Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great grades and great to have them back to read!!

I’ve said during the off-season that White was the better point guard between he and Murray and he has been proving it during the scrimmages and the 1st real game back. Murray is a solid player but he isn’t really a point guard and I sadly don’t think he ever will be a point guard. He doesn’t have the instincts for the position but I love that he actually works hard on his game so barring injuries I doubt his contract will be a bad one during the duration of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Murray validated Pop not playing him and White together more. They don't fit, and them and DeRozan (and LMA in normal times) mean no one else playing with them will get touches. The Spurs were better without him tonight, and going forward, I think it makes sense to bench Murray and play Johnson as the starting three. That'd give the team some needed front-court strength and allow Walker to at least get third-option touches.
    You've swayed me on this one. Even though I said Murray's lack of play making would be exposed if forced to run a unit as the primary creator (there's obviously ways they could still avoid that though), he's lost with the starters and really just gets in the way.

A Murray-White decision was likely always going to have to be made and if White's newfound aggressiveness and confidence is permanent, they're in no position to trade away what's right now arguably their best all around player just because he's on the older side for a re-build.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pace has increased, you're right. But that's a two way street. We are giving up over 120 pts per game if you take the small sample size of these guys playing together.

We can't outscore all our opponents. Kings didn't even have Bagley.

So while our scoring is up modestly, so too, our defensive efficiency is down over the regular squad. Long term that's not sustainable. It's the Rockets. Or the 90s Suns.

Defense wins championships.
    We are the 10th seed and you’re talking about a championship We have like 3 people on the team that should stay and maybe a 4th in DJ. We are a long way from a championship.

Our young players have no chemistry together bc they’ve never played together. Learning in Austin doesn’t really help defensive rotations in the NBA bc the players are much faster. But if Pop gave the young players actual minutes together, didn’t completely ruin Dejounte Murray, and structured the offense to the strengths of his young players players instead of having them play slow iso ball, we could actually have made a run for home court. How can a team with Lonnie, DJ, White, and KJ be 14th in fast break points? Makes no sense.

We don’t have a true franchise player yet so we can’t be the 90s suns or current Rockets. But we can be the Van Exel Lakers. Or we just tank and hope for a generational pick. But what Pop did was stupid and I’m not so sure he didn’t ruin Dejounte Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be more bumps in the road and growing pains but the Spurs Young core is ready to move on from the old , it's time we see where they can take this team into the future.

Add at least one franchise type of player to these guys and Spurs would improve leaps and bounds as a legit contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are the 10th seed and you’re talking about a championship We have like 3 people on the team that should stay and maybe a 4th in DJ. We are a long way from a championship.

Our young players have no chemistry together bc they’ve never played together. Learning in Austin doesn’t really help defensive rotations in the NBA bc the players are much faster. But if Pop gave the young players actual minutes together, didn’t completely ruin Dejounte Murray, and structured the offense to the strengths of his young players players instead of having them play slow iso ball, we could actually have made a run for home court. How can a team with Lonnie, DJ, White, and KJ be 14th in fast break points? Makes no sense.

We don’t have a true franchise player yet so we can’t be the 90s suns or current Rockets. But we can be the Van Exel Lakers. Or we just tank and hope for a generational pick. But what Pop did was stupid and I’m not so sure he didn’t ruin Dejounte Murray.
    Defense was there today.

Thread Information