Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My business got hit this last weekend...Dude used a battery powered saw to cut through the outside wall and inner wall to get into one of my warehouses..he tripped a motion detector but we have had some issues with cats tripping sensors so we just waited to see if any other sensors tripped. I have a ton of cameras too, but none in that smaller warehouse...just motion detectors...

Anyway, the dude stole about $1000.00+ of stranded copper wire on spools and carried it off in an old empty tool bag that belonged to one of my employees...it had his name on it. My office is near the Haven for the Hopeless downtown and we have a lot of "druggie dropouts" that hang out in the neighborhood. In case it was one of them I called a metal recycling yard near us and let them know a bunch of wire got stolen and asked them to give us a call if someone sold them any...

So the dude shows up yesterday and sells the wire for scrap (got about $400 scrap value) and the wire was still in my employee's tool bag. We got the call and went and identified it. The scrap yard got a copy of his drivers license, had video of him selling the wire, had a signed receipt, and got info on the car he was driving. Slam dunk, right?

Nope...

The Police were great during the whole thing...very prompt and professional and totally agreed that we had identified the thief...BUT, they were totally disgusted with the new District Attorney...they couldn't even present the DA with the case unless they had clear video of him actually taking the wire, or an eye witness of the same...All the other evidence didn't matter.

Sooo...the dude gets away clean and is encouraged to come back and do it again...I'm obviously adding another camera there in case he comes back, but pretty disgusted with the at ude of the DA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do the police need the DA's permission to arrest criminal suspects? sounds like the police might be bull ting you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    My business got hit this last weekend...Dude used a battery powered saw to cut through the outside wall and inner wall to get into one of my warehouses..he tripped a motion detector but we have had some issues with cats tripping sensors so we just waited to see if any other sensors tripped. I have a ton of cameras too, but none in that smaller warehouse...just motion detectors...

Anyway, the dude stole about $1000.00+ of stranded copper wire on spools and carried it off in an old empty tool bag that belonged to one of my employees...it had his name on it. My office is near the Haven for the Hopeless downtown and we have a lot of "druggie dropouts" that hang out in the neighborhood. In case it was one of them I called a metal recycling yard near us and let them know a bunch of wire got stolen and asked them to give us a call if someone sold them any...

So the dude shows up yesterday and sells the wire for scrap (got about $400 scrap value) and the wire was still in my employee's tool bag. We got the call and went and identified it. The scrap yard got a copy of his drivers license, had video of him selling the wire, had a signed receipt, and got info on the car he was driving. Slam dunk, right?

Nope...

The Police were great during the whole thing...very prompt and professional and totally agreed that we had identified the thief...BUT, they were totally disgusted with the new District Attorney...they couldn't even present the DA with the case unless they had clear video of him actually taking the wire, or an eye witness of the same...All the other evidence didn't matter.

Sooo...the dude gets away clean and is encouraged to come back and do it again...I'm obviously adding another camera there in case he comes back, but pretty disgusted with the at ude of the DA...
    New DA is not exactly Susan Reed is he? I have heard the same from SAPD. They need video of everything and if the jerk off thief is wearing a mask, even the video is of no use.

Biden's America.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    New DA is not exactly Susan Reed is he? I have heard the same from SAPD. They need video of everything and if the jerk off thief is wearing a mask, even the video is of no use.

Biden's America.

Local law enforcement complaint... better get a dig in at the President!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Joe Gonzales became Bexar County DA in 2019. Thanks Trump!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Local law enforcement complaint... better get a dig in at the President!
    San Antonio not in America?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    police not doing their jobs and blaming it on prosecutors is def a trend

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    police not doing their jobs and blaming it on prosecutors is def a trend
    That could be part of it. After being demonized by Democrats for 2 years they probably just want to sit in their patrol cars and check their social media accounts now.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be part of it. After being demonized by Democrats for 2 years they probably just want to sit in their patrol cars and check their social media accounts now.
    defending snowflake cops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blaming protests against abusive policing was the excuse in 2020-1, now their excuse for sitting on their hands is librul DAs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defending snowflake cops
    be nice to us or we won't protect you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be nice to us or we won't protect you
    It's sad when cops and their Trump apologists admit they have thinner skin than female Democratic politicians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id they are short staffed or don't have many funds, they have to choose where to spend their resources.
    it's hardly a new thing that police generally don't investigate or punish property crimes.

they're not so great at clearing violent crimes either, no matter how much money we throw at them.

they're great at picking on poor people and druggies, though. mostly by piling up bull misdemeanors during discretionary stops.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's sad when cops and their Trump apologists admit they have thinner skin than female Democratic politicians.
    Republicans when the police don't want to do their jobs: "This is understandable because protestors gave them a sad."

Republicans when literally anyone else doesn't want to do their job: "Stop being such a lazy bum or starve."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    San Antonio not in America?
    What specific Presidential decree lead to the SAPD's video evidence policy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's hardly a new thing that police generally don't investigate or punish property crimes.

they're not so great at clearing violent crimes either, no matter how much money we throw at them.

they're great at picking on poor people and druggies, though. mostly by piling up bull misdemeanors during discretionary stops.
    They leave druggie and homeless alone and bother the working class.
    easy to pick on, can afford to pay fines. until they can't anymore, at which point they go to jail and rack up even more fees and fines. at which point they often lose their jobs and become poor people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops to thief: did you steal this

Thief: no, I found it

Cops to CC: Do you have video of eye witness testimony of this person stealing it

CC: no

I mean, what's not to get here?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly the cops knew this guy was just going to say he found it in the side of the road. The cops knew this and since cc got his property back anyway they weren't going to devote anymore time into a small crime so they just blamed the DA and stealth told cc to put cameras up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to pass your business all the time leaving downtown from UTSA and always thought you were in a prime location for some homeless guy to waltz in and take something. Surprised you don't have dogs roaming the property.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The druggie dropout is the real victim. Deprived of opportunity by capitalist elites he is forced to scavenge copper wire just to buy groceries in a land of no opportunity. The strength and ingenuity he has shown just to get through just one more day is to be admired not punished.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've found "warning you are being watched" type signs to be more effective than actual cameras with no signs, fwiw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The druggie dropout is the real victim. Deprived of opportunity by capitalist elites he is forced to scavenge copper wire just to buy groceries in a land of no opportunity. The strength and ingenuity he has shown just to get through just one more day is to be admired not punished.
    Great story. See if you can get it published as a pop up book to be sold at all finer alt right book stores

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    texags.com straw machine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops to thief: did you steal this

Thief: no, I found it

Cops to CC: Do you have video of eye witness testimony of this person stealing it

CC: no

I mean, what's not to get here?
    We have video of him selling the identifiable stolen property the next day. What's not to get here dip ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have video of him selling the identifiable stolen property the next day. What's not to get here dip ?
    I get that you still don't get it.

Thread Information