Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Professional athletes making millions and millions of dollars a year acting like they have been somehow oppressed by society.
    I guess that you don’t understand why they are doing it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's disrespectful.

But the billion dollar corporations tell you it's not, so it must not be.
    Why? There is no mention of kneeling in the flag code as being disrespectful.

but according to that code:
    The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown

which republicans do ALL the time but somehow you don’t find that disrespectful. Funny how republicans believe to be the patriot ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that you don’t understand why they are doing it
    Yes they are standing up for people's right to get drunk at the Wendy's drive in, and turn a taser on a cop without getting killed..

Well NOT all people.. Just African Americans.. Let the Drunk's go.. Let them just walk home is one solution I heard.. And a great one..
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 08-03-2020 at 02:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude how do you not get it? They're standing for other people of color who don't have the benefit of being rich and famous...
    I am not comfortable with what this has deteriorated into. No accountability for African Americans that resist arrest, just racist cops.. It is all on the bad white cops.. Now anyone who is white, that stands up is a racist or called out. I don't owe anyone an explanation for standing. If Pop wants to speak out against racism, but stand he owes nobody an explanation. But now anyone that stands is a story on the ESPN Homepage.. It is BS..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? There is no mention of kneeling in the flag code as being disrespectful.

but according to that code:
    The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown

which republicans do ALL the time but somehow you don’t find that disrespectful. Funny how republicans believe to be the patriot ones
    The code is stand at attention, putz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rules are for other folks and/or only the ones they agree with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not comfortable with what this has deteriorated into. No accountability for African Americans that resist arrest, just racist cops.. It is all on the bad white cops.. Now anyone who is white, that stands up is a racist or called out. I don't owe anyone an explanation for standing. If Pop wants to speak out against racism, but stand he owes nobody an explanation. But now anyone that stands is a story on the ESPN Homepage.. It is BS..
    I agree that this situation can't be oversimplified into "you didn't kneel, you hate black people" or anything of that sort. And tbh, being murdered by a cop isn't even one of the biggest issues that black people should be focused on imo. I think the criminal justice system as a whole is corrupt, and black people have been affected by a disparity in mercy (harsher punishments for the same crimes). The other big issues are inadequate education in poor neighborhoods and the fact that black individuals have a tougher time with employment, all other factors being equal.

All of the issues need to be addressed, including racist cops and their complicit partners/departments. But there needs to be accountability and due process on all sides. I don't want this to go the way of Me Too, where people were guilty upon accusation and people couldn't differentiate between tasteless humor and actual assault/molestation.

And you're right, you owe nobody an explanation for standing during the anything...nobody does. It's their right to stand, the same way it's their right to sit in order to send a message. It's part of what makes this country (sort of) a free country...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the lack of respect for the flag being shown by these protesters, it’s ironic the first Congressional Medal Of Honor awarded to a black soldier was for what he did to protect the flag. When these protesters disrespect the flag, they disrespect heroes like this.

https://www.army.mil/article/181896/...onor_recipient

Of the 3,498 service members who have received the Medal of Honor throughout U.S. history, only 88 have been black.
    In recognition of African American History Month, we're sharing the stories of the brave men who so gallantly risked and gave their lives for others, even in times when others weren't willing to do the same in return.
    We'll start with the first black recipient of the award: Army Sgt. William H. Carney, who earned the honor for protecting one of the United States' greatest symbols during the Civil War -- the American flag.
    Carney was born into slavery in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1840. His family was eventually granted freedom and moved to Massachusetts, where Carney was eager to learn and secretly got involved in academics, despite laws and restrictions that banned blacks from learning to read and write.
    Carney had wanted to pursue a career in the church, but when the Civil War broke out, he decided the best way he could serve God was by serving in the military to help free the oppressed.
    In March 1863, Carney joined the Union Army and was attached to Company C, 54th Massachusetts Colored Infantry Regiment, the first official black unit recruited for the Union in the north. Forty other black men served with him, including two of famed abolitionist Frederick Douglass' sons.
    Within a few months, Carney's training would be put to the ultimate test during the unit's first major combat mission in Charleston, South Carolina.
    On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.
    Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued.
    Even then, though, he didn't give it up. Many witnesses said Carney refused to give the flag to his rescuers, holding onto it tighter until, with assistance, he made it to the Union's temporary barracks.
    Carney lost a lot of blood and nearly lost his life, but not once did he allow the flag to touch the ground. His heroics inspired other soldiers that day and were crucial to the North securing victory at Fort Wagner. Carney was promoted to the rank of sergeant for his actions.
    For his bravery, Carney was awarded the Medal of Honor on May 23, 1900.
    Carney's legacy serves as a shining example of the patriotism that Americans felt at that time, despite the color of their skin.
    As for the 54th Massachusetts Colored Infantry Regiment in which Carney served? It was disestablished long ago but reactivated in 2008. It now serves as a National Guard ceremonial unit that renders honorary funerals and state functions. It was even invited to march in President Barack Obama's inaugural parade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a rightwing fever dream load of crap. You're the one who just said naggers can't think for themselves with your corralling talk.
    You seem to have trouble with my words and being able to understand them so let me be perfectly clear. You either choose to be a slave to your white liberal master or you are an Uncle Tom. You will never be WOKE until you can see the right does not like you but the left is playing you. Always has. Always will be.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to have trouble with my words and being able to understand them so let me be perfectly clear. You either choose to be a slave to your white liberal master or you are an Uncle Tom. You will never be WOKE until you can see the right does not like you but the left is playing you. Always has. Always will be.
    Your political posts are always filled with such lies, just like when you lied about the ACA completely blowing healthcare costs to by claiming in 2009 before ACA that healthcare costs were a percentage of GDP that they hadn't been since the 1980s. LOL liberals the inventors of systemic racism. Right, it wasn't dixie, it was abolitionists and people against Jim Crow who are responsible for the systemic racism in this nation. Yeah it's Democrats gutting and finally eliminating the Voting Right Act. Typical rightwing bothsides tripe, every person I know who talks like you is a rabid Republican when actually in the voting booth. But you say bothsides because you can't defend your side.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    pop can decide what he wants to talk or not talk about it.

