Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ with his current contract is OK player, but at 17mi per year, unless he takes that next step, he will be huge liability. To me, he needs to learn how to finish near the rim meaning be able to take the contract and score the basket. His rebounding is him main asset right now, he needs a second thing that can do very well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Synergy Playtypes
    Player Cut Transition Roll Man Spot up Off-Screen Isolation Handoff Post Up PNR Ballhandler
    Demar Derozan 50 73 - 39 57 90 77 82 90
    Bryn Forbes - 57 - 81 82 - 85 - 52
    Marco Bellineli 17 72 - 59 55 - 60 - 41
    Patty Mills - 77 - 95 54 10 83 - 83
    Dejounte Murray 12 51 - 48 - 38 18 - 31
    Derrick White 65 34 - 71 47 36 99 - 86
    Lonnie Walker 48 11 - 58 - 80 81 - 9
    Keldon Johnson 53 64 - 99 - - - - 92
    Cut Transition Roll Man Spot up Off-Screen Isolation Handoff Post Up PNR Ballhandler
    Spurs 21th 7th 18th 7th 10th 7th 1st 6th 5th

- Derozan is the spurs best lead creator by far
    - Dejounte is an average to below average lead ballhandler
    - Derrick strength is off-ball secondary creator ( spotups, cuts , handoffs )
    - Lonnie has long ways to go to handle the pick and roll but is the only good isolation scorer out of the 4
    - Keldon has shown potential as a pick and roll ballhandler but on very small sample size
    - There is no one in this group that can replace Bryn shooting off screen except for derrick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you get this data? Is it free?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you get this data? Is it free?
    Yeah nba.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Synergy Playtypes
    Player Cut Transition Roll Man Spot up Off-Screen Isolation Handoff Post Up PNR Ballhandler
    Cut Transition Roll Man Spot up Off-Screen Isolation Handoff Post Up PNR Ballhandler

- Lonnie has long ways to go to handle the pick and roll but is the only good isolation scorer out of the 4
    - Keldon has shown potential as a pick and roll ballhandler but on very small sample size
    - There is no one in this group that can replace Bryn shooting off screen except for derrick

Is there any way to adjust Lonnie's numbers to only include Bubble games? I think his play during the Bubble is more indicative of how he will play going forward. He showed a great improvement in feel for the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is his potential value? I am sure other teams know his flaws......what can we realistically get in return?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Synergy Playtypes

Is there any way to adjust Lonnie's numbers to only include Bubble games? I think his play during the Bubble is more indicative of how he will play going forward. He showed a great improvement in feel for the game.

Lonnie and DJ are both mis-used, on a malformed roster. It's hard to gauge what either one of them are capable of. I'm a little surprised that Lonnie looks that bad in transition, but the rest is pretty unsurprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and DJ are both mis-used, on a malformed roster. It's hard to gauge what either one of them are capable of. I'm a little surprised that Lonnie looks that bad in transition, but the rest is pretty unsurprising.
    i think the people who are saying that Lonnie has star potential haven’t realized the Pop hasn’t called a single play for Lonnie in the two years he’s been here. It’s not that the offense doesn’t run through him, it’s more that Pop does not and has not called a play to get him into rhythm offensively. For me, that’s more telling than any stat of Lonnie’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the people who are saying that Lonnie has star potential haven’t realized the Pop hasn’t called a single play for Lonnie in the two years he’s been here. It’s not that the offense doesn’t run through him, it’s more that Pop does not and has not called a play to get him into rhythm offensively. For me, that’s more telling than any stat of Lonnie’s.
    Uh, was that a mistype? I think you're missing a "doesn't" there so the sentence makes sense. I for one, certainly think Lonnie has star potential, and also absolutely recognize Pop has been shunning him. It's no secret at all - has everyone forgotten Lonnie literally not seeing the court at all 1 game out of 2 for like, the first half of this very season? Pop just loathes him or something, he's been the whipping boy right up until the bubble. It's especially stupid since Lonnie is clearly a player who's best with the ball in his hands, and yet the Spurs Gameplan seems to particularly and forcefully relegate Lonnie to a Rockettes-esque spot-up corner shooter who doesn't do anything else.

I think at some point, Pop is trying to make one of his stupid statements, like "prove to me you're so good that we HAVE TO call plays for you" or some BS like that. It's ed with Lonnie's mentality for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, was that a mistype? I think you're missing a "doesn't" there so the sentence makes sense. I for one, certainly think Lonnie has star potential, and also absolutely recognize Pop has been shunning him. It's no secret at all - has everyone forgotten Lonnie literally not seeing the court at all 1 game out of 2 for like, the first half of this very season? Pop just loathes him or something, he's been the whipping boy right up until the bubble. It's especially stupid since Lonnie is clearly a player who's best with the ball in his hands, and yet the Spurs Gameplan seems to particularly and forcefully relegate Lonnie to a Rockettes-esque spot-up corner shooter who doesn't do anything else.

