Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think the NBA should have done what the NHL did. It gives everyone a fairer chance of getting into the playoffs, regardless of if you played more games pre-Corona. (Which puts Spurs at disadvantage, since they played less games than others in the 8-12 place).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think the NBA should have done what the NHL did. It gives everyone a fairer chance of getting into the playoffs, regardless of if you played more games pre-Corona. (Which puts Spurs at disadvantage, since they played less games than others in the 8-12 place).
    what did the nhl do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did the nhl do?
    Teams who had a chance to make playoffs/not make playoffs (Seeds 5-12) played each other in a best of 5 series (Seed 5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9). Winner of each of those series made playoffs. Seeds 1-4 played each other, round robin style, to finalize top seeds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams who had a chance to make playoffs/not make playoffs (Seeds 5-12) played each other in a best of 5 series (Seed 5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9). Winner of each of those series made playoffs. Seeds 1-4 played each other, round robin style, to finalize top seeds.
    With as close as the compe ion in the West is, I don't know how I'd feel about a 5th seed getting knocked out by a 12th seed, etc. Teams played 60 games to establish those spots, and I could easily see them losing it in a short series if a team like Phoenix or Portland gets hot.

I think the play-in for 8th is pretty fair, but I don't know why the NBA stuck with 8 games flat. They should've added enough games so that everyone had played an even amount. It will be a shame if the Spurs (or any team) finishes with the same amount of wins but loses the spot due to percentage points because they didn't play as many games, and that's looking entirely likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs TBD game on the 13th has a time of 5:30 CST and will be on TNT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz:

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV tickets
    Tue, Aug 11 vs Boston 5:30 PM
    Thu, Aug 13 vs Milwaukee TBD

Blazers:

Tue, Aug 11 @ Dallas 5:30 PM TNT
    Thu, Aug 13 @ Brooklyn TBD

Suns:

Mon, Aug 10 vs Oklahoma City 1:30 PM
    Tue, Aug 11 @ Philadelphia 3:30 PM
    Thu, Aug 13 vs Dallas TBD
    Dallas is resting Doncic and Porzingis vs Portland. Brooklyn will rest everybody in their last game. Blazers will win both games.

Boston and Milwaukee have already defined their seed. With no reason to take any risk, I expect them to rest players as well. However, I won’t be surprised if the young Grizzlies keep losing, specially their last game being against the wall.

Phoenix faces two of the few teams still battling for something. I think OKC can finish their streak. Embiid sprained ankle could be good enough to play some minutes vs the Suns and coach Brown would take advantage of any time his team can adapt to competing without Simmons.

I dream with the Spurs beating the Jazz again in their last game. If Snyder restd some of his guys, the dream becomes feasible. Before that, Spurs must win the Rockets game and this is the real challenge for our team. Should Spurs win this game, they would put a lot of pressure on Suns’ and Grizzlies’ shoulders. So this is my prediction:

- Blazers 8th
    - If SAS-HOU is a W, then Spurs have real chances for being 9th and lose the play-in vs Portland. I’d
    consider this a great outcome given the cir stances.
    - To me, he most probable scenario is the Spurs losing vs Houston. End of season. Too many players out for us and D’Antoni is eager to finally sending Pop go fishing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DK Live
    dklive
    12m
    NBA INJURY ALERT: Thunder PG/SG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (calf), SF/PF Danilo Gallinari (ankle), C Steven Adams (leg) and C Nerlens Noel (ankle) have been ruled out Monday vs the Suns.

A few different people are reporting this injury report for Thunder/Suns game today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like every team besides the Rockets/Jazz will be resting people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwain Price @DwainPrice
    13h
    Luka, KP and Dorian will sit out tomorrow's game against the Jazz. Those 3 have racked up a lot of minutes in the bubble. Especially since the Mavs have played three overtime games in the bubble. And the Mavs also will play Portland on Tuesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwain Price @DwainPrice
    13h
    Luka, KP and Dorian will sit out tomorrow's game against the Jazz. Those 3 have racked up a lot of minutes in the bubble. Especially since the Mavs have played three overtime games in the bubble. And the Mavs also will play Portland on Tuesday.
    This could be good news for the Spurs. I'd rather the Mavs sit their main guys tomorrow against the Jazz and have them play Thursday against Portland...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwain Price @DwainPrice
    13h
    Huge news.
    Play in -or not- will hinge on this game if Spurs win final two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as close as the compe ion in the West is, I don't know how I'd feel about a 5th seed getting knocked out by a 12th seed, etc. Teams played 60 games to establish those spots, and I could easily see them losing it in a short series if a team like Phoenix or Portland gets hot.

I think the play-in for 8th is pretty fair, but I don't know why the NBA stuck with 8 games flat. They should've added enough games so that everyone had played an even amount. It will be a shame if the Spurs (or any team) finishes with the same amount of wins but loses the spot due to percentage points because they didn't play as many games, and that's looking entirely likely.
    Yeah it would be lame if we end up with less losses than portland and memphis but still end up on the outside looking in. i naturally assumed when the restart was announced that they would either be playing with a clean slate or would make it to where all 22 teams played to like 72 games or something like that. So some teams would play less games in the restart and others would play more games. but that way you have the same amount of games between each teams across the board for the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden and Gordon out tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden and Gordon out tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in time...

Well, he isn’t in the starting lineup. Hopefully he won’t play at all, that would help us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still amazing players are missing tests. I would show up to the testing site every day just to verify I'm good.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    okc vs suns rn.

okc without 4 of their top 5 players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okc vs suns rn.

okc without 4 of their top 5 players.
    Bazley (the guy who SA should have drafted) is a beast, the perfect sf / pf prototype

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bazley (the guy who SA should have drafted) is a beast, the perfect sf / pf prototype
    yeah, i'm a fan of his.

i said all season that okc should be sa's trade partner. they are dripping with players i'd take... cp3, adams, gallo, shai (not that they would trade him), schroder (patty mills 3.0), noel, bazley, diallo, dort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of 1st
    1 2 3 4 T
    OKC 37 37
    PHX 23 23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldnt call him a beast.... But hes a solid role player. Ceiling is probably Nicolas Batum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Ayton playing in 2nd quarter...

6:44 - 2nd
    1 2 3 4 T
    OKC 37 12 49
    PHX 23 21 44

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Suns!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As well as they’ve played, I think the Suns get eliminated with a loss. I can’t see a away for them to catch Portland with 40 losses.

Thread Information