Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cameron payne is a whole different person... dude was so scrubby on okc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are gonna be out of this before we even play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic/Porzingis not playing? that sucks. Man the Giannis suspension ugh

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, remember how Popovich refused to play White and Murray together for 50+ games this season?

L O L

He doesn't deserve the playoff streak to continue

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA screwed this up royally. Could have had some fun games between the teams that are actually competing for the final spots down the stretch, instead of games against teams that have nothing left to play for.

Imagine if Memphis-Spurs and Portland-Phoenix was today instead? This finish is so anti-climactic.

All that said, Adam Silver did an amazing job pulling this off when it feels like every other sport is a disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, remember how Popovich refused to play White and Murray together for 50+ games this season?

L O L

this. But of course he'll blame the players and keeps coaching next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best case scenario is Holt fires poop after the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA screwed this up royally. Could have had some fun games between the teams that are actually competing for the final spots down the stretch, instead of games against teams that have nothing left to play for.

Imagine if Memphis-Spurs and Portland-Phoenix was today instead? This finish is so anti-climactic.

All that said, Adam Silver did an amazing job pulling this off when it feels like every other sport is a disaster.
    Instead of a play-in between two teams it should have been a mini-tournment between all the teams involved. Especially considering the discrepancy on number of games played.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was going to end eventually, but it shouldn't have ended in, at the very least, the next 2 or 3 seasons imho. Pop really ed us on this.

The only reason he didn't put the best team possible out on the floor this season, was for nothing else other than he wanted to do the opposite of what most people knew he should be doing.

He doesn't want others to be right, and or he would rather lose his way, then win anybody else's. I mean that, because that's what it appeared to be. He plays his best players, were in the playoffs easy.

I could be wrong on all of this about Pop, but this is just what it appeared to be to me at least
    Last edited by Barfunk; 08-13-2020 at 04:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of a play-in between two teams it should have been a mini-tournment between all the teams involved. Especially considering the discrepancy on number of games played.
    Reward regular season teams that were bad for a mini hot streak? While negating teams that did much better in the reg season?

No.
    If Suns don't get in it's because all the games they lost earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka done for the game...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yeah I mean Silver's bubble plan has been masterful so far. 0 infections in comparison to the MLB catastrophe.

I think the play in game is total BS, though. Either you are an 8 seed or you are not Trying to get Zion in the postseason anyway possible I guess. I hope this play-in non sense does not extend past this season...I'm probably in the minority on that, though.

And I think all these teams should not have been allowed to rest star players during this restart. The games are already without incentive(HCA) and now they want to load manage. It was sort of obvious today even before the games started that big names were out and that Spurs would be gone before they even tipoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp that's pretty much it. We had a good run but Pops re edness cost us the all time playoff steak. And it will likely never be broken now. in lame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of trying to make a play-in between two teams Pop just should've started White for Forbes all season long
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reward regular season teams that were bad for a mini hot streak? While negating teams that did much better in the reg season?

No.
    If Suns don't get in it's because all the games they lost earlier.
    Nop, make it fair for everybody within the same winning %. I'm not saying include everybody on the mini-tournament, just the teams that are within a game of each other (Spurs, Suns, Blazers and Grizzlies). They have similar records because of what they did in the bubble AND the rest of the regular season. It is kind of unfair that the only reason the Spurs will get eliminated is because they played 2 less games than everybody else, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, this blows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nop, make it fair for everybody within the same winning %. I'm not saying include everybody on the mini-tournament, just the teams that are within a game of each other (Spurs, Suns, Blazers and Grizzlies). They have similar records because of what they did in the bubble AND the rest of the regular season. It is kind of unfair that the only reason the Spurs will get eliminated is because they played 2 less games than everybody else, tbh.
    Oh ya that does make sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MURRAY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.2.Cancun!

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so frustrating that he refused to play Murray and White together, while also having Walker ride the pine most of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

L O L

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think the 8th seed would be in our hands if not for that choke.

Oh well, go Suns. Give us that 10th postion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so frustrating that he refused to play Murray and White together, while also having Walker ride the pine most of the season.
    This “youth movement” that’s happening in bubble should have began after that Lonnie Houston game. Only reason it happened now was Bc no one expected Spurs to make a run at playoffs. Pop shot himself in foot proving that he was wrong all season with how great the young guys played in bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not only missing the playoffs that sucks, it's missing the playoffs AND getting a ty, worthless, low-end lottery pick too

Thread Information