Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Put Dj in Embid’s lap on defense up 2. Leaves three wide open. The one shot that beats you. I don’t care about doubling earlier in the game. But that’s the one play when you can’t. A two doesn’t beat you. Plus you have time left. Take last shot either win or go to OT.

2. Runs a play to get Poetl a contested lay-up. The least offensive capable player on the floor vs the most defensive capable. Smh.

How much longer can these guys go all out only to continue to be put in the worst positions to win by coaching and staff???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play wasn't for Poeltl. DeRozan just drove, drew a crowd and made a read.

Mills should have been in for spacing. If he wanted another young guy, then Walker or Johnson. Any of them but Murray, yet he continues to play ahead of superior players/fits as if he's earned something because of seniority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills should have been in to hit the clinching FT's, tbh. That's Pop biggest mistake. One that has been making for years. It's almost as if he doesn't give a about paying attention to detail anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you seriously think Pop told DJ to completely sag off of the inbounder who also happened to be their best three point shooter when only a three beats you?

Or do you think it's more likely DJ made a bonehead mistake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills should have been in to hit the clinching FT's, tbh. That's Pop biggest mistake. One that has been making for years. It's almost as if he doesn't give a about paying attention to detail anymore.
    Mills was in for that possession. After the game of hot potato, the ball ended up in White's hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure either of thsoe two plays are on Pop. Especially the double. You never want to double off an inbounder because it always leads to an open 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills was in for that possession. After the game of hot potato, the ball ended up in White's hands.
    Was he the main target of the possession?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you seriously think Pop told DJ to completely sag off of the inbounder who also happened to be their best three point shooter when only a three beats you?

I seriously think Pop didn't give any consideration to a guy shooting 45 3FG on the season.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djm the bed per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play wasn't for Poeltl. DeRozan just drove, drew a crowd and made a read.

Mills should have been in for spacing. If he wanted another young guy, then Walker or Johnson. Any of them but Murray, yet he continues to play ahead of superior players/fits as if he's earned something because of seniority.
    Poof
    ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This lost makes me sick to my stomach.

Even my little sister knows to not give up a 3 pointer when you're up by 2. I don't care if you get a wide open dunk. YOU CAN'T LOSE THE GAME ON A 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The loss is on Murray. He made mistakes on offense and defense late in the game that cost the Spurs.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure either of thsoe two plays are on Pop. Especially the double. You never want to double off an inbounder because it always leads to an open 3.
    Horry for three!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That was all on DJ. He hedged & then didn't make an effort to close out on the WIDE OPEN shooter. Stupid, bone-headed mistake. Watch the replay & you'll see Pop reacting in disbelief at Murray just standing there for a moment watching his man freak out at being left so open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manus infamous foul on Dork in 2006 was after Pop reminded in the huddle "Do not foul the shooter."

So I'm willing to hear what CIA Pop said in the timeout if any media grow a pair and ask. Don't care if he gives his juvenile narcist idiotic evasive answer, just ask it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The inbound, he (Spurs coach Gregg Popovich) wanted me to be in, faceguard Embiid, but also me get back right away," Murray said. "That was just a mistake on my end, not getting back right away when the ball was inbounded."

BSPN
    ​

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett brown played that possession great. There was a reason milton inbounded the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Growing pains, Murray also should have feed the hot hand in DeRozen instead of taking that floater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The inbound, he (Spurs coach Gregg Popovich) wanted me to be in, faceguard Embiid, but also me get back right away," Murray said. "That was just a mistake on my end, not getting back right away when the ball was inbounded.
    That's a terrible idea. If you're facing Embiid, that means your back is to the shooter...which means it will take you longer to get back.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the 60% of the time Milton misses that three Pop is a genius, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just imagine if Spurs won the first three games with Pop in San Antonio. Everyone would be pushing Becky for the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the 60% of the time Milton misses that three Pop is a genius, right?
    Nah, you can have a great play set up and just miss. It was a bone-headed mistake by Dejounte, apparently on Pop's orders, which isn't too surprising. Especially considering the modern era and how willing every player is to shoot a 3 over 2's, which are becoming depreciated - it was pretty obvious that Embiid was the bait. As others said though, it's growing pains, and we're lucky these 8 games don't really count for much. I'd rather DJ make this mistake now than in a playoffs series, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it still hurts

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you can have a great play set up and just miss. It was a bone-headed mistake by Dejounte, apparently on Pop's orders, which isn't too surprising. Especially considering the modern era and how willing every player is to shoot a 3 over 2's, which are becoming depreciated - it was pretty obvious that Embiid was the bait. As others said though, it's growing pains, and we're lucky these 8 games don't really count for much. I'd rather DJ make this mistake now than in a playoffs series, tbh.
    I should have put that in blue, it was half-sarcastic. Definitely a bonehead play by DJ. I just don't like all the overreactions over one play in a close game. There were plenty of other things that could have gone differently. I do think Embiid was the primary option if he was single-covered. I agree with the rest though, good post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im a big fan of murray, but i dont know why pop had him in the game over mills on that last possession

Thread Information