Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've picked Brogdon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mediocre at best BBIQ and a powder-puff upstairs. Murray's iness is obviously compensation.
    His journeyman skillset and weak mental game is best utilized in moderation. Used as he is now will cost the team games.
    He'll have a good game every now and then, but the kid is truly nothing special. Count on this cat and you're gonna be disappointed.

He's been the biggest let-down this season by far. The rest of the team is competing hard and is fun to watch.
    Murray's a bum/bummer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the good ole Spurstalk posts that says "Player X is trash" all while claiming they can be traded for something meaningful.
    Jeff Ayers would be more mesnigmful tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think about it this way--

A team has to exhibit loyalty if they expect loyalty in return.

We are finally inching towards a brotherhood within our players, and we want to go away from that? This is the new NBA, its all about unity. With a high turnover, you can't achieve that.

People have to think about the internal factors, not just the external.

If the asshole #2 maybe had a friend or two on his team, maybe he would have stayed. Instead, those teams had cliques and every time he was forming a bond, we got rid of his friends. Granted, they sucked... (J Simms and Dedmon)

Would you rather win with your brothers or win with a bunch of randoms and develop a prima donna at ude and start thinking you can do it on any team?

We want stars to stay, not go...
    So, what does that have to do with Dejounte?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means Homer, maybe with some real coaching and continued comradery he may excell many more times then he already has.
    https://youtu.be/S4ss8t0kysw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes. Crawford was a good ball handler and a great shooter. If Murray was as good as him, I'd be all for keeping him, but I don't think he is unfortunately.
    Yeah, maybe Crawford isn't the right comparison. Still think Murray has 6th man potential.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

white / keldon / og / tj warren / myles turner

that's some defense right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're trying to say I was saying Dejounte is a star, I wasn't....

Why focus on one line? Read the whole thing in full context. It's not hard to understand what I'm trying to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, maybe Crawford isn't the right comparison. Still think Murray has 6th man potential.
    Maybe Livingston post ACL injury. He made a living posting up small guards. Murray's mid range looks like he could do that and pitch in at point guard when needed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how white can become a spot up 3pt shooter during the hiatus but dejounte couldn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means Homer, maybe with some real coaching and continued comradery he may excell many more times then he already has.
    https://youtu.be/S4ss8t0kysw
    In his highest possible arc, he still falls far short of star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're trying to say I was saying Dejounte is a star, I wasn't....

Why focus on one line? Read the whole thing in full context. It's not hard to understand what I'm trying to say.
    The Spurs traded Antonio Daniels, Malik Rose, and let Jack walk, and yet somehow, Tim Duncan was fine. There’s a reason they’re interested in who you are when they draft, and it only failed them once, with a mute cancer with a manipulative uncle. I don’t think they should keep pieces that aren’t working so as to not offend a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again Poop screwed DJ career he should have put him as a SG instead of trying to make him a PG when everyone knows he does not have the skill set for it. Just tell him to go watch tape of Bowen and Green this summer and tell him that’s is what we want from him if possible.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

white / keldon / og / tj warren / myles turner

that's some defense right there.
    looks great for us but i dont see any reason why pacers gives away so much value for an old 1yr LMA, mid range pick and a guy who will not have a spot in a starting 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again Poop screwed DJ career he should have put him as a SG instead of trying to make him a PG when everyone knows he does not have the skill set for it. Just tell him to go watch tape of Bowen and Green this summer and tell him that’s is what we want from him if possible.
    When you draft a raw player at 29, you shoot for the moon. A 6’5” PG is infinitely more valuable than a 6’5” SG. If it doesn’t work, you roll with plan B. Besides, he couldn’t ing shoot. Plenty of precedent for poor shooting PGs, but not so much for SGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Livingston post ACL injury. He made a living posting up small guards. Murray's mid range looks like he could do that and pitch in at point guard when needed.
    Not a bad comparison. I don't remember much about Sean except for him playing well with the Dubs. I went back and apparently DJs weakness coming out of college was his jump shot and his decision making. Looks like he's got the jump shot down but the decision making might take awhile.
    Last edited by RD2191; 08-06-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you draft a raw player at 29, you shoot for the moon. A 6’5” PG is infinitely more valuable than a 6’5” SG. If it doesn’t work, you roll with plan B. Besides, he couldn’t ing shoot. Plenty of precedent for poor shooting PGs, but not so much for SGs.
    I agree but it took one year for most people to understand he does not have PG skill set ie court vision. I am OK with them trying first year but after that it should have been obvious he does not have the skill set but his shooting has gotten much better which is easier to work and learn as someone stated earlier you either have the PG skill set or you don’t. Again switch him to SG or trade him either one is fine with me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats not what I am saying at all. I think he will be good though and I have seen how the board can praise players when they do well and then think they should be traded easily also. If teams traded players as easily as people on hear wish they would then we would probably end up with 300 different players on the team by year end and probably none would make it through the whole season.
    Based on what; him looking/sounding the part? He's been hyped since he slipped in the draft by people who cover it, then uncharacteristically by the Spurs behind the scenes, which led to the medial (both local and national) following suit, but he's never actually proven anything.

