Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Orly?

Recent trend seems otherwise going back at least four years.
    I wouldn’t say the Trump nomination was throwing at the wall in the context ElNono was referring to. Trump was nominated due to his ability to energize and excite certain demographics the way mainstream Republicans couldn’t. Hillary/Biden were nominated on premise that their blandness makes them really “electable” and thus the base should hold its nose and support them even though their policies are center right. In essence - the people who thought Trump was a turd didn’t vote for him, while the Hillary nomination was relying on her getting support from tens of millions of people who thought she was also a terd. Turns out that had its limits.

Fortunately for Biden the average American doesn’t view him from the contaminated lense it views Hillary with, he has a net positivety rating of 5-10% vs Hillary who had a net positivity rating of -20%. Biden just needs support from people who are indifferent to him, which is a lot easier than Hillary needing support from people who hated her.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s stupidity has largely overshadowed it but it’s a problem that millions of Dems don’t see how irresponsible the at ude of “lol Joe Biden is old and stupid but we just need him to make it until Election Day!” is. There’s no way around the fact he comes across as an old man who’s losing his marbles. The debates have disaster potential.

EDIT - Nevermind, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that clip of Biden regarding a cognitive test, it actually reminded me of 2012 Biden kicking Paul Ryan’s teeth in.
    His problem is not so much he is gaffe prone but the fact he's very combative is a meanful way almost. He got defensive there to start but played it down later.

He needs to calm the down or at least reserve those pot shots for Trump in the debates. I'd for sure go tell him to go Ivanka some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another day

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    His problem is not so much he is gaffe prone but the fact he's very combative is a meanful way almost. He got defensive there to start but played it down later.

He needs to calm the down or at least reserve those pot shots for Trump in the debates. I'd for sure go tell him to go Ivanka some more.
    Imo the debates will reach a new level of show where each one constantly interrupts the other. The good thing about Biden is he’s hardheaded enough to just keep talking every time Trump interrupts him, which is definitely better than Hillary getting thrown off by Trump’s interruptions and then crying about him being a meanie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the debates will reach a new level of show where each one constantly interrupts the other. The good thing about Biden is he’s hardheaded enough to just keep talking every time Trump interrupts him, which is definitely better than Hillary getting thrown off by Trump’s interruptions and then crying about him being a meanie.
    There wont b any debates. At least not the way we know them.

No way Bidens ppl risk exposing the senile mummy that their candidate is.

There most likely be some kind of town hall/QA and even virtual show. Calling it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There most likely be some kind of town hall/QA and even virtual show. Calling it
    They are already set and agreed upon.

Try harder

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I think there will be virtual debates which will be an even bigger show, Biden and Trump trying to talk over each other during a zoom meeting.

In person debates were going to be something where Trump had potential to make Biden look stupid, so it sucks for him that ing the pooch on managing COVID-19 has given Biden a built in excuse to skip them. He should have thought about that when he only cared about managing COVID in a way to prop the stock market up. Every other modern, rich country has managed COVID-19 to the point where it’d be safe to travel for a debate, Trump’s America is the only one that hasn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Try harder
    So was Joes trip to accept the nomination

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Try harder
    Biden should draw a line in the sand and say that Trump needs to have COVID-19 managed to certain levels before Biden agrees to travel for the debates (imo he should also say he’s not doing any debates until Trump releases his tax returns). Trump clearly thinks that the debates are where he’s going to make up ground, so Biden should weaponize them as much as possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there will be virtual debates which will be an even bigger show, Biden and Trump trying to talk over each other during a zoom meeting.

In person debates were going to be something where Trump had potential to make Biden look stupid, so it sucks for him that ing the pooch on managing COVID-19 has given Biden a built in excuse to skip them. He should have thought about that when he only cared about managing COVID in a way to prop the stock market up. Every other modern, rich country has managed COVID-19 to the point where it’d be safe to travel for a debate, Trump’s America is the only one that hasn’t.
    Virtual debates just won't cut it for a presidential debate.

I've seem some virtual debates and they all are lifeless and suck. Lots of technical issues, too.

