Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had trouble beating the Kings, meanwhile the Magic are manhandling the Kings by 20 near halftime
    Not defending the Spurs but that doesn’t mean anything. It’s more about matchups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you can, wtf
    On shots that are halfway down and rattle out? Come on. Sometimes you have a good release, the shot feels good and it just doesnt fall. People throw the choking thing around too loosely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. His missed FTs both rattled out. They were halfway down. happens. You cant blame that on some sort of choking gene.

He came back and hit the two to win the game. People are too hard on him.
    If you want to take todays ONE game in a vacuum, yes.
    Believe the board has clearly chronicled his late game chokage with an ample sample supply.
    He should not be put in these positions, especially with his depression and mental issues. Popped is beyond trainwreck coaching.

DDR has a long history of failure at the crucial moment.
    On this Spurs team he needs to be in the floor cause they got nothing better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had trouble beating the Kings, meanwhile the Magic are manhandling the Kings by 20 near halftime
    Portland was down by 24 at game against Boston and cams back ahead today

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    On shots that are halfway down and rattle out? Come on. Sometimes you have a good release, the shot feels good and it just doesnt fall. People throw the choking thing around too loosely.
    In Demar's case, it's true. Anybody that's watched the Raps play in the post-season the last decade will tell you all about his shortcomings in the biggest moments. He passes up easy shots like those wide open threes just to work twice as hard for a contested long two. Incredibly frustrating player to watch. You can tell he idolized Kirby and doubled down on his worst traits.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was big Win for us, not just because we played memphis, but also 3 of our main guys struggled most of the game. Lonnie, Demar and Gay struggled, than we had Jakob in foul troubles, Yet with all this, our young guys stepped up big! Dj went off, white with a solid all around game, and got to give a hand for Drew on his play. Defense was solid, the few mins that Jakob was in, they had trouble scoring.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that all these more talented younger guys were limited toabout 10min per game is a bad look for Pop.

Why did it take 60 games to try playing Dejounte, White, and Walker? We had nothing to lose from trying it earlier.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of want memphis to win against No. No has the easiest schedule, them losing tommorrow might put them back 3 games, Than we just need to take care of business.
    Mon, Aug 3 @
    New Orleans
    5:30 PM

Wed, Aug 5 @
    Utah
    1:30 PM
    Fri, Aug 7 vs
    Oklahoma City
    3:00 PM NBATV
    Sun, Aug 9 @
    Toronto
    1:00 PM
    Tue, Aug 11 vs
    Boston
    5:30 PM TNT
    Thu, Aug 13 vs
    Milwaukee
    TBD

Memphis Remaining games

Mon, Aug 3 @
    Philadelphia
    7:00 PM
    Wed, Aug 5 vs
    Denver
    3:00 PM
    Fri, Aug 7 vs
    Utah
    12:00 PM
    Sun, Aug 9 @
    New Orleans
    2:00 PM

Tue, Aug 11 vs
    Houston
    1:00 PM NBATV
    Thu, Aug 13 @
    Utah
    TBD

SPURS

If the Spurs win 2 more games than Grizz and both teams stay ahead of the Rest

SPURS are 8th and THEY have to PLAY IN, win 2 in row against us????

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay was terrible in the scrimmage games(turning it over constantly) and really unimpressive in these two restart matches. You'd think all that time off and rest with the lockdown would have been an advantage for an older player like him but he's been mostly horrible. Hopefully, it's just rust as the Spurs don't have other options at the 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/White/Lonnie/Keldon is a nice, young core tbh. I'd say only Lonnie has All-Star potential out of the bunch but it's an enjoyable group.

They luck into a superstar and you got something. But it'll be nice to see those guys grow together...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Eubanks was admirable too tbh. I'd rather see him get those backup mins than Rudy at the 5. Nice guy to have around, good cheerleader type and another big body...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big difference it makes when the male version of Morena Baccarin isn’t allowed on a basketball court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/White/Lonnie/Keldon is a nice, young core tbh. I'd say only Lonnie has All-Star potential out of the bunch but it's an enjoyable group.

They luck into a superstar and you got something. But it'll be nice to see those guys grow together...
    I still think Murray has All-Star potential but I agree with your overall point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big difference it makes when the male version of Morena Baccarin isn’t allowed on a basketball court
    We both know they're looking at 0-2 so far if Bryn and Beli were healthy. Injuries have been the best Spurs coach this season tbh.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings are getting destroyed. Portland has a tough schedule ahead. This is seriously getting interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really enjoying this group of players. Like others have said, it’s beyond silly that it took this long for these players to be playing together and not playing Forbes. We are 0-2 if Forbes was starting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a game. Spurs always get sloppy near the end, and they tend to change their gameplan and let either Rudy or DeMar iso-ball their way on the last possessions - why do you resort to this, when the opposite way of playing had you taking a double-digit lead for most of the game thus far? We'll never know. DeMar is painfully hilarious to watch, tbh - had two FTs to make, where one make would seal the game, and he misses both; then at the last minute, after securing the lead with the first FT made, goes on to make the second unnecessarily, given that Memphis had a TO and there was just 1.0s on the clock. Literal negative BBIQ in the clutch. But otherwise he was fine today, I agree that his role is best as a distributor/playmaker with the capacity to take over when needed.