I think at some point, Pop is trying to make one of his stupid statements, like "prove to me you're so good that we HAVE TO call plays for you" or some BS like that. It's ed with Lonnie's mentality for sure.
    No I said it right. I hear people say he has star potential and that he’s going to become a more focal point of the offense, or should become one soon, and I’m just thinking to myself the dude has never had a play called for him. He is going to suck next year. Bad coaching, no role, no dead eye spot on the floor, no chance in getting into a rhythm when on the floor. These are all things Lonnie is going to deal with next year as well and so anybody saying he’s going to have a good season next year is deluding themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the others start or are you saying they are not PG? Dinwiddie would be the closest to starting but he is the backup to Kyrie when healthy. If your going to say they are combo guards so is Murray.
    I'm saying they're either clearly starting caliber (Schroder, Smart, Dinwiddie) or third guards (Hill, Clarkson). Labeling them backup "PG's" makes it sound like they're roughly 15 mpg players.

Didn't they know Bertans inside and out? Asking for a friend.
    They underutilized him, but it's not like they didn't know his skillset. The other 29 front offices are going to be acutely aware of Murray's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I said it right. I hear people say he has star potential and that he’s going to become a more focal point of the offense, or should become one soon, and I’m just thinking to myself the dude has never had a play called for him. He is going to suck next year. Bad coaching, no role, no dead eye spot on the floor, no chance in getting into a rhythm when on the floor. These are all things Lonnie is going to deal with next year as well and so anybody saying he’s going to have a good season next year is deluding themselves.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Well, I think there's quite a lot more years to be had for Lonnie to attain s om, than there are of Pop coaching the Spurs. I know the mentality here is that he'll be coaching till 90 or something like that, but he realistically doesn't have many years left, especially if the Spurs don't get right back into contention or at least playoff-caliber team. I can't see Pop staying for, say, 3 more seasons on a tanking team. And then you consider Lonnie is 21...

I don't know that he'll "suck" outright next season. He will for sure if he doesn't use the summer to work in the glaring holes in his game that were exposed in the bubble, but if he puts in the time and effort, I don't see how he couldn't at least be serviceable even without plays called for him. Lonnie's most dangerous enemy is himself - if you compile every near-miss he had at the rim in the 8 bubble games, I'm certain he could've come close to at least 10PPG or even better. I'm certainly not expecting him to break out next season, but the one after that, that's going to be his chance - especially since, if I'm not mistaken, that would be his contract year after the rookie contract is up.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn’t had a lot of things go in his favor. If the spurs get rid of Forbes and Belinelli, then his minutes should go up. I am cautiously optimistic that Pop will give him an increased role next year, but it’s not certain by any means. Walker doesn’t have a great feel for the game, so he’s still trying to figure out what his role is. He has work to do but he seems up to the challenge. And he doesn’t sulk like Dejounte, so that helps.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC: Snell, Lyles, & SAS 11th
    SAS: Gallinari (Sign and trade) & DET 7th
    DET: Murray & OKC 25th

Haliburton. Mills. Weatherspoon
    White. Walker. Belinelli
    DeRozan. Johnson. Open - Batum?
    Gallinari. Gay. Samanic
    Aldridge. Poeltl. Tillie

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I see what you mean. Well, I think there's quite a lot more years to be had for Lonnie to attain s om, than there are of Pop coaching the Spurs. I know the mentality here is that he'll be coaching till 90 or something like that, but he realistically doesn't have many years left, especially if the Spurs don't get right back into contention or at least playoff-caliber team. I can't see Pop staying for, say, 3 more seasons on a tanking team. And then you consider Lonnie is 21...

I don't know that he'll "suck" outright next season. He will for sure if he doesn't use the summer to work in the glaring holes in his game that were exposed in the bubble, but if he puts in the time and effort, I don't see how he couldn't at least be serviceable even without plays called for him. Lonnie's most dangerous enemy is himself - if you compile every near-miss he had at the rim in the 8 bubble games, I'm certain he could've come close to at least 10PPG or even better. I'm certainly not expecting him to break out next season, but the one after that, that's going to be his chance - especially since, if I'm not mistaken, that would be his contract year after the rookie contract is up.
    Yeah, it's not pop's fault lonnie has struggled he still cant finish with his left hand. Teams are forcing him to use it everytime.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sell high?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade murray, but keep DeRozan? Tons of low IQ spur fans in here, I see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has made great strides. He might really become triple double machine. Definitely gotta keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray can stay consistent, I would not trade him. But, this remains to be seen. We are just 4 games into the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has made great strides. He might really become triple double machine. Definitely gotta keep him.
    I hope he doesn’t become like a stat-padder like Westbrook, but translate it to W for the team. I mean DJ says the right things, 29 points didn’t matter because they lost. Because tge big 3 were never about the personal stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just remember when Pop put walker on a Leonard and he gave up rather than tried to defend him.

People act like the Spurs don't have a history of developing talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celebrating after 4 games. I thought you were better than that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said what I said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s an argument blowing up the whole roster outside the 2019 and 2020 draft is the right course of action

But I don’t think that’s how you arrived at this topic and singled out Murray before he had a breakout year and proved to be one of the few bright spots this year compared to expectations set for him going in.

on its face the first comment from your original post could not be more hilariously wrong.

Hold the L.

Thread Information