Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The playoff picture could get interesting with a win against the Grizzlies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a reminder everyone - you only have to be within 4 games of the 8th seed after the 8 #NBARestart games to make the play-in as the 9th seed. From there 8th seed only has to win 1, 9th seed has to win 2 to advance past play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a reminder everyone - you only have to be within 4 games of the 8th seed after the 8 #NBARestart games to make the play-in as the 9th seed. From there 8th seed only has to win 1, 9th seed has to win 2 to advance past play-in.
    Thanks Ace. My primitive childlike mind is confused by this though. So how many teams can make the play-in? 2? 4? I haven't been up on the NBA stuff for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Ace. My primitive childlike mind is confused by this though. So how many teams can make the play-in? 2? 4? I haven't been up on the NBA stuff for a while.
    Only the 9th seed makes the play-in. All seeding is determined by winning % (since not every team will have played the same amount of games total after the 8 restart games). If Grizz would have beat the Blazers yesterday we would already be the 9th seed.

**This is the only reason (along with the rotations / commitment to young players) that I was even excited about the restart. If we had to reach the 8th seed outright after the 8 games that would be an almost impossible task with Grizz and Blazers ahead of us).

***And TBH ESPN and others aren't doing a good job of emphasizing the "within 4 games" rule and play-in when discussing the race for the 8th spot in both conferences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the 9th seed makes the play-in. All seeding is determined by winning % (since not every team will have played the same amount of games total after the 8 restart games). If Grizz would have beat the Blazers yesterday we would already be the 9th seed.
    So, if you are 9th seed you're in. Out of curiosity do the games between the 8th and 9th seed for the play-in count as a form of playoff games? Both in terms of the Spurs streak, but also player playoff stats, bonuses, etc? Or will those games be anomalies ignored forever after?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, if you are 9th seed you're in. Out of curiosity do the games between the 8th and 9th seed for the play-in count as a form of playoff games? Both in terms of the Spurs streak, but also player playoff stats, bonuses, etc? Or will those games be anomalies ignored forever after?
    If you make the 9th seed and within 4 games you make the play-in (still haven't made the playoffs yet). During the play-in stage the 8th only has to win 1 game, the 9th seed would have to win 2 to make the final final 8th spot.

I'm 99.9% sure the play-in doesn't count as part of playoff streak, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you make the 9th seed and within 4 games you make the play-in (still haven't made the playoffs yet). During the play-in stage the 8th only has to win 1 game, the 9th seed would have to win 2 to make the final final 8th spot.

Cheers Ace.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis will likely be out for blood after that OT loss to Portland.

On the other hand, maybe Memphis would rather face the Spurs than the Blazers (but alas that's probably over-analyzing it -- they may simply fear falling out of the 8 spot).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JJJ and Morant both put in heavy minutes, so hopefully Spurs a little more rested.

Matchups will be interesting as Grizzlies will be playing bigger than the Kings. Can Spurs get away with Gay and Demar guarding Jackson? And please hope Dejounte doesn’t come up empty against Morant like he did against Fox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White got beat up letting the Kings trod all over him breaking his tooth. Hope White is OK. Spurs need him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs win for me !

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so it’s normal cir stance again now? spurs make in it and they won’t be in the lottery?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a different animal from hobbled Sacramento. I wouldn't expect a win, but it's a nice test for our young guys.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    expecting an L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will stand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game is at 3pm cst. Not 5 pm cst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough outings for Murray to start out the season tbh. Gets destroyed by Fox. About to get destroyed by Morant. And then will follow it up by getting destroyed by Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    26s
    Bryn Forbes (quad) is out and Marco Belinelli (ankle) is doubtful for Sunday's game against Memphis, per #Spurs injury report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    26s
    Bryn Forbes (quad) is out and Marco Belinelli (ankle) is doubtful for Sunday's game against Memphis, per #Spurs injury report.
    I guarantee a W!

����

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Size shouldn't be a problem.
    Jackson is more a stress 4, he not going to overpower people in the paint, Just hope you can get an hand on him and he does not get hot.
    Anderson (if he starts) is an offense threat
    Brooks always had the advantage against us, mioslty he was getting guarded by Forbes, now he he;ll be getting guarded by either Walker or Lonnie.
    Vakanciun and Jakob matches up nicely.
    It's gone come down to control Morant, so we'll have three/four guys to go against him.

Outside of thst Clark is the only real weapon to worry about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ace3g

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incoming tough win!! Better overall team. Memphis was more trouble when they had Crowder, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Official jinx* I think the spurs will be able to contain Ja but I bet JJJ goes off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No belli or forbes

Thread Information