enough forward or horizontal speed theychange the orientation and shape tocreate real UPWARDS lift and can fly very long distances while gently balancing the upward lift against gravity to maintain a steady al ude.

Thrust is actually pushing mass backwards (exhaust gas) which by law the law of conservation of momentum drives the body of a jet forward or a rocket up.

Please keep going and proving the board you are a dumbass while calling me bipolar and OCD.
    And wtf happen Ms Crutchfield, how come you can understand me now?
    I dont need to google this , but if YOU did, you would stop. And you probably have which is why you descended into embarrassment which is understandable.

please Continue the fake . Just pull stuff out your ass, Im enjoying it.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-01-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    But on the upward flap, I’m rotating my palms out.
    Go to a cliff.
    Jump.
    Then position your hands in a cambered position, think of a glider with its top surface bulged out and the bottom more in.
    Hope air flows faster over the top portion of your hand compared to the bottom.

If you have done all of the above and still crash down, you need much bigger hands, which you would.
    Go back up and try again with larger hands. Or maybe use a hang glider.
    And you really want to just give up on the flapping stuff thats quite difficult and uses tons of energy.
    Dream of gliding smoothly, not flapping.

DMC will explain how airplanes flap their wings as the plane gains speed down the runway. Then he will tell you how the airplanes stop flapping their wings and just gently glide up. We have all seen airplanes flapping their wings. , thats half the fun of flying. Then ask him about helicopters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Please keep this thread alive DMC.

You are looking pretty.
    Believe in yourself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That was one of the cooler things I learned in early physics. That a feather and bowling ball would hit the ground at the same time if dropped from the same height in a vacuum.

Also that regardless of lateral speed, gravity has the same effect. Can’t remember the exact law. But a bullet shot from a gun would hit the ground the same time as a dropped bullet. Assuming the gun was parallel to the ground. I suppose that would have to be in a vacuum to be exact.
    Exactly.
    Just because you fire a bullet horizontally at a high speed, gravity does not all of the sudden just turn off. "Oh, that bulletis going too fast, I cant act on it" says the EArth. NO.
    And yes air is a big problem, but the the experiment was actually very well done on the old show Mythbusters in I believe, in an airplane hangar.

But now here is the genius of Newton: He had already figured out this rule and he knew the Earth was round (unlike TGY). So theoretically if you could fire a bullet horizontally from a height on the round earth the faster you could shoot the bullet you would eventually reach a speed where it would never hit the Earth and just fall around it (again leaving out air as it becomes a very strong restive force at high speeds). We call this an orbit. Its fckn cool by my reckoning. These guys who thought all of this stuff hundreds of years back were amazing. We got people on the board that still cant understand what they did and they are living now. They got NASA to explain it all to them, but no... Common sense rules, whateverthefck that means. As the above makes more sense to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "You're like a 1st year physics student fixated on terminology and blind to common sense." I am using the terms as they are used in physics.
    You are the one relying on common sense that is actually not common sense as proven from experiments already mentioned.

Take birds first that dont fly well:
    What do they do? Jump from a high point and then create lift because their wings have the ability to position themselves in which air flows over the top of the wing faster than the bottom creating lift. Take ducks taking off from ponds. The create "lift" fowardly in a complex stroke and then when they gain enough forward or horizontal speed theychange the orientation and shape tocreate real UPWARDS lift and can fly very long distances while gently balancing the upward lift against gravity to maintain a steady al ude.

Thrust is actually pushing mass backwards (exhaust gas) which by law the law of conservation of momentum drives the body of a jet forward or a rocket up.
    Jesus dude, you're like RG with the entry level math . So ducks take flight by creating lift by what? Flapping their wings! Way to kick your own ass.

Wait, or is it that they wait for a strong wind to create lift and off they go, since flapping doesn't work.
    Please keep going and proving the board you are a dumbass while calling me bipolar and OCD.
    And wtf happen Ms Crutchfield, how come you can understand me now?
    I dont need to google this , but if YOU did, you would stop. And you probably have which is why you descended into embarrassment which is understandable.
    Pretty sure the sane on the board (loose term around here) know this is a satire thread. You're the only one tweaking off about rudimentary physics.
    please Continue the fake . Just pull stuff out your ass, Im enjoying it.
    You forgot the apostrophe in your "Im". It should be "I'm".

internet physics warrior

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Go to a cliff.
    Jump.
    Then position your hands in a cambered position, think of a glider with its top surface bulged out and the bottom more in.
    Hope air flows faster over the top portion of your hand compared to the bottom.

