Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a stronger bench but the EC prevents a truly progressive candidate from being anything but a huge risk at best.
    Yeah as long as the state of play remains the same, it’s milquetoast for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a stronger bench but the EC prevents a truly progressive candidate from being anything but a huge risk at best.
    Doesn't have to be progressive. It also doesn't have to be a 77 year old lifetime politician. Look at Barry for a blueprint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't have to be progressive. It also doesn't have to be a 77 year old lifetime politician. Look at Barry for a blueprint.
    Barry was an anomaly and a mediocre president by your standards. I don’t think you have a realistic expectation considering the process that goes into a presidential nomination for one of the two US parties. There were options. Lots of options. Young, semi-progressives like Beto and Buttigeg and proven progressives like Warren and Sanders. They all lost in the primaries. Will Hunting can hope and pine for a Sherrod Brown candidate all day, but the reality is he didn’t throw his hat in the ring.

The lesser of two evils seems to be inherent in the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry was an anomaly and a mediocre president by your standards. I don’t think you have a realistic expectation considering the process that goes into a presidential nomination for one of the two US parties. There were options. Lots of options. Young, semi-progressives like Beto and Buttigeg and proven progressives like Warren and Sanders. They all lost in the primaries. Will Hunting can hope and pine for a Sherrod Brown candidate all day, but the reality is he didn’t throw his hat in the ring.

The lesser of two evils seems to be inherent in the system.
    We're talking about two different things. Whether I liked what Barry did or not as president, there's no denying that he was an incredibly liked and popular candidate.

When he entered the presidential race, he was young, a relatively unknown, well spoken, articulate, good liar, etc. All those things neither Shillary or Biden are. That's what I mean by blueprint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to add, Shillary was supposedly 'the lesser of two evils', but there's a fine line between passable candidate and repulsive candidate. You can't keep throwing turds against the wall and hope they stick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to add, Shillary was supposedly 'the lesser of two evils', but there's a fine line between passable candidate and repulsive candidate. You can't keep throwing turds against the wall and hope they stick.
    Orly?

Recent trend seems otherwise going back at least four years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the us system is full of checks and balances for elites to abuse. probably shows most in primaries where money and party regularly override popular vote and policy. then they all go kiss each others ass because its winner takes all, and thats the root of lesser of two evils voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the us system is full of checks and balances for elites to abuse. probably shows most in primaries where money and party regularly override popular vote and policy. then they all go kiss each others ass because its winner takes all, and thats the root of lesser of two evils voting.
    I mean, if I'm going to be a pawn anyways, at least give me a likeable candidate, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Trump's mythical early Chinese travel ban

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/u...trictions.html

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China ban.
    Fauci good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about two different things. Whether I liked what Barry did or not as president, there's no denying that he was an incredibly liked and popular candidate.

When he entered the presidential race, he was young, a relatively unknown, well spoken, articulate, good liar, etc. All those things neither Shillary or Biden are. That's what I mean by blueprint.
    Which is why I am saying he was an anomaly. He was young and likable and he wasn’t supposed to win. HRC had the DNC in her pocket in 2008. Obama’s charisma and likability ran roughshod over that reality and he won the nomination despite the DNC. He won the primaries.

That didn’t happen this year. Biden was a lost cause and ripe to suffer the same fate as HRC did in 2008. But he didn’t and it wasn’t because there was a lack of compe ion. He won The primaries fair and square based on name recognition, which is also one of the fundamental reasons he’s polling well against Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I am saying he was an anomaly. He was young and likable and he wasn’t supposed to win. HRC had the DNC in her pocket in 2008. Obama’s charisma and likability ran roughshod over that reality and he won the nomination despite the DNC. He won the primaries.

That didn’t happen this year. Biden was a lost cause and ripe to suffer the same fate as HRC did in 2008. But he didn’t and it wasn’t because there was a lack of compe ion. He won The primaries fair and square based on name recognition, which is also one of the fundamental reasons he’s polling well against Trump.
    The bolded is part of the problem. That needs to change. In 2012, HRC also thought it was her time, and it was costly. Very costly.

And the DNC is just not grooming candidates. It's all in auto-pilot, rolling the old cadre like Pelosi, Shillary, Biden... look, I get we're here now, and Joe is it. But what happens if old Joe doesn't win?

How much responsibility is there on the party? And wouldn't you agree they need some serious leadership changes in that case?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I mean, if I'm going to be a pawn anyways, at least give me a likeable candidate, tbh...

In the convo for GOAT band

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, Joe is obviously not 100%, and his gaffes are sad and painful.

Ridiculous that he is the Dems' candidate,

more evidence that USA is ed and un able when the Repugs elect Trash and the Dems counter with a declining old white man.

but all y'all's Trash is a gaffe of a human being.

And remember, Repugs St Ronnie and dubya were dumb, ignorant Useful Idiots, with St Ronnie so mentally diseased that his staff seriously considered going 25th on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This man is brutal to watch in a 2 minute clip. I can not even imagine all the carnage that will occur in a 2 hour debate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin, what’s wrong with that? He’s like the rest of us that Trump can barely recognize an elephant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

President sundown's 37 minute long embarrassment will top anything you will ever be able to post about Biden.

ing watch the whole thing. it is cringy from start to finish.

I especially like the part where he really took Putin to task for supplying weapons to the Taliban.

j/k he changed the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this year's DNC coronation will be in absentia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this year's DNC coronation will be in absentia

Gotta keep his old ass alive for a few more months. Him and Ginsberg.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trump’s stupidity has largely overshadowed it but it’s a problem that millions of Dems don’t see how irresponsible the at ude of “lol Joe Biden is old and stupid but we just need him to make it until Election Day!” is. There’s no way around the fact he comes across as an old man who’s losing his marbles. The debates have disaster potential.

EDIT - Nevermind, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that clip of Biden regarding a cognitive test, it actually reminded me of 2012 Biden kicking Paul Ryan’s teeth in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s stupidity has largely overshadowed it but it’s a problem that millions of Dems don’t see how irresponsible the at ude of “lol Joe Biden is old and stupid but we just nactoreed him to make it until Election Day!” is. There’s no way around the fact he comes across as an old man who’s losing his marbles. The debates have disaster potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s stupidity has largely overshadowed it but it’s a problem that millions of Dems don’t see how irresponsible the at ude of “lol Joe Biden is old and stupid but we just need him to make it until Election Day!” is. There’s no way around the fact he comes across as an old man who’s losing his marbles. The debates have disaster potential.

EDIT - Nevermind, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that clip of Biden regarding a cognitive test, it actually reminded me of 2012 Biden kicking Paul Ryan’s teeth in.
    Didn't vote for Biden in the primary. He is the nominee. I can support him, and still be honest about his shortcomings. He is not what he was 20 years ago.

Quite frankly, he is not nearly as bad as Republicans try to make him out to be, but they bang that drum for all they are worth. Makes me mindful of how they keep trying to say AOC is dumb, when she very very clearly is not.

They set a narrative, and beat on that for all it is worth. It works for them a lot, because they are used to setting narratives and getting away with it, because the media does a really bad job at making "two sides" seem somehow
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-05-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: clarity and brevity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden was a Senator for decades, so this kind of stuff is his forte. I expect him to really beat Trump the up.

Conservatives won't get the sop of double standards for women that they got for Hillary. (women saying something that a man would seem " y" and "shrill" where the man saying same thing is "assertive")

Thread Information