so can i. so can you.

hey OP, you will never agree with pop politically so get the fück over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe just maybe he served his country and the anthem means something different to him but he's not a ing bag that tries to force that on other people.
    Sure buddy, he served 5 years touring Eastern Europe playing basketball and that 5 years shaped his entire world view. Never mind the 20+ years he's made a fortune off the backs of black men in the NBA - that didn't move him. Now it's about disrespecting the flag. Before it wasn't. Make up your ing minds. I don't give a if you kneel and suck a while you're down there, just don't pretend it's for some grand cause because it's really just marketing. What are they going to do to protest now, stand back up? Turn around backwards? Everyone kneeling means no one is really protesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtue signaling is a leading narrative with MSM. Readers eat it up because they are mostly gots and assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure buddy, he served 5 years touring Eastern Europe playing basketball and that 5 years shaped his entire world view. Never mind the 20+ years he's made a fortune off the backs of black men in the NBA - that didn't move him. Now it's about disrespecting the flag. Before it wasn't. Make up your ing minds. I don't give a if you kneel and suck a while you're down there, just don't pretend it's for some grand cause because it's really just marketing. What are they going to do to protest now, stand back up? Turn around backwards? Everyone kneeling means no one is really protesting.
    This, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the truth right here and anyone who can't see it is asleep and the an hesis of "Woke".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The code is stand at attention, putz.
    according to the code millions of americans disrespect the flag everyday but you don’t care. Black people kneel, which has never been a mark of disrespect in any culture, and republicans freak out. I think that it says a lot about those people and their feelings toward black people

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the same time, as kneeling has been a sign of respect in many culture, don’t pretend that you are these patriots freaked out about it. We all know that this is about the fact that they are black.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the same time, as kneeling has been a sign of respect in many culture, don’t pretend that you are these patriots freaked out about it. We all know that this is about the fact that they are black.
    The respectable custom of standing has been established. Let's not pretend otherwise.
    For what it's worth, I've never been a fan of compulsory national displays. I'd be fine with just not having the national anthem played. But I'm not going to pretend these kneelers are respecting it. I know that's not what's going on here. In fact, what's going on is just frat antics.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The respectable custom of standing has been established. Let's not pretend otherwise.
    For what it's worth, I've never been a fan of compulsory national displays. I'd be fine with just not having the national anthem played. But I'm not going to pretend these kneelers are respecting it. I know that's not what's going on here. In fact, what's going on is just frat antics.
    By who? There is a code about what's respectful and what's not; here is the link. Just because Republicans disrespect the flag on a DAILY basis doesn't mean that this is respectable. As usual, Republicans are misinformed or not informed.
    https://www.military.com/flag-day/us-flag-code.html

I'm not saying that the kneelers respect the flag by kneeling, I'm saying they don't disrespect it. If kneeling is a disrespect, we should tell all the men to stop kneeling when proposing to their fiance.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here... have some whine and cheese.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How nice of Pop...the biggest liberal white shamer in all of sports standing and evading the topic when questioned.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with patriotism as he is as anti-American as they come. Probably a bum knee.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By who? There is a code about what's respectful and what's not; here is the link. Just because Republicans disrespect the flag on a DAILY basis doesn't mean that this is respectable. As usual, Republicans are misinformed or not informed.
    https://www.military.com/flag-day/us-flag-code.html

I'm not saying that the kneelers respect the flag by kneeling, I'm saying they don't disrespect it. If kneeling is a disrespect, we should tell all the men to stop kneeling when proposing to their fiance.
    The code is centuries of custom, not merely those military guidelines. This all started because Kaepernick spazzed that he was being benched. Then the corporations ran with it as a movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Professional athletes making millions and millions of dollars a year acting like they have been somehow oppressed by society.
    its not about them individually

whats next? "ugh, people who were actually born acting like abortion oppresses them"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish Pop sticked to politics tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't care less who stands or kneels. It's become a wealthy white virtue signaling move appropriated from blacks, namely one black man who risked his career and was actually protesting. Now the protesting thing to do is not kneel. Now those people have to explain why they didn't kneel, when the protocol is to stand and place your hand over your heart. Now corporate America owns black protest rights. Reminds me of when Wayne's World went corporate.. "I guess" -Garth

Thread Information