Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina State Wolfpack
    Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my ty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

If you guys need any more information, I will be happy to give it to you.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    pet cats
    got

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only s and lonely chicks have cats.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmao could have least fronted and said you had two pits...

I would like to request more info..

1. Do you believe you were born gay, or is it a choice?
    2. What are your cat's names?
    3. Did the closet break when you came flying out of it?

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    classic thread in the making

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    scrub right here

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only s and lonely chicks have cats.
    Blind mindless smack.

Dogs eat and are an emotional crutch because they love their masters unconditionally. Some people desperately need the unconditional part.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    classic thread in the making

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol cat man. what a sad life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Blind mindless smack.

Dogs eat and are an emotional crutch because they love their masters unconditionally. Some people desperately need the unconditional part.
    Nobody was talking to you, got ass effeminate pussy. Go back to fulfilling your life by trying to prove people wrong in AGW related threads.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my ty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

what the are you doing with cats, doggie???

if they're feral cats....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Blind mindless smack.

^^^^
    owns five cats

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Well, my opinion on this is going to be skewed by the fact that I managed apartments for 10 years. So here's my take (and advice) on it.

I would avoid being evicted at all costs if I were you. It may not sound like a big deal, but you've signed a lease that says you'll pay rent for a full year. If you get evicted because you've broken the rules, you will still owe them rent for a full year. And they will get their money. They will put a lien on your credit, which means when you're ready to buy a new car, you can't until you pay off the apartment complex. If your parents are your cosigners, they will get a lien on their credit. Check with your parents to see if they'd like to have a lien on their credit.

It doesn't matter how ty the apartment is or how ty the maintenance is or how rude the manager is. If you signed a lease saying you understand you are not allowed to have pets or you will notify management if you get a pet and pay a pet deposit, then you are breaking the lease. It was your decision to get the cats when you knew you weren't supposed to have them. If you couldn't afford the deposit, you shouldn't have made the commitment to get the cats. Suck it up and pay the fee. I was always willing to work with tenants and let them pay pet fees over 3 months, but that's because I was an incredibly nice apartment manager. Yours may not be, but it doesn't hurt to ask. At this point she's probably just annoyed you lied about the cats and now you're being a baby about paying the fees you owe her.

Lastly, as a former apartment manager, here's my rant about people and their damn pets. Everyone thinks his pet doesn't stink, but *every* animal leaves an apartment smelling like piss and sometimes poop. Every single one. Animals stink to those of us who don't live with them. One cat in the apartment for a year means that brand new carpet has to be replaced again at a cost of over $1000 because it smells like piss. Cats spray the walls. Sometimes they spray the electrical outlets and short-circuit an entire wall. Dogs chew the carpet and the window frames and the doors and the air-intake covers. That is the purpose of the animal deposit, but it usually only covers a fraction of the damage pets do.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Blind mindless smack.

something that you feed, clean up after and take care of better love you unconditionally. Owning a cat that doesn't show any appreciation is the equivalent of being a cuckold with a wife who uses your money for "personal training sessions" with the guy she's ing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Blind mindless smack.Dogs eat and are an emotional crutch because they love their masters unconditionally. Some people desperately need the unconditional part.
    Dude... you own five cats?!?! What a ing loser... even more than the OP.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    something that you feed, clean up after and take care of better love you unconditionally. Owning a cat that doesn't show any appreciation is the equivalent of being a cuckold with a wife who uses your money for "personal training sessions" with the guy she's ing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude... you own five cats?!?! What a ing loser... even more than the OP.
    20 minutes and that is the best that you could come up with? A blind flail?

Sad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions

what the are you doing with cats, doggie???

if they're feral cats....

trill with the goods

yes I agreed with him. miracles do happen

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    maybe you can donate the cats to a teacher who also loves cats. the campus can be a new home to them cats imho. I usually see cats walking leisurely around on our campus as well, and sometimes they even loiter into the classroom when the class is going on. The cats are the hosts of our school imho, while we the students are the guests. All it takes is a teacher who loves cats and who offers them food on a regular basis.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    20 minutes and that is the best that you could come up with? A blind flail?Sad.
    If you are a man and you own five cats you have major issues. Id respect you more if you were gay.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get the notion of reciprocity. A bad animal is a bad animal. At the same time the capacity of another human to love something unconditionally should not be demeaned. There is also a converse.

Hating on cats because they don't instantly love you is the equivalent of getting mad at your date because shes not under the table sucking your because you took her to Chili's.

I don't get emotional like that towards my cat or dog though. I am not a fan of dogs because they eat . When you have to buy a shock collar to keep the er out of the litterbox then that is a problem. And lick my face? that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you are a man and you own five cats you have major issues. Id respect you more if you were gay.
    Oh noes! FWIW, I have two.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm sorry... I forgot to offer advice. Problem solved.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you own dolls, too?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thread Information