Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday to the greatest point guard of all time!

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only 24 yo and already a best point guard in nba, we are lucky to have him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's a scrub. Trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday to the greatest point guard of all time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could be really useful as our 6th man.. but that means he comes in and lights up the score board, get a steal or two.. Our version of Jamal Crawford. He needs to be able to shoot the 3 at an efficient rate for this to make sense.. Would he even embrace this role, or would it be a demotion to him? I would bet on the latter.
    I think he views himself as a star or star in the making. He was crowned as Parker's heir (a mistake). When he's a starter he says the right things, but every time he comes off the bench his body language is terrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he follows Kawhi's developement of being a 3 and D in his first 2 years before adding layers to his game, he could be a better player today. Instead we expect him to do too much too earlier.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they tried this, briefly, a year or two ago, he unfollowed the Spurs Twitter account.
    I think he views himself as a star or star in the making. He was crowned as Parker's heir (a mistake). When he's a starter he says the right things, but every time he comes off the bench his body language is terrible.

If you're going to have that at ude, you better be a genuine star to justify it. He ain't that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be better if he concentrated more on defense and running the plays. We got plenty of scorers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only he could run the offense as well as he runs his mouth.
    My hope was that he could evolve into a Rondo type guard. Don't see that happening anymore.

More and more, I hope we do draft a point guard that challenges for his spot on day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year was definitely disappointing with regards to Murray. He looks like he's better suited at SG, where his rebounding skills can be allowed to flourish. Derrick and Keldon took clear steps forward in the bubble and now look like the future. I'm guessing the Spurs write off this season as a post surgery year for him and give him one more year to show real growth. He got paid on potential, which hasn't materialized yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we can trade him to the Knicks for the 8th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray still has the deficiencies he had when he came into the league. The guy has terrible handle with his dribble too high and is susceptible to steals and inability to drive into coverage. His shot is still a "work in progress" but he ain't progressed very much. He has some raw skills on defense but no BBIQ when it comes to settling down and running an offense. If someone will take him as a work in progresss with a high ceiling, don't disabuse them of their error and make a decent, if not great, trade.

Walker is another work in progress who needs to learn how to finish a layup or a dunk. (face palm) That's a beginning for a completely unready but good physical specimen. An outside shot would be nice if it could be managed in the next season, but at least he has some potential star value.

We can't keep two works in progress at the guard position.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray made progress this year with his midrange game. That’s one thing I noticed. He hasn’t improved as fast as we want but he is still improving. Is he really a point guard? No. Would I trade him for a good offer? Sure. I find it highly unlikely the Spurs will trade him. If Presti was still around then I would think differently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray made progress this year with his midrange game. That’s one thing I noticed. He hasn’t improved as fast as we want but he is still improving. Is he really a point guard? No. Would I trade him for a good offer? Sure. I find it highly unlikely the Spurs will trade him. If Presti was still around then I would think differently.
    I think they are moving either Murray or White thos off-season, probably at the draft. To me White is the better player but, Murray may have more upside. I think Murray will be more valuable or shall I say I think he'll bring back more based on the perception of his upside.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are moving either Murray or White thos off-season, probably at the draft. To me White is the better player but, Murray may have more upside. I think Murray will be more valuable or shall I say I think he'll bring back more based on the perception of his upside.
    I disagree. I don’t think they will end up trading anybody. And I think White has higher value. But we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray still has the deficiencies he had when he came into the league. The guy has terrible handle with his dribble too high and is susceptible to steals and inability to drive into coverage. His shot is still a "work in progress" but he ain't progressed very much. He has some raw skills on defense but no BBIQ when it comes to settling down and running an offense. If someone will take him as a work in progresss with a high ceiling, don't disabuse them of their error and make a decent, if not great, trade.

Walker is another work in progress who needs to learn how to finish a layup or a dunk. (face palm) That's a beginning for a completely unready but good physical specimen. An outside shot would be nice if it could be managed in the next season, but at least he has some potential star value.

We can't keep two works in progress at the guard position.

this statement is disingenuous at best. Lmao.

I’m not a huge Murray fan but his shooting is way better than it was before. His pull up jumper was something he didn’t even have until this season. In the past he would try to shoot floaters from jump shot territory which was awful. His free throw % went up with similar amount of attempts, 3 point % went up with more attempts, and his overall field goal % went up also. The numbers back up the eye test that he was shooting the ball with more confidence than ever before.

