My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ryan Leaf

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think it's fair to lump Oden in with Anthony Bennett's fat ass when Oden had franchise player written all over him if it wasn't for the injuries.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there has ever been a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was that #2 pick the Grizzlies drafted? Thabeet? Something like that. The dude didn’t even play an NBA game did he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was that #2 pick the Grizzlies drafted? Thabeet? Something like that. The dude didn’t even play an NBA game did he?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this take into consideration players taken behind them, or is it only about draft position?

Add Darko Milicic to the list either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darko and Oden rang

Better than Karl Malone tbh

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    JaMarcus Russell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add Darko Milicic to the list either way.
    That's NBA Champion Darko Milicic to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how DeJuan Blair son'd him in NCAA, was picked in the 2nd round many picks after, and did decently, making a lot of money in the NBA and playing in several deep playoff runs, considering he had no ACLs.

Anyway, when idiots like Coach Nick were creaming their pants over the dude I was like who is this scrub

The NCAA hype machine is real for some of these no talent ass clowns

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aussies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darko and Oden rang

Better than Karl Malone tbh
    Oden was on the 2014 Heat team and never rang.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oden was on the 2014 Heat team and never rang.
    I stand corrected

He kinda looks like Lebron tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron "I didn't watch the clip" James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think it's fair to lump Oden in with Anthony Bennett's fat ass when Oden had franchise player written all over him if it wasn't for the injuries.
    Disagree - I think Oden could have been a serviceable role player, but never a franchise player even if fully healthy. Even when he was healthy, he wasn't super athletic, and he had kind of an "old man" style to his game even when he was 19 years old

Oden was a terrible pick over Durant regardless.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oden for sure; a Blazers fan guy I knew cut his penis off over a bet that the Blazers would get the #1 overall pick in 2007.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree - I think Oden could have been a serviceable role player, but never a franchise player even if fully healthy. Even when he was healthy, he wasn't super athletic, and he had kind of an "old man" style to his game even when he was 19 years old

Oden was a terrible pick over Durant regardless.
    If they could have stayed healthy that Roy + Aldridge + Oden team would have been devastating. They were 50-12 in games they played together. Oden was a killer rebounder and shotblocker. He would have been tremendous for matching up against the Lakers and Spurs in that era and no way that trio doesn't ring at least once had they been able to grow together. Easy to pick Durant in hindsight but people forget Durant couldn't even bench 180 when he came in the league, so there were questions about him too at the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS is why tanking is stupid. The whole "Process" was one massive failure. It netted them what? A few second round losses and the decline has been faster than the one-two season "Renaissance" Philly had.

How many Top 10 picks did they absolutely whiff during the Process? All but 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they could have stayed healthy that Roy + Aldridge + Oden team would have been devastating. They were 50-12 in games they played together. Oden was a killer rebounder and shotblocker. He would have been tremendous for matching up against the Lakers and Spurs in that era and no way that trio doesn't ring at least once had they been able to grow together. Easy to pick Durant in hindsight but people forget Durant couldn't even bench 180 when he came in the league, so there were questions about him too at the time.
    Was going to bring up how awesome that squad was. Would put them with the Drexler teams as the best non-Walton Blazers squad simply because of the baggage of the JailBlazers and how much wasted potential was on that roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oden.. imho not only because player ended being a bust for not playing but also because Portland gave up on Durant to pick him up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hindsight - I said in 2007 that Durant was on a higher level than Oden, and I was right (not just me, a lot of people). I saw them both play college ball, even though Oden only played a few games due to injury. See, it was already obvious that he would be injury prone before he was drafted, so that's why it was a terrible pick. And it was obvious that Durant would be an offensive superstar. Being a good rebounder and shot blocker doesn't guarantee someone will be an allstar, much less a franchise player.

And of course there's a way Portland wouldn't win a ring. There are countless ways any team could not ring. Portland has experienced many of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hindsight - I said in 2007 that Durant was on a higher level than Oden, and I was right (not just me, a lot of people). I saw them both play college ball, even though Oden only played a few games due to injury. See, it was already obvious that he would be injury prone before he was drafted, so that's why it was a terrible pick. And it was obvious that Durant would be an offensive superstar. Being a good rebounder and shot blocker doesn't guarantee someone will be an allstar, much less a franchise player.

And of course there's a way Portland wouldn't win a ring. There are countless ways any team could not ring. Portland has experienced many of them.
    No one in the NBA was taking Durant over Oden that draft, Oden was widely considered the best big man prospect since Duncan at the time. And you want to act like Durant was a sure thing when Michael Beasley put up virtually the same college stats in the same conference before flaming out of the league. How was it obvious he was injury prone because of a wrist injury?

Thread Information