Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Development:

Out of position as a PG
    Position mentored by Patty Mills and Bryn Forbes
    Put in positions where he overthinks instead of his monkeyballer skills being maxed.
    *Stars and *leaders on the team to take pressure off him have been Muh Touches LMA and DD. Please.

Even the 76er game, while i am not blaming Pop, i would not have put him in that defensive inbounds position. Gets emotionally overloaded easily when asked to mul ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and KJ are really emerging as the legit young players on the squad so far, ahead of Murray and Walker. Hate to beat a dead horse, but if KJ and White play an extra 5 minutes each and DeRozan 5-10 minutes less, Porter probably doesn't score 30, and the Spurs maybe win this game. Through four games, DeRozan is at -6 and KJ is at +17. White is at +15. Under normal cir stances I'd say it's too early to anoint KJ as the starting SF, but the Spurs have no hope of a future le with DeMar as their leader in minutes, so they might as well pull off that bandaid now and get it over with. I'd hang on to Murray another year for sure, unless the combination of DeRozan & Murray can bring back a legit player over 6'8" who can defend and hit threes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate the kid but it's pretty obvious him being the Spurs next PG was stupid as . His IQ is terrible he can't dribble or finish at the rim and he can't shoot. Idk how they thought they were gonna turn him into TP
    At least it only took you 4 years. How he and walker are considered professional is the probem with the NBA.

All he did at Washington was run out of control on fast breaks. Why he was drafted to play pg for this team is unknown. Cant pass cant finish and some reason has shooter mentality.

He and Lonnie will only be successful is the pace is the fastest innthe league

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it doesn't take years to learn how to play basketball. You either have it you don't. Look no further than White. Took all of 5 minutes to realize this guy knows how to play. Murray doesn't and he doesn't have any notable skill either. He's a bad fit with virtually everyone.

I'd try get ahead of this like the Mavericks did Smith.

The only way this group of role players work long term is by getting rid of him and trying to find a centerpiece to make sense of them. The trade I proposed would potentially kill two birds with one stone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember back when Parker was young and many of the same things were said. doesnt pass/cant see the floor/ cant shoot. He turned out ok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember back when Parker was young and many of the same things were said. doesnt pass/cant see the floor/ cant shoot. He turned out ok.
    Ah, this nonsense again. So because of the success of him and S bag, that means it's easy to find and develop superstars and stars anywhere.

Parker always had elite speed/quickness and near elite handle, which made him elite at getting to the rim, where he was elite at finishing. Real, tangible, important skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Parker was a starter after a couple of games into his rookie season. By year two he was the second offensive option behind Duncan. Murray is way behind that curve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Parker was a starter after a couple of games into his rookie season. By year two he was the second offensive option behind Duncan. Murray is way behind that curve.

Not to mention they are completely different players

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker also was not taking over from the teams best PG of all time nor did he get injured early on. I also remember a lot of people wanted him benched for speedy (2nd year) and then let go or benched if we could have gotten Kidd. Yep from the first day he was on the team People thought he was the second best player on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker also was not taking over from the teams best PG of all time nor did he get injured early on. I also remember a lot of people wanted him benched for speedy (2nd year) and then let go or benched if we could have gotten Kidd. Yep from the first day he was on the team People thought he was the second best player on the team.
    If Murray can ever be as good as year 2 Parker at any point of his career, I would be the happiest man alive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, this nonsense again. So because of the success of him and S bag, that means it's easy to find and develop superstars and stars anywhere.
    Thats not what I am saying at all. I think he will be good though and I have seen how the board can praise players when they do well and then think they should be traded easily also. If teams traded players as easily as people on hear wish they would then we would probably end up with 300 different players on the team by year end and probably none would make it through the whole season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His pullup jumper looks great & his 3 ball looks decent too - he just needs to shoot it more so he can attack when defenses close out harder to him. The thing will be him understanding he's never going to be an iso guy because he doesn't have explosive speed (or even a quick first step) nor the strength to get what he wants 1 on 1.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs would ahve been bad in ass with kiddd

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dejounte is paper trash

cut him

i wanted him to be good, but sorry senor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His pullup jumper looks great & his 3 ball looks decent too - he just needs to shoot it more so he can attack when defenses close out harder to him. The thing will be him understanding he's never going to be an iso guy because he doesn't have explosive speed (or even a quick first step) nor the strength to get what he wants 1 on 1.
    The only thing that bothers me at this point is Murray's inability to finish consistently (considering he is so adept getting to the rim).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is feeling the pressure and forces things rather than having the game come to him. He is trying too hard and unfortunately the self imposed role of enforcer does not feel natural to his game and right now makes him look worse than what he is. He needs to chill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Need to give Murray at least another year before trading him or something else

Why ? Because it's his first year after the injury and he improves his jumpshot a lot, now he needs to improve his decision making.. We'll see if he can.

