Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you'll see a lot of resting this year, what with the covid break. Rather, I think teams are going to play their best players, to knock off the rust as much as possible.
    Teams will still be jockeying for seeding outside of Milwaukee and the Lakers. None of the teams play the Lakers. Memphis does play Milwaukee, who will likely have things locked up.

Portland gets to play the corpse of the Nets to finish the season, which should basically be a guaranteed W (especially if Washington falls away and doesn’t even make the play-in).

Spurs play New Orleans pretty late, and if they go on a losing streak could have fallen out of it by then. Or it could be do or die.

Plus this. Not a typical season where rest is as beneficial. Maybe reduced minutes, but players are working their way back into shape and rebuilding chemistry on court.
    I think teams especially higher seeds are still going to be cautious with possible soft tissue type injuries before the playoffs. There will still be positioning for match ups in these 8 games as well even though there isn't home court advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you but... which one are you referring to? Bryn, Patty, Mills or Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes!

Didnt want to sit out since he knows he'll get exposed as the worst perimeter player on the league but Pop forced him to. Even Q is already a much better option. Wombat is sitting out too. I dont dislike him as much, but still that means no midgets who cant defend. We got this, imo.
    fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heck why not! Let me sign in.
    Nah FOH. Go root for Memphis and their overpaid wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty coming off the bench last (except Zeller) seems to follow that Pop is focusing more on defense and athleticism over hurried offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty coming off the bench last (except Zeller) seems to follow that Pop is focusing more on defense and athleticism over hurried offense.
    Could it also be conditioning, as this is his first game back? Gay and Eubanks were going to get more playing time than him given lack of size otherwise plus Poeltl foul trouble. I’m okay with Patty playing ~20 minutes per game. Not a good defender, but nowhere near as bad as the likes of Forbes (not a bad team defender).

Poeltl has been really good, but Spurs really need him to be out there for 30 mpg. Absolutely thrashed yesterday with Eubanks out there against lineups able to attack the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could it also be conditioning, as this is his first game back? Gay and Eubanks were going to get more playing time than him given lack of size otherwise plus Poeltl foul trouble. I’m okay with Patty playing ~20 minutes per game. Not a good defender, but nowhere near as bad as the likes of Forbes (not a bad team defender).
    I hope you’re wrong. I don’t dislike Patty’s game as much than Belli/Brynn’s. He at least draws charges and get’s quick points, but that’s the limit of his role on this new look Spurs. I’m sure Pop might be tempted to use him for veteran presense to calm down some. But I really think Derek has that ability now, to settle things down and set that half court offense. I think it would just help to let thus core figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew Eubanks is a 2 way player and I believe that means he cannot play in the post season. Can he even play in the "play in tournament"?

If the Spurs manage to make the playoffs is there a way they can sign Drew Eubanks to a small deal to keep him on the roster? It's going to be tough with only Peoltle and Rudy at the 5, especially against playoff caliber opponents.

While Drew is not crucial to the team he makes a nice backup center for Peoltle and the group seems comfortable playing with him since he has been around a while and has big minutes with many of the young guys getting big playing time now from the G league. Its also nice to have someone big and athletic and relatively unknown who can surprise opponents and keep Rudy from playing the 5 too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew Eubanks is a 2 way player and I believe that means he cannot play in the post season. Can he even play in the "play in tournament"?

If the Spurs manage to make the playoffs is there a way they can sign Drew Eubanks to a small deal to keep him on the roster? It's going to be tough with only Peoltle and Rudy at the 5, especially against playoff caliber opponents.

While Drew is not crucial to the team he makes a nice backup center for Peoltle and the group seems comfortable playing with him since he has been around a while and has big minutes with many of the young guys getting big playing time now from the G league. Its also nice to have someone big and athletic and relatively unknown who can surprise opponents and keep Rudy from playing the 5 too much.
    Yup we need Ewwbanks to stop LeBraun and Dabeast in the 1st round

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I figure that's at least part of the reasoning behind the Zeller signing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve gone back and forth on this. Might as well make the playoffs and get the streak. The FO won’t make the right offseason moves and will likely make a bad pick in the draft. This team will likely be bad for years to come. So get the streak I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah FOH. Go root for Memphis and their overpaid wing.
    that's cold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure that's at least part of the reasoning behind the Zeller signing...
    I get that but he doesn't fit with the young core we are playing. Part of why this is working is because Peoltl has good defense and is a decent rim protector. Zeller isn't known for good defense AT ALL and is a borderline terrible rim protector who only has in inside shot. What good is that in today's NBA?

At least Eubanks has played significant minutes with the young core. Id much rather have an athletic Eubanks guarding opposing bigs than Zeller tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bandwagon es are back Go Spurs Go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOIIIIIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positionless basketball. I've been asking for this for years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positionless yes but undersized in 3 positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To bad it took Pop until the end to use the roster that we have all been wanting all year for....50 win team TBH

What could have been...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positionless yes but undersized in 3 positions
    Yeah, it's not ideal but it's better than what we have been doing. All our guards might be a bit undersized but they all play bigger than they are and we no longer have midget defensive liabilities getting wrecked out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A perfect scenario for next season would be getting 2 or 3 6'8"/6'9" ish forwards and insert them into the rotation.

One of Murray, White or Walker goes back to the bench (but still getting plenty of minutes) while we insert that long forward to stabilize the rotation.

White
    Walker
    DeRozan
    6'9" guy (Bertans )
    Poeltl

Murray
    Johnson
    6'9" guy (Bertans )
    Backup center

I'm on the fence about DeRozan. I was 99% of the season asking him to not get resigned but I fear he might be a necessary evil next season to remain compe ive during the regular season while the young guys gain more experience. I could do with 1 more season of him. He probably won't accept a 1 year deal though.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a losing record. Congratu inglations.

2/3 of SpursTalk could have made better personnel decisions than Pop for the last three seasons (at least). There are a bunch of young guys who could have had a solid year or two of experience under their belts. But, hey... maybe The Streak will remain intact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont disagree. He sucks so ing much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To bad it took Pop until the end to use the roster that we have all been wanting all year for....50 win team TBH

What could have been...
    why do I feel like nothing was learned by Pop and we're going to be left scratching our heads next year too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do I feel like nothing was learned by Pop and we're going to be left scratching our heads next year too
    We let Bertans go for the guy on your avatar.

Thread Information