Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling it now. We have finally gotten rid of that annoying, make-a-wish, charity case g-leaguer.

We're back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe spur players might want out before then
    No sex !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heck why not! Let me sign in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes: 0 mins

Spurs: win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Forbeskin, Patricia and Meco Belinilli we might have a chance. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, but at least we get to watch the players we've been wanting to see since training camp.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall gonna be mad as when Patty and Bryn come back and get their combined 60 minutes per game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, but at least we get to watch the players we've been wanting to see since training camp.
    Agreed. The team is more exciting with all these young athletic guys getting to play together. I will just enjoy these next several games watching these young guys.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite an indictment of the absolute coaching from earlier this year. I'm not convinced we've seen the last of Forbes, however

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs live matters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs live matters.
    They matter until the regular season is over.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Calling it now. We have finally gotten rid of that annoying, make-a-wish, charity case g-leaguer.

We're back
    Please Dear God lets make it so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They matter until the regular season is over.
    I don't give a son. I sign getting skunked on the 1st round. It's all.about that record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Forbes out for the season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Forbes out for the season?
    Yes!

Didnt want to sit out since he knows he'll get exposed as the worst perimeter player on the roster but Pop forced him to. Even Q is already a much better option. Wombat is sitting out too. I dont dislike him as much, but still that means no midgets who cant defend. We got this, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why no patty thrills?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been growing more and more convinced with each scrimmage and game, that the Spurs might actually have a chance to at least fight for the 8th spot, making the play-in tournament. At first I was extremely skeptic of Pop's comments on focusing on development, but tbh, he's kept his word, even when he got back on the helm in yesterday's game, and could've easily reverted back to the more "traditional" rotations he used throughout the season. Yet we still got the young trio starting, with every youngster playing 25+m except for DJ who was in foul trouble. I am also not buying Forbes' "injury" - at least not buying the part where it's serious enough to already have him ruled out of the season. There was a tweet yesterday of Forbes feeling like playing, and Pop actively telling him to step down - of course, we'd be naive to think Pop has completely dismissed Forbes, and the Spurs are probably going to at least extend a moderate offer to him this off-season, but it's a good sign that at least he's not seen as a part of the "core". Considering this will be the first stretch of games Forbes won't be starting in more than two years (I threw up a little in my mouth writing that), I'll take it.

We're really on the hands of the youngsters now. They played some damn good offense yesterday, whilst defense was suspect at times - and it remains to be seen how they'll adapt to bigger lineups, since we don't have the personnel to play much things besides small ball. But DeMar racking up double the assists than he had points by halftime yesterday, is definitely the kind of way the Spurs want to be playing to maximize their chances. For all the hate DeRozan gets, he's quite a good playmaker and passer, and his midrange, driving and rim efficiency always make him a good creator, if nothing else, as a drive-and-kick player. The question relies on how much can the youngins capitalize on this. Dejounte is still extremely hesitant to shoot. I was surprised to see Quinndary be gun-shy as well, given his reputation as a shooter in college. But White, Lonnie and Keldon were happy to let it fly when they got the chance, and the three of them are also taking it to the rim at a much higher rate than I ever saw them do pre-COVID. In fact, hasn't Lonnie gotten double digit points in every scrimmage, and yesterday's game? He's slowly becoming a more consistent offensive threat, which we'll sorely need if there's any hope that DeRozan gets off the team this offseason.

I don't really think our personnel is enough to make any more noise than scraping by into the playoffs, to get pummeled by the Lakers. But I'll take that experience (and streak!) any day, over a mid-pick in a supposedly weak draft. The Spurs are probably looking at a tanking job next season, especially if they manage to ship out one of DD/LMA, so there'll be time for lottery picking. And besides, rooting for this team to win once again just plain feels good. Let's get it... I'm cautiously optimistic.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Forbes and Mills will play again. And it'll all be all.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They played one of the easier teams on the schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You god damn right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing that might be the deciding factor is which of Spurs/Blazers/Grizz plays the most games against higher seeds that start to rest players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing that might be the deciding factor is which of Spurs/Blazers/Grizz plays the most games against higher seeds that start to rest players.
    I don't think you'll see a lot of resting this year, what with the covid break. Rather, I think teams are going to play their best players, to knock off the rust as much as possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams will still be jockeying for seeding outside of Milwaukee and the Lakers. None of the teams play the Lakers. Memphis does play Milwaukee, who will likely have things locked up.

Portland gets to play the corpse of the Nets to finish the season, which should basically be a guaranteed W (especially if Washington falls away and doesn’t even make the play-in).

Spurs play New Orleans pretty late, and if they go on a losing streak could have fallen out of it by then. Or it could be do or die.

I don't think you'll see a lot of resting this year, what with the covid break. Rather, I think teams are going to play their best players, to knock off the rust as much as possible.
    Plus this. Not a typical season where rest is as beneficial. Maybe reduced minutes, but players are working their way back into shape and rebuilding chemistry on court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans dropped their 2nd game in a row. Fall further behind. 1 game behind us and 4 games behind the grizzlies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte haircut makes him look like Rondo now.

Thread Information