Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Grizzlies going 1-5, however I'm expecting the Spurs going 3-3 at best.

How does the "play-in" thing work? I know that if the Spurs finish 9th and within 4 games of the 8th spot (likely) they enter this "play-in" scenario. But what is that? Do the Spurs and Grizzlies (supposing they finish 8th) play a game to decide who gets into the playoffs or what?
    The 8th and 9th seeds play in a double-elimination tournament that gives the team with a better record the advantage. The 9th seed would have to defeat the 8th seed twice to take its spot, while the 8th seed would only have to win once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of want memphis to win against No. No has the easiest schedule, them losing tommorrow might put them back 3 games, Than we just need to take care of business.
    I think the Pels are still placing Zion on minutes restriction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Actually most of us that have been following the team knew that the "next men up" were better than the pieces of Pop was trotting out last season.

Pretty absurd that random posters on a message board saw it all season from a distance and Pop, who is around these guys all year, couldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good summary but it's only fair to mention that Murray was 2-4 from three so he wasn't a non-factor from there.
    Agreed, I made the DeMar comp because of both players' discrepancy between their trigger-happy midrange game as opposed to their very hesitant outside game; but Dejounte definitely doesn't have DeMar's absolute negation to shoot 3's, which at this point is plainly psychological. I'm hoping this is just Dejounte trying to solidify his midrange shooting game (which, as shown today, has massively improved from where he was pre-ACL) before truly focusing on his outside shot (he might even make it a point of emphasis this off-season), because in today's league, you just can't have a starting PG that doesn't punish a defense that goes under screens and leaves you open at the three-point line. DeMar made a career out of it because he came into the league sooner, the 3-point shot hadn't exploded like it has, and he's absolutely elite in most other areas of the game, which allows him to be an All-Star level offensive player even despite that outside shot; I just doubt DJ has those same tools to get by without relying at some point on a 3-ball game, even if it's just catch-and-shoot.

Having said all that, I highlight once again the very visible progress he's made in all areas of his shooting. His FT's are money now, his midrange is pure net most times, and even though he's lacking in confidence from behind the three-point line, he usually shoots well enough there. Seeing how White has also markedly improved his outside shot this season, and how young they both are, I'm not really jumping off a cliff about it just yet like some posters on this forum are, tbh.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as much as i don't really like anyone on our roster, i will say good job young guys. keep it up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information