If you have done all of the above and still crash down, you need much bigger hands, which you would.
    Go back up and try again with larger hands. Or maybe use a hang glider.
    And you really want to just give up on the flapping stuff thats quite difficult and uses tons of energy.
    Dream of gliding smoothly, not flapping.

DMC will explain how airplanes flap their wings as the plane gains speed down the runway. Then he will tell you how the airplanes stop flapping their wings and just gently glide up. We have all seen airplanes flapping their wings. , thats half the fun of flying. Then ask him about helicopters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Jesus dude, you're like RG with the entry level math . So ducks take flight by creating lift by what? Flapping their wings! Way to kick your own ass.

Wait, or is it that they wait for a strong wind to create lift and off they go, since flapping doesn't work.

Pretty sure the sane on the board (loose term around here) know this is a satire thread. You're the only one tweaking off about rudimentary physics.

You forgot the apostrophe in your "Im". It should be "I'm".

internet physics warrior
    You can create "lift" in ANY direction dumbass if you can change the orientation of a wing AND have air running over the wing at different speeds.
    The only thing flapping does is run air over a wing that can change shape. It does not create an upward and downward force that cancel each other as you stated dumbass.

Ms. Crutchfield is back!
    Im sure she is... Lose an argument in a painful fashion, default to spelling or anything else.

You saying SF6 flapping his arms would create upward and downward forces was idiotic.
    Now you go into denial and distortion of what I have said, this is typical.
    Im not a physicist. But its painfully obvious I understand science a of a lot better than you do.

And you have the gall to call me an internet warrior... oh Crutchfield, bend over and bark like a dog.

Keep going with this physics stuff though please.
    Teach us your common sense.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-01-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Cool picture though, I just saw it.

I will now edit the above (underline) and show you exactly what I said about what you just showed.
    And because you found this, I know you looked up the other stupid stuff you said, and what I said...
    And then you tapped out.
    Especially on the gravity stuff which was a blatant misunderstanding you had/have.

And try to concentrate on the bolded above.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe you could get work as a drone.
    With ad sponsorship.

Like Jergens.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Flapping is the wrong way to go about it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Flapping is the wrong way to go about it

Uh...she's not getting any lift. So...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh, I think her red with golden boob holders top is serving its purpose.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh, I think her red with golden boob holders top is serving its purpose.
    Ha. Low key funny. 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ha. Low key funny. 8/10
    bend over and I'll have you singing High key funny.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bend over and I'll have you singing High key funny.
    2 joke average of 4/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    2 joke average of 4/10
    Dammit.

The overuse of the "bend over" line sealed my expected demise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dammit.

The overuse of the "bend over" line sealed my expected demise.
    If you were going to use it, the best spot was....

Bend over, I'll give you some ing lift.

But then it wouldn't have allowed your first joke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If you were going to use it, the best spot was....

Bend over, I'll give you some ing lift.

But then it wouldn't have allowed your first joke.
    Delivery, timing, cadence, intonation, its all too much for me via this medium of communication.
    I do find myself wanting to use the word plow though.
    And plow just does not fit with the theme of your desire to become aerodynamic.

... while moving your arms.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Delivery, timing, cadence, intonation, its all too much for me via this medium of communication.
    I do find myself wanting to use the word plow though.
    And plow just does not fit with the theme of your desire to become aerodynamic.

... while moving your arms.
    I guess you could endeavor to create your own signature line using, "plow".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I guess you could endeavor to create your own signature line using, "plow".
    btw you do realize you gave me a 0/10 for the bend over joke, that’s extraordinarily harsh imo. I may have to ask for a formal inquiry.

Im not sure how to property pe ion the most honorable panel though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    SF6

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLi...67644263014400

I don’t do the embed tweet things so I would like you to watch this and if it is not at least
    9 .5 out of 10 I’m gonna have to ask you to step down as chairman
    of humor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    btw you do realize you gave me a 0/10 for the bend over joke, that’s extraordinarily harsh imo. I may have to ask for a formal inquiry.

Im not sure how to property pe ion the most honorable panel though.
    Yeah...I totally get the math.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    a fckn zero...

christ.

Thread Information