Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with walker grade I thought he played well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Murray, Walker, Johnson. That's a nice core of interchangeable wings/guards. Add Poeltl as the defensive anchor and we have an interesting core going forward. All we need now is a 6'9" ish forward to round up the team. Could be Samanic if he ever pans out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Murray, Walker, Johnson. That's a nice core of interchangeable wings/guards. Add Poeltl as the defensive anchor and we have an interesting core going forward. All we need now is a 6'9" ish forward to round up the team. Could be Samanic if he ever pans out.
    They need to get Metu some time. I know lots of people say he sucks but they also say that about Murray/Lonnie and white is not going to be much. This is until they have a good game then they want to talk about how good they are. I have been on DJM bandwagon the whole time just like I have been saying metu will be good if given time. It also would give us another big body which we need.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs legend Jaren Jackson
    That's a bit of a stretch...

Poeltl's +25 is eye-popping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to get Metu some time. I know lots of people say he sucks but they also say that about Murray/Lonnie and white is not going to be much. This is until they have a good game then they want to talk about how good they are. I have been on DJM bandwagon the whole time just like I have been saying metu will be good if given time. It also would give us another big body which we need.
    Metu sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu was a 2 year project. His time is up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senile old poop is mistaken. Patty has no place on this team. Q'spoon should get last wing minutes, Defense and athleticism is what Spurs need.
    There aint no Manu, Diaw or Splitter or Tim to set up and cover for Mills.

Stupid old poop still making mistakes.

Really if poop does not trust Q'spoon the others are young enough to eat the minutes...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senile old poop is mistaken. Patty has no place on this team. Q'spoon should get last wing minutes, Defense and athleticism is what Spurs need.
    There aint no Manu, Diaw or Splitter or Tim to set up and cover for Mills.

Stupid old poop still making mistakes.

Really if poop does not trust Q'spoon the others are young enough to eat the minutes...
    I see Spurstalk is still the place to go to for bad takes. The man had 10 points in 13 minutes and was a +11 and is still scapegoated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m ready to order my championship DVD

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid win against a team that gave the Spurs fits before covid. How crazy would it be if these guys were able to make a run for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the criticism that Poeltl needs to stay on the floor, but I still think being the defensive anchor in a starting line up with 4 guards-- which puts him at a disadvantage defensively and makes it necessary for him to cover more ground-- and posting an incredible +25 in limited minutes deserves a better grade than C+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if we still had Bert. Instead Pop decided his untouchable sharp shooter was Forms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu was a 2 year project. His time is up.
    the #metu movement is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! Great win! Why hasn't Mills been playing before today? Thoughts?

Go Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I did notice in the highlights that I liked was that the players have room out of bounds now. Less chance of injury(for player and fan) when a player is saving a ball from going out of bounds, not having to worry about landing on top of someone. Plus coming down under the basket and not tripping on a cameraman's foot or landing in their pile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ crashing rhe boards, I like his hustle

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    if i see rudy gay stare at an open shooter & make 0 attempt to close out again im going to die from an aneurysm he does it at least 5 times a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought walker did better then grade but last game he was better

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up. I’m really worried about Rudy Gay, at least he isn’t labouring out there physically but he is way out of sorts.

Poeltl has to work on not fouling, amazing we won the game all things considered.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl +60 net-rating. Just saying ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if we still had Bert. Instead Pop decided his untouchable sharp shooter was Forms.
    Don't remind me son.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the criticism that Poeltl needs to stay on the floor, but I still think being the defensive anchor in a starting line up with 4 guards-- which puts him at a disadvantage defensively and makes it necessary for him to cover more ground-- and posting an incredible +25 in limited minutes deserves a better grade than C+.
    100% agreed. Poeltl is proving just how good he is defensively; not just protecting the rim, but also when he's forced to switch onto a guard. People are saying White is the team's best defender, and while I don't disagree with that assertion necessarily, I think Jakob deserves to be part of that conversation.

Spurs should absolutely re-sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too obsessed with the idea that size is the only way to play good defense. Poeltl's job with this current lineup is easier than it would be with Lyles and Forbes starting. Defense comes from switchability and IQ, not from blocking shots. The Spurs being able to stay in front of guys and rotate efficiently makes Jakob's job easier. If anything, Memphis having a guy like Valanciunas scoring in the block allowed Poeltl to play inside most of the time. Had Memphis played JJJ at center from the outset, it's not clear that Poeltl would have been able to stay on the floor.

That said, he had some really nice defensive possessions and was better than Eubanks. I'm not saying he was bad or anything or that it's not nice to have a good rim-protector on the squad. I'm just saying that the Spurs are probably playing the best defensive lineup they've had all year right now (at least when considering DeRozan being on the court).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had bertans he would have sat out or got benched.

Thread Information