My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unofficial poll for now. Altho I'm sure as the season goes on one of our profeshunal sports wrighters will collect some stats:

Of all the extra inning games i have only seen one manager sacrifice the 1st batter thus getting the runner at 2b over to 3b.
    And that was in the 11th inning. And it was a game i had to have Tampa Bay for my f ing parlay to hit. Baltimore beats TB 5-4.

Seems to me sacrificing the runner over would be a go to move at the very least 50% of the time. Unless your batter has zero bunting skills.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot of seismic activity here.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , even pitchers should be able to bunt, and the NL has DH's now so that's moot. Bunt + sac fly should be the strategy every time unless you have a really big bat at the plate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , even pitchers should be able to bunt, and the NL has DH's now so that's moot. Bunt + sac fly should be the strategy every time unless you have a really big bat at the plate.
    Rough count here. Out of 12 opportunities only 1 time has the manager called for sac bunt. Hou vs Angels. It worked. Got runner to 3B and next batter got him in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rough count here. Out of 12 opportunities only 1 time has the manager called for sac bunt. Hou vs Angels. It worked. Got runner to 3B and next batter got him in.
    1 run is historically usually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 run is historically usually enough in any given extra inning to win the game, whether top or bottom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some sacrificing going on.
    But the batters are whiffing galore with man on 3rd in this Astros A's 12 innings so far game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some sacrificing going on.
    But the batters are whiffing galore with man on 3rd in this Astros A's 12 innings so far game.
    yeah, pitchers are def gonna be throwing them balls outside the plate to adjust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, pitchers are def gonna be throwing them balls outside the plate to adjust
    Ok.
    And that is where professional batter would "take".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on a variety of factors. Bullpen strength. Who is up and who is up after him (i.e. if the player you're counting on isn't a flyball hitter, it's probably not a great idea to play for the sac bunt to sac fly sequence). How strong are the outfield arms. Etc.

Thread Information