White continues to impress. I'm very happy with his aggressiveness, and his shooting especially, even if the shots aren't always falling. God knows the Spurs need more outside shooting, in spades. Dejounte's midrange game is absolute money, though I wonder what's the discrepancy with his outside shot - him airballing that 3 after two midrange swishes was weird. Hope he's not taking too much in from DeMar, we definitely don't need the young players learning from his bad habits. Lonnie was also good this game, though I still think Pop needs to get him more involved offensively - there's no plays drawn for him, no set-ups, he's just told to stand in the corner waiting for a pass, like he was all season. Now he's beginning to take matters into his own hands by drifting into the wings, hoping for a pass, but it's still insufficent. Get him more involved, even if it's out-of-bounds plays, and it'll help his confidence and production. And Keldon, well, what can you say - he exceeds expectations on every area. His shot looks smooth, his defense is impeccable, his energy contagious. What a goddamend steal, he should've gone in the lottery for sure.

Either way, this was a much-needed victory for the Spurs. Tomorrow's game is an absolute mismatch, so a loss there wouldn't be surprising. Playoff hopes still alive... GSG

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Pelicans are eliminated by the time we play them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a game. Spurs always get sloppy near the end, and they tend to change their gameplan and let either Rudy or DeMar iso-ball their way on the last possessions - why do you resort to this, when the opposite way of playing had you taking a double-digit lead for most of the game thus far? We'll never know. DeMar is painfully hilarious to watch, tbh - had two FTs to make, where one make would seal the game, and he misses both; then at the last minute, after securing the lead with the first FT made, goes on to make the second unnecessarily, given that Memphis had a TO and there was just 1.0s on the clock. Literal negative BBIQ in the clutch. But otherwise he was fine today, I agree that his role is best as a distributor/playmaker with the capacity to take over when needed.

White continues to impress. I'm very happy with his aggressiveness, and his shooting especially, even if the shots aren't always falling. God knows the Spurs need more outside shooting, in spades. Dejounte's midrange game is absolute money, though I wonder what's the discrepancy with his outside shot - him airballing that 3 after two midrange swishes was weird. Hope he's not taking too much in from DeMar, we definitely don't need the young players learning from his bad habits. Lonnie was also good this game, though I still think Pop needs to get him more involved offensively - there's no plays drawn for him, no set-ups, he's just told to stand in the corner waiting for a pass, like he was all season. Now he's beginning to take matters into his own hands by drifting into the wings, hoping for a pass, but it's still insufficent. Get him more involved, even if it's out-of-bounds plays, and it'll help his confidence and production. And Keldon, well, what can you say - he exceeds expectations on every area. His shot looks smooth, his defense is impeccable, his energy contagious. What a goddamend steal, he should've gone in the lottery for sure.

Either way, this was a much-needed victory for the Spurs. Tomorrow's game is an absolute mismatch, so a loss there wouldn't be surprising. Playoff hopes still alive... GSG
    Good summary but it's only fair to mention that Murray was 2-4 from three so he wasn't a non-factor from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomorrow is a no pressure game for the spurs.
    Why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it possible for the Spurs to become the 8th seed?
    Need to go three better than Grizzlies. So 6-0 and they go 3-3, or 5-1 and 2-4, or 4-2 and 1-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mon, Aug 3 @
    New Orleans
    5:30 PM

Wed, Aug 5 @
    Utah
    1:30 PM
    Fri, Aug 7 vs
    Oklahoma City
    3:00 PM NBATV
    Sun, Aug 9 @
    Toronto
    1:00 PM
    Tue, Aug 11 vs
    Boston
    5:30 PM TNT
    Thu, Aug 13 vs
    Milwaukee
    TBD

Memphis Remaining games

Mon, Aug 3 @
    Philadelphia
    7:00 PM
    Wed, Aug 5 vs
    Denver
    3:00 PM
    Fri, Aug 7 vs
    Utah
    12:00 PM
    Sun, Aug 9 @
    New Orleans
    2:00 PM

Tue, Aug 11 vs
    Houston
    1:00 PM NBATV
    Thu, Aug 13 @
    Utah
    TBD

SPURS

If the Spurs win 2 more games than Grizz and both teams stay ahead of the Rest

SPURS are 8th and THEY have to PLAY IN, win 2 in row against us????
    Considering the bottom of the league was left out, the Spurs have had a good enough schedule compared to their standings rivals. I was fearful of the Blazers making a push but I just checked and their schedule is brutal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. He actually took the ball off Murray and settled the offense. Murray who was making a dog's breakfast of every possession down the stretch

Not true. His missed FTs both rattled out. They were halfway down. happens. You cant blame that on some sort of choking gene.

He came back and hit the two to win the game. People are too hard on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today went as well as possible for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to go three better than Grizzlies. So 6-0 and they go 3-3, or 5-1 and 2-4, or 4-2 and 1-5.
    I could see the Grizzlies going 1-5, however I'm expecting the Spurs going 3-3 at best.

How does the "play-in" thing work? I know that if the Spurs finish 9th and within 4 games of the 8th spot (likely) they enter this "play-in" scenario. But what is that? Do the Spurs and Grizzlies (supposing they finish 8th) play a game to decide who gets into the playoffs or what?

Thread Information