Plus he is a good defender, start with getting rid of forbes, beli.... Maybe gay, poetl who is not good actually.... And then think about dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's issue is that he came in with an alpha mentality that was beaten out of him by Pop's treatment... Now he plays like a roleplayer... He only took 8 shots for Christ sakes... Rudy gay took 18!!! White took 15! Murray plays like a pussy waaay too often... I've been saying his best games are when he takes at least 15 shots... Those are when he is active and acting like a star... Even Forbes shoots more than Murray

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen enough. Delusional, low IQ and unskilled, is an untenable combination.

Maybe someday he'll accept that his only path to being a useful player is to become a 3 and D type, but it more than likely won't be here. Without any elite young talent to put him in his place, he'll likely continue his delusions of grandeur. Either way, I'm not interested in wasting a bunch more years on the off chance that changes (the potential payoff isn't worth it), while he cramps the current and future youth of this team because he's such a poor fit.

It's insane to think of the contract this bit player received based on nothing. On his own, he won't fetch much, but if Aldridge or DeRozan can return a pick (something like Aldridge for Olynyk and 23), they could add it to 11 to try to get to 5.
    It's way beyond Murray tbh.
    Patfo has lost the plot completely.

Ponder this... Patfo daggered TP9 and forced him out of town to give DJM his starting job!!!
    Don't blame TP9 either,after all he gave and that's how it went down.
    Then when DJM through injury and play fubared it they gave that job to BRYN FORBES and a few dashes of the ever worthless Patty Mills

Tbh I'd of rather seen TP9 dragging his corpse around for a few more years until he retired than the useless clowns Patfo has tried to fill his shoes with.

When Patty Mills is your team leader and officially sanctioned Spurs culture torch bearer it is well and ing over.
    Can you imagine say Matt Bonner being the "leader" during the contending years?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's issue is that he came in with an alpha mentality that was beaten out of him by Pop's treatment... Now he plays like a roleplayer... He only took 8 shots for Christ sakes... Rudy gay took 18!!! White took 15! Murray plays like a pussy waaay too often... I've been saying his best games are when he takes at least 15 shots... Those are when he is active and acting like a star... Even Forbes shoots more than Murray
    You mean like the terrible game he had against the sixers when he was active and missed a lot of shots? Dont tell me you are back...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves the kid hes his new george hill
    Pop loves having a glut of guards so he can continue playing midget ball with Demar at PF. The likes of Lonny White and DJ guarding the taller SFs .. as in last night when they all gave up offensive rebounds to the much taller Grant and Porter. A few seasons of this with Bryn leading the way isnt enough evidence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves having a glut of guards so he can continue playing midget ball with Demar at PF. The likes of Lonny White and DJ guarding the taller SFs .. as in last night when they all gave up offensive rebounds to the much taller Grant and Porter. A few seasons of this with Bryn leading the way isnt enough evidence.
    The O rebounds are more linked to youre 4 Or 5 who are not cleaning the glass.
    Give the spurs a real guy inside and you will see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen enough. Delusional, low IQ and unskilled, is an untenable combination.

Maybe someday he'll accept that his only path to being a useful player is to become a 3 and D type, but it more than likely won't be here. Without any elite young talent to put him in his place, he'll likely continue his delusions of grandeur. Either way, I'm not interested in wasting a bunch more years on the off chance that changes (the potential payoff isn't worth it), while he cramps the current and future youth of this team because he's such a poor fit.

It's insane to think of the contract this bit player received based on nothing. On his own, he won't fetch much, but if Aldridge or DeRozan can return a pick (something like Aldridge for Olynyk and 23), they could add it to 11 to try to get to 5.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but 23 and 11 doesn't get you to 5.

I won't argue about maybe needing to move DJ, though. He's looked pretty trashy in Orlando. White is just SO much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White doesn't need to be the one replacing Murray. This whole offense would look a lot better if White stays in his current mode of attacking / scoring and if Murray was competent. Replace Murray with Q and White can maintain his current role. We dont need or want White to do everything. What I think this team's goal is to be a hydra, with players from every position who can attack and score. Q already looks like he can score, defend, and shoot 3s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The O rebounds are more linked to youre 4 Or 5 who are not cleaning the glass.
    Give the spurs a real guy inside and you will see.
    Poeltl played against Jokic, who mostly played from the perimeter. So you had the Spurs only 7 footer away from the rim. There's no way you can handle Porter & Millsap under the rim with 4 guards. Jokic had only 4 rebounds the whole game.

Thread Information