Murray does make bone headed decisions with passing and handling the basketball though so I agree with you on that.

Lonnie Walker pretty much played his rookie season last year because he only played in 17 games as a rookie. He has a very good looking shooting stroke and shot well from 3. He also has a good pull up midrange jump shot. His biggest offensive issue is the fact that he does need to embrace drawing and trying to finish through contact. His handle could be better but he is so damn quick he can get by for now with what he has. Dude just needs to get stronger and emulate Keldon Johnson when it comes to seeking out contact at the rim. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say all I did above to say I wouldn’t be mad if the traded Murray. Lmao. I think he isn’t as good as a lot Spurs fans make him out to be. I always thought Murray wasn’t really a point guard and White was the better point guard of the two.

So if they could get a draft pick or a young guy who is solid at the 3 or 4 spot, I wouldn’t be mad at them trading Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ship sailed a long time ago. Murray should already realize that the best way for him to maximize his value as an NBA player is to commit to the 3 and D role.

I swear Murray is gonna be 30 and folks will still be talking about his "higher upside", tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is everybody ignoring that White regressed last season at point guard prior to the bubble. It was only when he played off-ball next to Murray that he shined. White was still the closing point guard and he played down to expectations. Do you guys still think White is better at lead guard or off-ball secondary ballhandler, cause all evidence points to the latter. White lack of first step does not matter on closeouts and cuts.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 09-21-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this statement is disingenuous at best. Lmao.

I’m not a huge Murray fan but his shooting is way better than it was before. His pull up jumper was something he didn’t even have until this season. In the past he would try to shoot floaters from jump shot territory which was awful. His free throw % went up with similar amount of attempts, 3 point % went up with more attempts, and his overall field goal % went up also. The numbers back up the eye test that he was shooting the ball with more confidence than ever before.

Murray does make bone headed decisions with passing and handling the basketball though so I agree with you on that.

Lonnie Walker pretty much played his rookie season last year because he only played in 17 games as a rookie. He has a very good looking shooting stroke and shot well from 3. He also has a good pull up midrange jump shot. His biggest offensive issue is the fact that he does need to embrace drawing and trying to finish through contact. His handle could be better but he is so damn quick he can get by for now with what he has. Dude just needs to get stronger and emulate Keldon Johnson when it comes to seeking out contact at the rim. Lol
    I wonder if he is worried about his knee and that is why he is not taking it to the rim with authority?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is everybody ignoring that White regressed last season at point guard prior to the bubble. It was only when he played off-ball next to Murray that he shined. White was still the closing point guard and he played down to expectations. Do you guys still think White is better at lead guard or off-ball secondary ballhandler, cause all evidence points to the latter. White lack of first step does not matter on closeouts and cuts.
    I think White makes a good PG and a good SG the issue is that when he plays with Derozz he pretty much is a SG as Derozz requires the ball in his hands more.

I would only trade Murray if it was for a pick 4 to 8 range but it would be straight up trade meaning I am not trading Murray and our pick 11 just to pick four or five picks earlier.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray is traded before the start of next season. His removal of his IG workout manifesto and replacing with the uncertain future comment combined with different players sending him the black heart emoji makes me think PATFO told him he could be traded or he would be coming off the bench. I don’t think the Spurs signed him to that extension to come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray is traded before the start of next season. His removal of his IG workout manifesto and replacing with the uncertain future comment combined with different players sending him the black heart emoji makes me think PATFO told him he could be traded or he would be coming off the bench. I don’t think the Spurs signed him to that extension to come off the bench.
    Which pictures do you mean by "workout manifesto"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ship sailed a long time ago. Murray should already realize that the best way for him to maximize his value as an NBA player is to commit to the 3 and D role.

I swear Murray is gonna be 30 and folks will still be talking about his "higher upside", tbh.
    You may be absolutely right...and your opinion is the consensus here on ST but, I think its different around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may be absolutely right...and your opinion is the consensus here on ST but, I think its different around the league.
    Hopefully that's the case and the Spurs sell high on him. Although I doubt the Spurs trade him at all.

Thread Information