Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall seeing a game before where everyone was between -4 and +4 in +/-.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this loss hurts yes it cuts deep but the way our young guys fought back is a positive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray must get the ball to DD. He kinda tried but DD was denied and then Murray waved it off. This is the basics of a PG. Get the ball over the line quickly. Get the ball to your star.
    This. Getting the ball at the right time in the right place where your scorers can do damage. That's what advanced PGs (Kidd, CP3, even Westbrook) do. Murray doesn't seem to have that IQ, at least yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how our lower 2 picks are not only playing but making an impact but our 19th pick can’t even hit the court.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Getting the ball at the right time in the right place where your scorers can do damage. That's what advanced PGs (Kidd, CP3, even Westbrook) do. Murray doesn't seem to have that IQ, at least yet.

That's because Murray isn't a PG. Not his fault. Just another stupid personnel decision by Pop. Free that young man up from PG duties, and he's immediately better on both ends of the floor.

The Spurs haven't had a PG in several years. White isn't a natural PG, but he thinks quicker than Murray. Fred VanVleet is available. He would make a huge difference on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because Murray isn't a PG. Not his fault. Just another stupid personnel decision by Pop. Free that young man up from PG duties, and he's immediately better on both ends of the floor.

The Spurs haven't had a PG in several years. White isn't a natural PG, but he thinks quicker than Murray. Fred VanVleet is available. He would make a huge difference on this team.
    Fred is going to be a sought after free agent with several big market choices (Lakers...). Doubt he chooses to move down to San Anton’

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fred is going to be a sought after free agent with several big market choices (Lakers...). Doubt he chooses to move down to San Anton’
    He's gonna get paid, for sure. I was screaming for him when he was an undrafted free agent. Probably would have lost him.

The point was just that a real PG is a different animal. I like Murray just fine. He isn't a PG, and it's really not fair to him to have him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really need to get away from the common “good guys” and “stanza” buzz words. It smacks of poor writing and common sports writer lingo. Be better.
    I actually agree with that. It's very cliche. There are no "good guys" or "bad guys" in basketball, but hey it's free content so I don't complain. It's not a bad comment if someone wants to improve their sports journalistic writing though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS there are good guys and bad guys in this venue. I reject you as the arbiters of what is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS there are good guys and bad guys in this venue. I reject you as the arbiters of what is.
    its cliche and amateuristic. if someone wants to improve their writing they would listen to suggestion. Not my beef but I do it for my own benefit when its not troll made. i don't think that comment was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades and write-up. Yeah when I saw the two fouls on Poeltl in the first minute I was convinced it was was going to be a rough one. So it was exciting to see us hang in there and come back in the 4th, if to no avail. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in some of the decision making and defensive lapses in the end, but that how you get experience I reckon. Onward ho to virtual Denver tomorrow afternoon...unless we're the home team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he's right. Amateur writing is fine as long as it's not formulaic
    Give me an amateur who knows his basketball over a lazy, unknowledgeable writer full of spin any day.

TIMVPs writing is the only reason I still come to this site, I’m sure many others are the same. It sure isn’t for the whingeing losers around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TIMVPs writing is the only reason I still come to this site, I’m sure many others are the same.

It's not the only reason I come, but it is the best reason. Timvp does a very nice job. First thing I do after every game (especially if I miss it) is check his grades. Hat's off to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually agree with that. It's very cliche. There are no "good guys" or "bad guys" in basketball, but hey it's free content so I don't complain. It's not a bad comment if someone wants to improve their sports journalistic writing though.

Zaza Pachulia was a bad guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza Pachulia was a bad guy.
    Yeah but that’s not every run of the mill bad guy referred to here. See how it’s overdone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a Whiny bunch tbh. They complain about those who complain, probably the worst bunch, plus no sense of humor. And ruffles easily feathered to boot Not talking about Zeus either but the long time lurkers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I reject you as the arbiter of what is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its cliche and amateuristic. if someone wants to improve their writing they would listen to suggestion. Not my beef but I do it for my own benefit when its not troll made. i don't think that comment was.
    Calling an amateur sports writer an amateur is a dumbass criticism. Especially when he's far better at it than most of the idiots who get paid to do it.

And using the terms good/bad guys is totally appropriate on a team fan website.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but that’s not every run of the mill bad guy referred to here. See how it’s overdone?

No. What I see is this: if you don't like the way LJ writes, go read someone else's post-game grades. Start your own Spurs site and do better if you can. You're a professional critic of sports writers now, with the right to call him "amateuristic"? GTFO.

I'm interested in content, and his is better than 90% of what is puked out by people whose full time job it is to write about sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It part of this bs cancel culture. She thinks she is arbiter of what is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. What I see is this: if you don't like the way LJ writes, go read someone else's post-game grades. Start your own Spurs site and do better if you can. You're a professional critic of sports writers now, with the right to call him "amateuristic"? GTFO.

I'm interested in content, and his is better than 90% of what is puked out by people whose full time job it is to write about sports.
    I was responding to “constructive” criticism on his writing. This isn’t even about an original comment I made.
    I agreed it could improve, like everyone’s manners.
    Is everyone scratching their balls when they post here bc it seems like it. GTFO bc why not? Let’s use your manners.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 08-07-2020 at 02:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me an amateur who knows his basketball over a lazy, unknowledgeable writer full of spin any day.

TIMVPs writing is the only reason I still come to this site, I’m sure many others are the same. It sure isn’t for the whingeing losers around here.
    Same here.

It's not the only reason I come, but it is the best reason. Timvp does a very nice job. First thing I do after every game (especially if I miss it) is check his grades. Hat's off to him.
    Couldn't agree more.

Calling an amateur sports writer an amateur is a dumbass criticism. Especially when he's far better at it than most of the idiots who get paid to do it.

And using the terms good/bad guys is totally appropriate on a team fan website.
    Of course!

Yes I was going to refrain from remarking about the pretentious bull written here by a couple of people and ask them what the they have ever done, but I'm glad some of you have spoken up. I'm very grateful for the work timvp and Kori Ellis have done here at Spurtalk. Is there a longer running sports forum created by fans out there? I greatly look forward to the game reviews and grades and could care less about the blathering of some sports pundit who might not know the names of the players on the team. Thanks to LJ and Kori!

I'd also like to add if you are giving your unsolicited advice about 'how to improve your writing,' try not to do it with several illiterate and poorly written sentences.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a Whiny bunch tbh. They complain about those who complain, probably the worst bunch, plus no sense of humor. And ruffles easily feathered to boot Not talking about Zeus either but the long time lurkers
    How about a bit of respect for the main man around here that spends a decent portion of his time doing the grades, for people like you, free of charge. I think everyone here knows he’s not an ESPN journalist and just a big time Spurs fan that knows his basketball, the Spurs and Pop. Nowhere else on the internet will you find analysis game by game that you find here.

Nothing wrong with criticism, but if you’re going to criticize make it worthwhile and not hone in on phrases or terms you individually don’t like. And the critic probably wouldn’t have gotten a reply if he didn’t sign off with a disrespectful ‘be better’.
    Last edited by Longlonglongtimelurk; 08-07-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Thread Information