I've been consistent with my critique throughout.

Hate to burst your bubble, but 23 and 11 doesn't get you to 5.

I won't argue about maybe needing to move DJ, though. He's looked pretty trashy in Orlando. White is just SO much better.
    Hate to burst yours, but I said Murray, 11 and 23 for 5 and Brown Jr.

You can't trade 1st rounders in consecutive years. Miami's pick isn't available.

They wouldn't want that awful deal anyway.
    I believe it is and that's good value for them.

Doesn't cost a significant asset, gets them a step closer to contention and doesn't tie up '21 cap space to potentially chase Antetokounmpo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs sub reddit seems to he where all the low iq fans post....can't call Murray out on there without unnecessary backlash

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is RC better have 6 separate phone on his desk labeled:

1. Philly they have pick 22 they desperately need a change maybe Rudy?

2. Orlando - has 16th pick they not going anywhere have been interested in DEROZZ ie. Gordon

3. Boston - picks 15, 25, 30 They need a Center so Poodle trade and there 15th pick.

4. Miami - 23rd pick Rudy?

5. Portland - 14th pick off course LMA and not sure who we would want but this years pick or next years would have to be part of deal

6. Nets - They want 3 big names could see DEROZZ agreeing to a sign and trade oh they have 19th pick which would have to be in deal. Dwindle plus ? And 19th pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what; him looking/sounding the part? He's been hyped since he slipped in the draft by people who cover it, then uncharacteristically by the Spurs behind the scenes, which led to the medial (both local and national) following suit, but he's never actually proven anything.

I've been consistent with my critique throughout.
    He has had good games. White has had good games both have had bad games. Murray is younger. first year didnt play much. 2nd year starting to take over but still was not a focus. 3rd year out and this year still not given confidence to play his way and also coming off injury. Let him get next year in and see how he does. he should be able to play more comfortable next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is RC better have 6 separate phone on his desk labeled:

1. Philly they have pick 22 they desperately need a change maybe Rudy?

2. Orlando - has 16th pick they not going anywhere have been interested in DEROZZ ie. Gordon

3. Boston - picks 15, 25, 30 They need a Center so Poodle trade and there 15th pick.

4. Miami - 23rd pick Rudy?

5. Portland - 14th pick off course LMA and not sure who we would want but this years pick or next years would have to be part of deal

6. Nets - They want 3 big names could see DEROZZ agreeing to a sign and trade oh they have 19th pick which would have to be in deal. Dwindle plus ? And 19th pick.
    We need a stretch 4 that can play defense we don’t need anymore guards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants his contract. He's not a starting PG. He's a backup combo guard. He's the replacement for Patty as our overpaid bench) reserve positionless guard. What's really great is that we have another year of Patty too.

That said, his contract isn't some albatross that we need to package with real assets to unload.

Priority needs to be finding a real starter caliber PG with a 3 ball and high BBIQ. Then you feature Murray off the bench and hope he grows into the role well enough to entice GMs a la George Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a stretch 4 that can play defense we don’t need anymore guards
    #metu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has had good games. White has had good games both have had bad games. Murray is younger. first year didnt play much. 2nd year starting to take over but still was not a focus. 3rd year out and this year still not given confidence to play his way and also coming off injury. Let him get next year in and see how he does. he should be able to play more comfortable next year.
    Again, what does he do offensively so much as competently that's important for a perimeter player?

Is he going to medical school? It doesn't take 8 years to figure out how to play basketball. It's generally innate and again, he doesn't have any notable skill to make up for his lack of basketball IQ.

Nobody wants his contract. He's not a starting PG. He's a backup combo guard. He's the replacement for Patty as our overpaid bench) reserve positionless guard. What's really great is that we have another year of Patty too.

That said, his contract isn't some albatross that we need to package with real assets to unload.

Priority needs to be finding a real starter caliber PG with a 3 ball and high BBIQ. Then you feature Murray off the bench and hope he grows into the role well enough to entice GMs a la George Hill.
    "We" would be packaging it to move up to hopefully add much needing play making and 3-point shooting (or at least, a willingness to shoot them with volume), with Avdija or possibly Hayes/Haliburton.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Thread Information