Saw a few minutes of an AOC debate against that chick Cabrera or whatever her name is and they were talking over each other and there was so much framerate and buffering issues it made it hard to know what they were even saying.

I think the last debate between Biden and Bernie was a good blueprint to go off of. No audience, at least 12 feet separating them etc. I dont see why it cant be done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden should draw a line in the sand and say that Trump needs to have COVID-19 managed to certain levels before Biden agrees to travel for the debates (imo he should also say he’s not doing any debates until Trump releases his tax returns). Trump clearly thinks that the debates are where he’s going to make up ground, so Biden should weaponize them as much as possible.
    that will just show Biden s a scared cadaver

Trump will just on him nonstop and he wouldnt be wrong

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    that will just show Biden s a scared cadaver

Trump will just on him nonstop and he wouldnt be wrong
    If Trump is allowed to change the rules and not release his tax returns then Joe can change the rules too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump is allowed to change the rules and not release his tax returns then Joe can change the rules too.
    Whatbdoes thatbhave to do with debates? Apples and oranges

Debates are to benefit ALL americans so they can have educated decision.

You think Biden is punishing Trump for skipping them? He is punishing all americans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

President sundown's 37 minute long embarrassment will top anything you will ever be able to post about Biden.

ing watch the whole thing. it is cringy from start to finish.

I especially like the part where he really took Putin to task for supplying weapons to the Taliban.

j/k he changed the subject.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You think Biden is punishing Trump for skipping them? He is punishing all americans
    Most Americans already have decided who they will vote for.

The only point to these debates is to change the minds of 1-5% max.

Even if Trump were to pull a miracle and get 2-3% of the people to change their minds, it wouldn't be enough to save him. that ship has sailed.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Any American who still doesn’t know the differences between Trump and Biden is a ing idiot (not saying Trump supporters are idiots before someone uses that strawman, I’m saying anyone who doesn’t know the differences between them and is still undecided is an idiot), if you need the ing debates to understand ideological differences between the two you’re by definition a low information voter.

To anyone already paying attention, Trump’s tax returns would reveal a lot more new information than the debates would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Americans already have decided who they will vote for.
    Gossip

The only point to these debates is to change the minds of 1-5% max.

Even if Trump were to pull a miracle and get 2-3% of the people to change their minds, it wouldn't be enough to save him. that ship has sailed.
    1% could decide the election idiot. Youre talking about over 3 million ppl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gossip

1% could decide the election idiot. Youre talking about over 3 million ppl
    No, 1% is not going to decide this election. This isn't a close election, dummy.

It's just not.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Here’s a sample of how the debates will go:

COVID-19
    Trump: I did a great job responding to COVID-19, the governors like Cuomo ed up but it’s under control.
    Biden: No it’s not, 1,000 people are dying every day in the country. If I’m president I’ll expand safety nets and implement a mask mandate.

Healthcare
    Trump: We should kill Obamacare and allow policies to be sold across state lines.
    Buden: We should expand Obamacare and add a public option or the ability to buy into Medicare

Tax
    Trump: My tax cuts helped the middle class and grew the economy
    Biden: No they didn’t, they were a handout to rich people and we should roll them back

If you actually need this^ to decide who to vote for, you should kill yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, 1% is not going to decide this election. This isn't a close election, dummy.

It's just not.
    Gossip

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater my . When you have states like Arizona as a likely flip, NC, Georgia and Florida all in play and favoring the dems, you can’t call this a close race right now.

Sorry you foolishly locked yourself in and put all your eggs on the orange re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater my . When you have states like Arizona as a likely flip, NC, Georgia and Florida all in play and favoring the dems, you can’t call this a close race right now.

Sorry you foolishly locked yourself in and put all your eggs on the orange re .
    Gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo Semite!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's literally a lie.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another day

Don't have a problem with the latest quote. Probably one of his more cognitive moments; though he assuredly had that drilled into him just to retain it.
    But then he ended on the "I shouldn't say", which has became his saying for 'I lost my train of thought'.

Thread Information