Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the rent relief so far has come in the form of rent deferrals, even if we get more of that, there’s still going to be a crisis when the pandemic is over and we have tens of millions of renters who are paying rent 3-6 months in arrears and don’t have the income to get current on rent. There’s no solution for that even being contemplated.
    Mortgage deferment, not rent deferral...it is up to the landlord if they want to pass the saving on to the tenant or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mortgage deferment, not rent deferral...it is up to the landlord if they want to pass the saving on to the tenant or not.
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without the moratorium, thousands of Floridians could have become homeless in days because landlords have been filing paperwork in court to evict non-paying tenants once the ban ends.
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...yte-story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CARES Act's eviction safeguard is thought to have helped as many as 23 million US families (roughly one-third of all US renters) stay in their homes during the coronavirus recession. Eviction notices are now legally allowed to proceed and evictions can begin starting Aug. 24.
    The federal CARES Act that was passed in March temporarily banned evictions and late fees until July 25. It also required a 30-day notice to vacate before you can be evicted.

If you live in a property covered by the CARES Act, landlords can now legally ask you to leave and start charging late fees, but the soonest they can legally file an eviction to force you to leave is Aug. 24.
    https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...d-relief-laws/

So, like I said, just because a landlord applies for and receives mortgage forbearance, it's still up to the landlord whether they want to go ahead and evict the tenant for non-payment or not. The CARES act did not remove this responsibility for renters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, there's no true savings with the mortgage deferral. They just stick the missed payments on the back end.

I mean, yeah the other part with the landlord being able to evict for non payment if rent moratoriums are lifted is a given. I'm not sure anyone is saying otherwise.

Thread Information