Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supreme Court upholds TX rejection of Confederate Flag license plate: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/politi...me-court-case/

The Confederate Flag is still flying full mast in SC and it's pissing people off: http://abcnews.go.com/US/confederate...ry?id=31863705

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sieg heil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The South loses again. I am seriously surprised that Thomas didn't support the flag.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muh heritage!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Never forget who you are and where you came from, heil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't be coming down from the South Carolina state capital any time soon though. They may have lost the war, but they're not losing that battle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Richmond VA. They recently had a "bury the confederate flag" rally in response to a sons of the confederacy rally.

One guy in his 80's was asked why the flag wasn't racist and he basically said it wasn't because his grandfather believed in the flag. Of course his grandfather was traitor and likely a racist as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These things always fascinate me. I wonder if this leads to the inevitable discussing of flying the American flag when America is full of racists and questionable military enagements and was founded on a lot of murder and war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supreme Court upholds TX rejection of Confederate Flag license plate: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/politi...me-court-case/

The Confederate Flag is still flying full mast in SC and it's pissing people off: http://abcnews.go.com/US/confederate...ry?id=31863705
    There's zero reason why it should be hanging at the capital in the first place.

but ...but ....southern heritage

whats there to be proud of?

they owned people, succeeded from their country then got beat by the union.

Then they preceded to terrorize blacks for decades.

southern heritage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's zero reason why it should be hanging at the capital in the first place.

but ...but ....southern heritage

whats there to be proud of?

they owned people, succeeded from their country then got beat by the union.

Then they preceded to terrorize blacks for decades.

southern heritage
    Which is sort of ironic since NY seems to have some of the most racist people today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is sort of ironic since NY seems to have some of the most racist people today
    California and Florida have high concentrations of hate groups, 13 cops have been fired in the past 7 months from both states for being apart of the KKK or sending racially charged messages to each other. In Cali they are in the process of reviewing a 1000 cases where the officers were involved to make sure there wasn't racial bias.

Laughable to think racism is confined to the south. Its still pretty prevalent, it just doesn't usually manifest itself in church massacres by a terrorist-racist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am honestly legitimately nervous about the state of our world/country. It feels like tensions are so high, fuel is being constantly poured on the fire (not in a healthy way) and I am seeing more and more people from all sides crawling out from the woodwork with radical mindsets.

You are seeing these types of shootings. You are seeing people then mix rioting with protesting. You are seeing this outrage and mistrust that while justified in many cases, it's being painted broadly. Despite what I feel to be progress and the best it's ever been, race relations feels more explosive than I can ever remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am honestly legitimately nervous about the state of our world/country. It feels like tensions are so high, fuel is being constantly poured on the fire (not in a healthy way) and I am seeing more and more people from all sides crawling out from the woodwork with radical mindsets.

You are seeing these types of shootings. You are seeing people then mix rioting with protesting. You are seeing this outrage and mistrust that while justified in many cases, it's being painted broadly. Despite what I feel to be progress and the best it's ever been, race relations feels more explosive than I can ever remember.
    funny, wasn't Obama supposed to be a post racial president or some bs? If anything he's added lots of fuel to the fire imo. Tensions do feel worse than I can remember.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

yeah it's getting pretty nuts. Glad I live in a place where I won't have to deal with it and will never live downtown in a city.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    funny, wasn't Obama supposed to be a post racial president or some bs? If anything he's added lots of fuel to the fire imo. Tensions do feel worse than I can remember.
    Almost seems like part of his plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Barry getting elected and what not brought the topic front and center, and in that sense, I think we've largely failed. What seemed like a good opportunity turned into more division.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Barry getting elected and what not brought the topic front and center, and in that sense, I think we've largely failed. What seemed like a good opportunity turned into more division.
    I somewhat disagree. Going back to the beer summit, it seems Obama has inflamed every race situation before the facts were in. I've seen other black leaders handle these situations with far more grace. Obama is really a terrible leader and an empty suit imo, but he could just be doing what his masters want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I somewhat disagree. Going back to the beer summit, it seems Obama has inflamed every race situation before the facts were in. I've seen other black leaders handle these situations with far more grace. Obama is really a terrible leader and an empty suit imo, but he could just be doing what his masters want.
    IMO, the moment you start pointing fingers, something didn't work. I think there were a lot of actors (including Barry) on both sides that didn't help the situation.

But I think it goes deeper than that. Regardless of what you think of his administration, the fact that he was elected invited a cultural introspection of where we are as a nation on this topic, and generally speaking, the conclusion seems to be that resentment and hate are still a big part of this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost seems like part of his plan.
    yep, Obama caused Iraq, inequality, fracking earthquakes, the Banksters Great Depression, racism, all which is evidence that you hate the guy because of his skin color.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    resentment and hate are still a big part of this.
    yep. civil rights in the US diminished racist impunity, but it didn't cure racism.

if the election of Obama showed us how far we've come, his presidency has underscored how far we have to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't like his politics or the way he has handled being president, that's above the belt but he hasn't done really anything to rile up race. He didn't run as the "post racial president" he was labeled that after being elected. Obviously that's crazy, race has never not been an issue in this country and him being elected almost certainly made things worse. That really can't be blamed on him.

-Unarmed black teen shot walking home from a convenient store, he has a press conference to respond to the situation.

-Unarmed black man choked to death on camera, officer not indicted, he responds to the protest.

-Unarmed black teen shot-he has a press conference to respond to the protest/rioting. Justice Department gets sent they find systematic racism in the police department forcing them to clean house.

-Man illegally arrested by police, then suffers a spinal cord injury in police discussing. He responds to the protest/rioting.

- Nine black people murdered by a terrorist-he responds

Alot of the racial tension has come from alleged police misconduct. Take Cleveland, where 12 cops walked after murdering 2 unarmed black people.

He has done quite a bit to work toward solving race relations. He's requested funds for 50,000 body camera's for police. And attempted to smooth things over, despite conservatives labeling it race baiting.

If anything hate groups have been getting bigger since he became president because... he's president.

They shot up since he began running for president back in 07.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to be a uniter when neither side is willing to give an inch or admit to any faults, and when every observation about our flaws is met with hysterical butthurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to be a uniter when neither side is willing to give an inch or admit to any faults, and when every observation about our flaws is met with hysterical butthurt.
    false equivalence, but continue in your delsions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone realize that it's the 150th anniversary of the end of the Civil War?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone realize that it's the 150th anniversary of the end of the Civil War?
    sure, anyone who stays informed.

Also, the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo. Huge re-enactment this week.

Thread Information